He is able .

Michael Collum

Inactive
He is able .

Who is able?
Who is able to stand against me? Job 41:10
There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor? James 4:12
He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals. Revelation 5:5

He is Able
He is able to Rescue and Save you when you're in danger . Daniel 3:17
He is able to humble you if you are walking in pride . Daniel 4:37
He is able to help you if you're being tempted . Hebrews 2:18
He is able to deal gently with you even if you know nothing and are going astray . Hebrews 5:2

He is able to graft anyone into the vine of new life in Jesus Christ . Romans 11:23
He is able to make all grace overflow toward you and enable you to do anything good with increasing measure. 2nd Corinthians 9:8
His power within us is able to do immeasurably more than you can imagine or even begin think Ephesians 3:20

He is able to make you stand . Romans 14:4
He is able to establish you . Romans 16:25

He is able to preserve your fruit so that it remains . 2nd Timothy 1:12
He is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy . Jude 1:24
He is able to completely save you who come to God through Jesus Christ, because Jesus always lives to intercede for you . (, yeah lives to intercede for you personally, awesome isn't it?!!?!?!?) Hebrews 7:25

A question came to me . the bible says God is able to do all these things .

Which of these verses speaks to your life the loudest? and why?

He is able to deal gentlly with you ......... Hebrews 5:2

This speaks volumes to me. I am fortunate to have a very gentle father who never lost his temper while i was growing up and presenting him with all the obstacles that a teenager could bring. But it saddens me when i hear fathers (and mothers) aggressively shouting at their children in the street for what seems like the smallest things.

I feel blessed that the Lord, Our Father, is gentle and if i am unaware that i am being less like Jesus he will show me a rainbow, a flower, a smile on someone's face to remind me that he is there and gently bring me back to the path......

Many of them speak in some way to me but of recent note

He is able to deal gently with you even if you know nothing and are going astray .

Speaks to me a lot! I was i guess under the impression for years that God was probably going to kill me before i got to a place where i could enjoy any of this . i just didn't get it . i lived out of inspiration of pain . and the pain spoke for me . the pain preached for me . the pain of many spiritual experiences .. that are too matrix . and probly should not happen to anyone . i couldn't see God as gentle or kind . i looked at what was happening with me and well that must be God . do good and good stuff happens . and mess up and watch out . Like that time when this supernatural fire burnt out all my natural painkillers and i was in agony for a weak and my body felt pain only, and at the bottom i saw a vision of all these idols my heart had made . so maybe it was God . but i hardly see it as kindness so maybe it was an angel . who knows?

I resolved to love others as God had loved me .. but at that point in my life my perception of the way God loved me was .. he helps me not sin by blowing my soul to bits . so you could imagine the kind of interpretation i might have had . i'd rather forget . James speaks well to what i became back then . and eventually after blogging bible meditations day after day that exemplified whatever happened in the past .. something happened .. i had these horrible chest pains .. i fought with them for three days .. and then went to the hospital .. they told me nothing was wrong and did all the necessary tests to find out if i had a heart attack or not .. nope . but during that time .. it was like i woke up .. and i remembered that in death there is release .. and somehow .. i got the idea that "i died" whatever that meant i felt released from many things .. many many things .. but i still had this huge mass of electricity inside trying to gravitate toward my heart .. but then something happened .. it was like the Holy Spirit took the shape of a ball in my heart and slowly expanded as a boundary the electricity could not cross .. and i lived . . after that i think i changed churches because something at the previous place was amplifying one of my negative factors .. and i started just listening to just the gospels (instead of the whole bible or whole new testament) on MP3 on auto repeat .. and somewhere along the way .. all this knowledge i had amassed .. disappeared .. like it was the blackness of night . and i felt lost .. i forgot everything i learned it was such a disarming experience .. and i'll need to continue this later . gotta go to work .

but i'll def get to the point of why the gentleness speaks to me by the end of the day .

love bless .

A question came to me . the bible says God is able to do all these things .

Which of these verses speaks to your life the loudest? and why?

Thank you Michael for that thought provoking question .

Ephesians 3:20

20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

I would have to say that this verse is what I strive for ikn following my Lord and Saviour . I need to give everything to Him and watch Him take over and give me the power of the Holy Spirit to move and minister in my community .

All I have to do is ask . So simple but sometimes I make it so difficult .

As I yeild all to Him , my finances , my health , my emotional well being, my time ; he is working with me for my good . All to Him I surrender .

So if you would indulge me a little more i will continue where i left off .

So i was completely without scripture memory . felt like my life was drifting away . and my will to live and just didn't know where to place myself spiritually . and then i remembered Jesus . i remembered in the beginning when i knew nothing He accepted me as i trusted Him and i guess He accepted me then too . like this early believers who had all things in common and were all in one place . and all they knew was how Jesus lived and that He was crucified . resurrected .. and that's it . So humbly this was the starting point seeing the error of my previous ways i realized i could no longer just believe something because it was written down in the bible . without substance to belief . it just becomes hollow and empty and the inner vaccuum just kills my soul . so even though i know all you guys believe from that perspective and i aint got nothing against that . where the gentleness comes in is where God made it real to me as i stumbled through many stages of severe disillusionment and ignorance and suspicion of early church conspiracies and factions . I guess i have a working trust in the bible again . . . but it was only because God restored me gently through those times and grew that truth within me .

so i may be a little wierd but it's cause God made me that way .. well i dunno if the destructive part was Him yet . but even if it was can't help loving Him anyway ;) as He sure did preserve me through those times also .

I know He is very able very very able . i don't know what He's not able to do . but this experience has worked a lot more patience in me than i never used to have . especially when it comes to the spiritual development of my fellow workers in His kingdom and my own spiritual growth also . i guess i learned a lot . it sure did hurt but i think i forgot the pain and remembered His faithfulness and gentleness to me the most . God really is love . and i am glad .

I'm with you on learning to be more patient, Michael. Its a discipline that i have struggled with too ...... Thank you for sharing :)

I have just been reminded of Psalm 40: 1-5

I waited patiently for the Lord ;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
and put their trust in him.

Back