Have you ever dealt with someone who kept shaming you for not “subscribing” to them, or another person, or even a company, even if you didn’t want to?

This is particularly for any type of media, in case if you’re wondering. Personally, I’m only discussing on the shaming in subscribing and not the persuasion. Examples are “subscribe now, or else something bad will happen to you”, and “you haven’t subscribed yet? What is your problem dude?”. But if you hate subscriptions in general, that’s also perfectly fine.

Edit: I know I might have said a topic similar to this in another thread, but I don’t care. I’m doing it anyway.

No...
The only time something similar happened was with those pushy Greenpeace people. I think they just expect everyone to give them money all the time like we an atm machine. Not just a one off donation but sign your income away.
Otherwise, the only other subscriptions are email ones that can easily be dropped and blocked.

Oh and gym memberships, I don't do those. They were hard to unsubscribe to I remember once trying to and getting the bank to block them debit. Lesson, never sign up for anything on the spot involving direct debit.

I do only basic subscriptions, like running the library ones. I'm very careful about what I sign up for. It's bad to sign any kind of contract you don't understand under pressure. Some of them you need a lawyer to figure out.

This is how they make their money, by getting more people to subscribe they get more advertisers to pay them for running an ad. I have always viewed this as begging for money. I am not on social media, although I do watch some youtube videos. They are begging to the point of almost demanding your subscription to their channel. Like any other entity relying on advertising dollars. You can of course change the channel.

I haven’t noticed, but sometimes we can become so used to certain kinds of behaviour we probly become insensitive.
Or, because I don’t use most social media I just haven’t been exposed to it.

I think I will go with Dave F. and say they are desperate. Desperate people use desperate methods. So sad.

Sorry it happened to you. Hope you heal PTSDintheAsylum

I don't subscribe to any social media. The only thing I disagree with is when you donate to a charity by direct debit on a monthly basis and agree to stay with them for a year but when the year is up they write and ask you to double your monthly donation, or to remember them in your will.

I don't subscribe to any social media. The only thing I disagree with is when you donate to a charity by direct debit on a monthly basis and agree to stay with them for a year but when the year is up they write and ask you to double your monthly donation, or to remember them in your will.

The only time Cosia subscribed to social media was when I called her from London Heathrow airport. I was amongst the social travelers at the airport and used media communication by cell to reach our sister.

😎 "Hello, Cosia?" ☎️ "Oy! Who thou art?" 😇

lol!

It was a lovely chat and was blessed that we both fellowship at CFS. Now, that was a good social media.

On a more serious note there is a disturbing social media that PTSTintheAsylum alludes to. When there is a need I'll inquire (or subscribe) on my time.

When the rep uses a tone that I will regret if I don't subscribe, actually aren't they're the one who didn't earn my business?

Some of us have said we don't subscribe to social media. I find the more I practice this helps minimizes those cold calls.

This is particularly for any type of media, in case if you’re wondering. Personally, I’m only discussing on the shaming in subscribing and not the persuasion. Examples are “subscribe now, or else something bad will happen to you”, and “you haven’t subscribed yet? What is your problem dude?”. But if you hate subscriptions in general, that’s also perfectly fine.

Edit: I know I might have said a topic similar to this in another thread, but I don’t care. I’m doing it anyway.
One good benefit of old age is immunity to peer pressure. I've learned that opinions are like anuses; everybody has one, and most of them stink. People who try shaming me provide the amusing chuckle reserved for purveyers of folly.

The only time Cosia subscribed to social media was when I called her from London Heathrow airport. I was amongst the social travelers at the airport and used media communication by cell to reach our sister.

lol!

It was a lovely chat and was blessed that we both fellowship at CFS. Now, that was a good social media.

On a more serious note there is a disturbing social media that PTSTintheAsylum alludes to. When there is a need I'll inquire (or subscribe) on my time.

When the rep uses a tone that I will regret if I don't subscribe, actually aren't they're the one who didn't earn my business?

Some of us have said we don't subscribe to social media. I find the more I practice this helps minimizes those cold calls.
bobinfaith you made my day it was a lovely surprise. (Brothers and Sisters i did not buy anything from this caller. 😃 )

Those things are just emotional manipulation. Like those Facebook posts that say if you love Jesus repost this and if you don't, you don't love Jesus. That stuff is just silly. God knows how I feel about Him. Or share this post and you will get 10 blessings this week. Don't fall for any of that stuff. I just scroll right on by. God knows your heart. If I want to subscribe I will, and if I don't , I won't and wont give it a second thought. I've got bigger things to worry about that that nonsense. LOL

No...
The only time something similar happened was with those pushy Greenpeace people. I think they just expect everyone to give them money all the time like we an atm machine. Not just a one off donation but sign your income away.
Otherwise, the only other subscriptions are email ones that can easily be dropped and blocked.

Oh and gym memberships, I don't do those. They were hard to unsubscribe to I remember once trying to and getting the bank to block them debit. Lesson, never sign up for anything on the spot involving direct debit.

I do only basic subscriptions, like running the library ones. I'm very careful about what I sign up for. It's bad to sign any kind of contract you don't understand under pressure. Some of them you need a lawyer to figure out.
Yup, and those autopay things are dangerous because you may forget you have it set up and pay for something you no longer need or want for a long time. I've known people who were paying for things they no longer need or forgot to cancel and it keeps coming out of their pay each month. I never sign up for any autopay for that reason, except for where they give you no choice like car insurance. I like to keep track of what I'm spending.

I think it would be helpful to remember that those people are under a lot of "pressure" to produce.
If they do not reach a certain goal set for them by their bosses...they will be fired.

Now the problem for them is that they were never trained on how to handle that kind of stress or rejection when you tell them that you do not want what they are selling. So then they strike out at you (me) with......."whats wrong with YOU".

I am afraid that there is not an answer to help you with, other than to say......."Tanks for calling and you have a good day, BYE"!

lol!

WOW! The lesson here to notice is that The CFS web site pays YOU enough to fly to Europe. :whistle:

Back