Healing?

Healing?

I'm looking for information on healing. Both alternitve medicine and healing by the laying on of hands.
I'm interested in personal experiences and observations of their reality and effectiveness.

I would appreciate information on how I might be able to contact "Christians" who have knowledge or experience in healing by either means.

Respectfully Yours
And His
Cliff

From experience, I can tell you this~The laying on of hands is a very well known practice of all oneness Pentecostal churches.
It is taught from the Bible.

Mark 16:
...they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

James 5:
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Even Nazarenes believe in anointing with oil and laying on of hands, and they at least used to be an extremely conservative church. It's not at all like the ones you see on televangelists, but I've personally seen healing through both methods...and I've seen it NOT work more often than it did.

As far as alternative medicine...I've seen that too. In the end, I think a lot of it comes from the power of our own minds and faith to heal various afflictions. God created us with a marvelous body and mind, capable of great things. Though, when we take that mind and place it over God and seek power beyond him, we begin to step into the realms of witchcraft.

I'm looking for information on healing. Both alternitve medicine and healing by the laying on of hands.
I'm interested in personal experiences and observations of their reality and effectiveness.

I would appreciate information on how I might be able to contact "Christians" who have knowledge or experience in healing by either means.

Respectfully Yours
And His
Cliff

Dear Cliff,

Hope to contribute something to your thread.

The term "Healing" covers a lot of different situations. Healings can be spiritual, physical, demonic, creative. Which one or all?
>
Spiritual healings - concern the repair of the spirit - say in the case of betrayal - a very severe spiritual injury.
>
Physical - just that - a repair or replacement of body parts. I have heard of people who have claimed to have seen angels replace body parts of those in need.
>
Demonic - these are ailments that are caused by evil spirits. Taking authority over them causes the problem to cease. (Or sometimes they will move to other locations - a real tip off.)
>
Creative - the actual visible creation of limbs or body parts. Common in the 70's was the lengthening of legs. One meeting we were to there was a young boy who had his leg lengthened by about 4 inches. T L Osborn has a testimony on video of such a case.
>
Did I forget anything?
Personally, my most significant "healing" was from chronic chest pain. It began mildly back in the 70's and increased over a period of a year. It appeared mostly while resting and was causing loss of sleep. The doctor was treating me for acid reflux, but there was little improvement. There didn't seem to be any clinical reason for the pain. Doses of aspirin really helped get me to sleep.

I traveled a lot in my work and one night I was staying at a motel in Illinois and the pain had grown so great over the last month that I lie there trying to decide if I should get up and go to the emergency room at the local hospital or not. I knew that I was going to have to do something - and very soon.

My aspirin kicked in and I finally fell asleep. That night I had a dream. In this dream there were two demons - imps that were about 12" high and looked much like Boris on the Rocky show back then. They were both up close chopping on my chest with hatchets and each had a determined fixed grin on their face. I said to them as they continued -"Why are you doing this to me - I never did anything to you?" No answer - they just continued grinning and chopping with the sharp blades of their hatchets.

I was getting very angry and in the dream I rebuked them in the Lords name with a loud voice. They ran off and left me alone. My last view of them - they were following me afar off on the horizon. This made me aware that they were still stocking me and that I should guard against their return.

The next night the pain started coming back and I rebuked it again - this time audibly - while I was awake. It left and has never returned to this day.

It just never occurred to me that something that felt so clinical could actually be spiritual. This explains how Satan can heal people - mostly by withdrawing from what he has already caused. Satan doesn't normally oppose himself - unless he has something greater to gain from it. The best example of this was the fact that his millions of "Psychics" never uttered a single word about the coming 911 disaster. 911 was his crowning accomplishment in the underworld in 2001.

Larry II

Hi violet:)

Thanks for the scriptual referances. They will help.;)

Jasher,

My interest is in the phyisical healing of deseases and or disorders by means of God gifted abilities and or alternitive medicine.

I'm not interested in the tele-vangelist "big show" miracles or the Charismatic practices or exagrated claims, but the common grass roots (so to speak ) healers. Those who exercise their ability without all the hype. The ones who have or at least appear to have significant powers or abilities to bring about healing or releif from the suffering and or effects of a desease or disorder.
I'm not necessarily looking for the miracle cure but those things which help the healing process or releive pain and discorfort. Somehting that aids in making it possible for an individual to cope or become cured.

So far I have found that the emotional, spiritual and physical are all three very closely related. Generaly speaking, any successful healing in one sphere requires work in at least one of the other two.

Three things you brought up ,I find interesting and would like to further examine
Demonic healing. . . The aspect of communicating and removing demonic spirits and therefore releiving the individual of the problems they cause. This is an aspect that I had not concidered.

And in your testemony you relayed that you did some things that I as well have not yet concidered.
Healing or relieving ones self of a condition and the direct communication with and rebuke of demons.

If I may ask ? Do you believe that God cured this for you, give you the power to do it for yourself or that God was not involved as in you did it by and on your own? I will understand if you arn't willing to answer this in an open forum. If you would feel more comfortable speaking of this privately please PM me. Or if this is something you do not wish to discuss with me I understand.

A few times I have found myself rebuking Satan for what I felt he was doing in the life of a loved one.
My prayer has many times produced good results in the emotional and spirtual aspects of some individuals lives. But I believe that prayer of any believer can do as much.
I have also layed on hands and the person was physicaly healed. This only happened once and I attribute it all to God. I don't believe that I have any special gift.

Barnarenth,

Even Nazarenes believe in anointing with oil and laying on of hands, and they at least used to be an extremely conservative church. It's not at all like the ones you see on televangelists, but I've personally seen healing through both methods...and I've seen it NOT work more often than it did.

As far as alternative medicine...I've seen that too. In the end, I think a lot of it comes from the power of our own minds and faith to heal various afflictions. God created us with a marvelous body and mind, capable of great things. Though, when we take that mind and place it over God and seek power beyond him, we begin to step into the realms of witchcraft.
If you don't mind my asking? Have you concidered the possibility that the healings you have witnessd are the result of a shot gun approch? Like, if you shoot enough prayer at things sooner or later you'll hit one? Any thoughts on this?

I have a concern for making sure that no matter what we are getting benifit from that we are sure that we are seeking and getting it from God.
Like you, I feel that there is the possibility that not all we could do concerning this is right and proper.

Thanks a alot you all. I certianly appreciate your input.

Anyone else have comments on the use of prayer, herbs , accupuncture, theroputic massage, or any other alternitive medical proceedures or practices, good or bad.? Any one have personal experiences(good or bad) they would be willing to share concerning this topic? PMs are fine if you prefer not to speak in the open forum.
I Certianly would appreciate it.

Blessings in
His name
Cliff

Hi Cliff. I have no definite answer for you. I can tell you this- I am no one special but I have layed hands on folks and prayed the prayer of faith and have seen some miracles. I have seen bones in a injured back litterally move back into place and be healed. I have prayed and seen tumors completley removed. I have laid hands on some a seen thier pain go never to return. As I said before I am no one special and it is faith in God and His willingness to heal that brings these manifestations.
All those things being said- I have prayed for wonderful people and seen them receive the peace and joy that come with His presence only to leave this earth and go home to the Master. I have seen others who though afflicted radiate so much joy and Presence of God that it is truly amazing.
Why does God heal one and not another? One is instantly healed, one is healed thru time and process. One is given grace and walks thru his trial learning the strength that comes with dependance on our Holy God. One is called home to ultimate healing free from the sin and corruption this is an earthly life. Who decides? Ultimately God does and we must learn to trust Him, lean on Him and walk in absolute faith that our Father allways does what is best for us.
Your brother in Christ, Larry.

Brother Larry,

I appreciate the encouragement. However it is not for me that I ask these questions.
Perhaps I should explain.

For some time now I have been attending to a small group of seekers and believers. Mostly family, freinds and a few aquantances (Freinds of freinds and family)dropping by from time to time. This little fellowship has started to expand (probibly because of the season). Any way. . . The Lord has sent them to me seeking councel and guidence on differant issues.
It is through these people and their needs that God gives me my direction in respect to research and study.

The issue of healing has come up in the last weeks. Seing that there is a general misunderstanding as to what miracles and healing are and who does what and why in the process of it. I believe I have been called to study it.

I've found in many instances that there is little if any understanding of God in relationship healing and what those involved can/should do and expect. While I find this true of physical healing there is also almost no understanding in relationship to the spiritual, emotional and theological aspects of it either.
Deception, misunderstanding, confusion all lead to unrealistic expectations which cause hurt and disapointment.
With all the emphisis on miracles by the deceivers, the healing in time by process, God's grace, receiving the strenght to cope, the ability to endure, and by God's providence the overcoming in time of physical adversities is largely ignored.
That is a shame for many overlook God's blessings given by providence simply because they have been taught that God's only or greatest works only come by way of miracles and only through the charismatic displays of "special" people.
My personal experience has shown that in truth that the opposite is true.
Part of the reason I am working on this in this forum is to see what others have experienced. To gain insite, wisdom and or conformation if what I believe is true or not.
Also I need other perspectives and insite as to other aspects that I have not as of yet concidered.

All coments are welcome and sharing of experiences and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

sincerely
Cliff

Healing is the childrens bread spiritualy at rebirth, mentally as we renew our minds and believe God, physically as we are given grace. Death to the old man is one of the greatest healings any can receive. I will pray for wisdom for you and your study group.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]An interesting synopsis-[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The practice of inner healing is varied but inevitably involves encountering the truth of God and the presence of God in a secure atmosphere of loving and believing prayer. It is "in Spirit and in Truth".[/SIZE][/FONT]

Putting Memories At The Foot Of The Cross
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]In this technique the person places their painful material at the foot of the cross of Jesus and leaves it there for Christ to deal with.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Dealing With False Shame
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Most abiding shame is based in false understandings of God or of ourselves or the situation where the shame occurred. The counsellor helps the person to see the truth about their situation then prays through that situation with the person asking God to speak and reveal His truth to the client.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Breaking Of Curses And Occult Bondages.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Some emotional pain is due to spiritual factors such as: occult involvement, spiritual attack or ancestral practices, Masonic and other secret vows, deals with the Devil and curses. Poverty, mental illness, confusion and sharp intense "stabbing" psychic pain often accompany such situations. In these cases the occult origin of the psychic pain is dealt with and the human spirit healed of the damage that has been done to it. A prayer of renunciation of the occult and affirming Christ's power over curses is generally part of the proceedings. Click here for an entire article on curses and here for an article on the human spirit and the ills that can beset it.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Theophostics or Light Therapy[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]For a full article article on this highly effective therapy click here[/SIZE][/FONT] . [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Theophostics involves bathing the person in prayer, letting the Holy Spirit lead the person to a memory and then having Jesus speak the truth about that situation to the counsellee It is the direct Presence of Jesus Christ ministering, in spirit, His personal healing power. It has been highly beneficial both in my own life and the lives of many other people I know.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Summary[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Inner healing is part of Christ's redemptive work in our spirit and soul. For wounded and hurt people it can be a huge step forward in their Christian walk, enabling to relate to others, and even to God with greater clarity and without the static of emotional pain. There are quite afew effective and useful techniques that have been discovered, the best of these is, in my opinion, Theophostic counselling. Healing from emotional pain enables people to reda the Scriptures in a more balanced way and be less erratic in pursuing their sanctification. Inner healing is not a substitute ford iscipleship or holiness but can be useful "roadside medical attention" in the race called life.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]by John Edmiston
http://aibi.gospelcom.net/articles/healinnr.htm[/SIZE][/FONT]

I don't know if I can add to this thread or not because of all the excellant information, but here goes.
I'm not interested in the tele-vangelist "big show" miracles or the Charismatic practices or exagrated claims, but the common grass roots (so to speak ) healers. Those who exercise their ability without all the hype. The ones who have or at least appear to have significant powers or abilities to bring about healing or releif from the suffering and or effects of a desease or disorder.
I'm not necessarily looking for the miracle cure but those things which help the healing process or releive pain and discorfort. Somehting that aids in making it possible for an individual to cope or become cured.

First of all we should look at Jesus our healer. He is the one doing the work not the tv evangelists or others. I believe that it is our faith that determines the outcome of our healing. Like Violet quoted in the scripture of the laying on of hands and the annointing of oil by the elders of the church.... these are all steps in increasing our faith.

I don't agree with the way people go running to this meeting and that because we can be healed in our own homes. I can and I am sure a lot of members can testify to God's healing powers in their lives. We also have to be a willing and open vessel. We need to be in prayer and the word daily and not to just run to God when we have a physical or spiritual problem. We need to believe in our own heart that Jesus is going to heal us befor we ask others to pray for us.

There was one time where I was having a lot of knee pain and stiffening when walking. I tolerated it for a long time because I thought it was part of the aging process. One morning our pastor called people to the front who had physical problems. Well I sat in my seat for a while but felt the tugging of the Holy Spirit to go up. On the way there Holy Spirit said to me " DId you ask me ? .... all you have to do is ask " That evening the pain was gone. God is good all the time. I could tell you of so many times in my life.

The puzzling part for me has always been. That why do some people get healed and not others ? We have had some " on Fire" young people in our church , die. one had a brian tumour and he was only 22 yrs old and another young girl with cancer. These young people probably told more people about the Lord and were so effective in their service to the Lord. They believed that they would be healed and were so confident. The one girl had so much cancer pain but through it all still praised the Lord and never ever gave up. The only thing that I can think is they were a shining example in their youth and brought more people to the Lord and were a blessing to more people than in my lifetime and now they are with Jesus.... whole and praising Him

I too struggle with the aspect of why some people and not others are healed.
I lost a friend to breat cancer at 38 another at 42 and my best friends husband died last year of a congenital heart defect that left five young children fatherless.
Two of the three were faith filled Christians, the other a catholic.
My friend who lost her husband has said various things as to why God let it happen, but I still havent completely understood why God allowed these five kids to lose their dad, he lived for Jesus.
I can only imagine maybe God was saving him from something worse?
I truly have seen and heard of some wonderful healings and as I said I have seen others that havent been.
Could it be that there is an aspect of faith that some havent fully understand that steals their healing from them?
I dont know.
I do know God is good ,and that His will is for His people to be whole.

Back