He Did Away With The Law

He Did Away With The Law
Col. 2:14

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

I have included a bit of the context for the subject verse because it is so important! I am oft assaulted with this piece of heresy and it can be difficult to deal with, no matter your education level. To begin with it is essential that one be in the state of constant prayer but that is a subject for another discussion. Also it is, absolutely, essential that you surrender your daily life into the hands of the Holy
Spirit and, daily, spend no less than fifteen minutes in the study of the Word of God.

The errant idea I teach against here the idea that because the Christ fulfilled the requirements of the Mosaic Law it has passed away, is one that is prevalent with the New Testament Theology adherents and their teachers. To begin with, the Bible Jesus and His taught from disciples taught from, when we read the New Testament is composed of the first thirty-nine Books of what we, today, term, our Bible.

To begin with the very idea must be able to fly in the light of all scripture and it cannot even get past one quote, spoken by Jesus, Matt. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Heaven must become the Key Word here because any, reasonably, studied Christian knows that Heaven will pass when God, the Creator, destroys it. When we look at the structure of this sentence we see that Jesus did not say, ¨The Heavens,¨ and for this reason He is clearly speaking of the existing spiritual realm of God! The truth of the matter is that before the Earth was, Heaven had been, forever!

Next, for this idea to be easily sold, a principal I learned from my military days, must be employed and with this I am about to upset, far to, many people! For a lie, Propaganda, to be sold it must be easily digestible. This is easily accomplished because people, as a whole, are lazy making the truth contained in the lie to be about ten percent. If ten percent of the lie sounds familiar, the rest becomes, just,k commentary, wrapped around it. This is exactly how the Revisionist sells our young people the lies told today, they have heard mom, dad and other relatives say something like that!

My point here? Neither the Ten Commandments, nor the following six hundred and three examples of Life Application of the Law are the Mosaic Law. You see, words do count and they do matter. The Ten Commandments are the Law of God, they were, twice, etched or written, in stone by the finger of God, not Moses with a hammer and chisel. The six hundred and three life applications that follow are the God Inspired words of God. Moses, arguably, was the most educated man available but, even so, he was only fortunate enough to have been called by God for the purpose.

In the, rather, gross misapplication of this verse those making the error have one point correct, it applies to the Forgiven Sinner. (v. 13) On studying verse 15 we are given to understand that the sacrifice made by has made fools out of the Powers of the Earth. Going further we see that the forgiven need never to be concerned about the judgments of other men about what they eat or drink and that they need not be concerned with some that condemn because of perceived violations of the Sabbath.

All of this ¨proof¨ texting is not required among Grounded, in the Word, Christians because they know the most widely accepted and use principal of Scripture Interpretation, ¨Don´t.¨ God has anointed men, down through the years, to translate His Word from the original languages but it has never been a requirement that the Bible be interpreted. The understanding of the scriptures is a very simple thing but that is the reason it is rejected. To understand any single verse or any group of verses all we need to do is to read the Bible! Much to the distaste of the Lost Man, the Bible is self interpreting!

Consider... God is the only Infinite Being to be found. There, therefore, can be no finite being that can ever tell anybody what God meant. It therefore fell, and still falls, to God to make Himself understood. God has done exactly that! All we must do is to read... all of it.

Since when did Jesus do away with the law?

Matthew 5:18:For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Colossians 2:14:Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

This,speaks of the Ordinances that were against us,which were the Traditions of men.

Colossians 2:8:Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Romans 8:3-4:3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:21:For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Hebrews 9:26-28:26For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

1 John 3:5:And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Back