Happy Memorial Day!

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Brothers and sisters;

At worship service this weekend we lifted the veterans within our church family, all veterans for Christ, their families and gave thanks in open prayer;

Dear Heavenly Father;
We thank you for ALL our veterans throughout your nations on all four corners of the earth who desire to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ. We lift up your families whose sons and daughters have sacrificed their lives for liberation and your glory over the oppressed, rejoicing in the Lord's favor and deliverance.

Isaiah 61:1-3, 1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, 2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. - NIV

One day Jesus will return and this will reveal God's favor and retribution for our veterans and what they sacrificed for the oppressed.

I also want personally thank you, your Dads, Moms and relatives who served in the Armed Forces, and thank you to my Dad who served in the United States Air Force from 1954 to 1974.

God bless you all and Happy Memorial Day.

Back