He proposed to her and me

So I recently found out that a guy I was spending time with this year just got married. He apparantly was involved with his wife throughout the entire time him and I were hanging out/dating. Him and I never became an actual couple, but he was telling me he wanted a relationship. I however just wasn't interested in one with him bcuz I felt that we were unequally yoked. However, I developed feelings for him and expressed them to him. That happened in June, he ended up proposing to me in Aug. And the day he proposed he said we should do it this year bcuz his lease ends in Dec. At first I said yes but then said no, bcuz I felt it was happening too soon as I hadn't even met any of his fam or friends yet and just didn't feel confident that marrying him was something I should do even though I wanted to. He got upset that I said no and things cooled off btw us but eventually went back to speaking and hanging out. I found out on my own though earlier this month that he had just gotten married the first week of the month. At first I thought this was someone he met after proposing to me but then realized that she had been around all year long. She said on FB that she got engaged in July which would mean that he was already engaged to her when he proposed to me and it looks like he proposed to us with the same ring. I was so shocked bcuz he NEVER told me he was in a relationship and then engaged. And even after things cooled off btw us, he was still telling me he loved and missed me and that he still wanted a relationship with me while being engaged to her. Even the week he got married, he was messaging me wanting me to come over but I had no idea he was getting married in a couple of days. I found out about his wedding two days after it happened online, and when I confronted him about this he never took ownership and even flipped the script on me to make it seem like I'm in the wrong. I realize now that he must have just had an alternative motive for getting married and am so shocked and hurt by this. Just curious your thoughts on all of this?? Thank you.

Hi Monet
All this must have been very painful for you, and still raw. What a shock to have!

Taking all things into consideration you would have been worse off if you found out much later. I praise God that you found out about this man and his deception.

Your happiness stands a better chance now. Monet. Give yourself time to recover from it all. You deserve better and so does his wife.

Praying the right man will come along when you are ready.
Take heart, God is with you.
Bless you Monet.

Great advice from sister Cosia

That was incredibly irresponsible of him to behave the way he did.

Praying you move through the pain and show this this douche bag how you shine better without him and I hope God turns him into a garden slug until he repents.

Amen.

Also, you could pray on this verse. Gods Promises are Always True.
CAC82D6F-7D47-451C-BFA3-6BDCD11190E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Monet
All this must have been very painful for you, and still raw. What a shock to have!

Taking all things into consideration you would have been worse off if you found out much later. I praise God that you found out about this man and his deception.

Your happiness stands a better chance now. Monet. Give yourself time to recover from it all. You deserve better and so does his wife.

Praying the right man will come along when you are ready.
Take heart, God is with you.
Bless you Monet.
Thank you so much! ❤

:)So I recently found out that a guy I was spending time with this year just got married. He apparantly was involved with his wife throughout the entire time him and I were hanging out/dating. Him and I never became an actual couple, but he was telling me he wanted a relationship. I however just wasn't interested in one with him bcuz I felt that we were unequally yoked. However, I developed feelings for him and expressed them to him. That happened in June, he ended up proposing to me in Aug. And the day he proposed he said we should do it this year bcuz his lease ends in Dec. At first I said yes but then said no, bcuz I felt it was happening too soon as I hadn't even met any of his fam or friends yet and just didn't feel confident that marrying him was something I should do even though I wanted to. He got upset that I said no and things cooled off btw us but eventually went back to speaking and hanging out. I found out on my own though earlier this month that he had just gotten married the first week of the month. At first I thought this was someone he met after proposing to me but then realized that she had been around all year long. She said on FB that she got engaged in July which would mean that he was already engaged to her when he proposed to me and it looks like he proposed to us with the same ring. I was so shocked bcuz he NEVER told me he was in a relationship and then engaged. And even after things cooled off btw us, he was still telling me he loved and missed me and that he still wanted a relationship with me while being engaged to her. Even the week he got married, he was messaging me wanting me to come over but I had no idea he was getting married in a couple of days. I found out about his wedding two days after it happened online, and when I confronted him about this he never took ownership and even flipped the script on me to make it seem like I'm in the wrong. I realize now that he must have just had an alternative motive for getting married and am so shocked and hurt by this. Just curious your thoughts on all of this?? Thank you.
Thank God you're not her and move on.:)

um ok.
I don't have any thoughts on this, just your typical cheating man scenario. Be glad you not marrying him but the poor lady he is marrying probably doesn't know about you either. Otherwise she would have dumped him in the nearest ditch ?!

Fallen nature. How some sins are more magnified and easier to see than others. I cannot wait until our redemption draws near! I pray that all heals, recovers and contiunes to have a deeper relationship with Christ.

Back