Hear the Word of the Lord!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear the Word of the Lord!
As spoken through His modern-day phrophet.

"Thus says The Lord God,
to all peoples and nations..."

FREE at:
TrumpetCallofGodOnline.com

Hi! Who is the modern-day prophet?

:)

Behold, the harvest is separated!

All is ready, the door is shut.

If this is an example, then I do not need anymore as this one is very wrong.

ALL is not ready untill the last lost person that God has called to be saved, does in fact accept that call.

If you are referring to salvation by saying........"THE DOOR IS SHUT", then that is in error as well.

If this is an example, then I do not need anymore as this one is very wrong.

ALL is not ready untill the last lost person that God has called to be saved, does in fact accept that call.

If you are referring to salvation by saying........"THE DOOR IS SHUT", then that is in error as well.
Whilst I disagree with Major on the existance/relevance of prophets in the modern Church, I absolutely agree with him in this. A very good example of why we need to test prophecy - not everything that begins with the words "Thus saith the Lord" is actually from the Lord, and not everyone who uses those words is actually a prophet.

blessings,

Lynn

Flavio, I had no witness of the Spirit that this was of God. Reminded me of a book called 'God Calling' by The Two Listeners.. If I were you, I would steer clear of this site.

Whilst I disagree with Major on the existance/relevance of prophets in the modern Church, I absolutely agree with him in this. A very good example of why we need to test prophecy - not everything that begins with the words "Thus saith the Lord" is actually from the Lord, and not everyone who uses those words is actually a prophet.

blessings,

Lynn

But I still love you!!

I went to that link <shudder>. I won't go there again. There is not one single solitary prophet (excluding the 'messenger' definition of that word; i.e., witness, minister), on earth today. God is not revealing NEW information to anyone. The 66 books of the Bible are complete. We dare not proclaim that we are a spokesperson for God in the way of Paul, unveiling "mysteries," "secrets," as he had the authority to do. God forbid! Sorry, all those who say that "the Lord" appeared and spoke to them giving them a new revelation or told them something that the rest of us don't know, a "word of knowledge" and similar. If you say "thus saith the Lord" to me, you'd better be quoting scripture.

I went to that link <shudder>. I won't go there again. There is not one single solitary prophet (excluding the 'messenger' definition of that word; i.e., witness, minister), on earth today. God is not revealing NEW information to anyone. The 66 books of the Bible are complete. We dare not proclaim that we are a spokesperson for God in the way of Paul, unveiling "mysteries," "secrets," as he had the authority to do. God forbid! Sorry, all those who say that "the Lord" appeared and spoke to them giving them a new revelation or told them something that the rest of us don't know, a "word of knowledge" and similar. If you say "thus saith the Lord" to me, you'd better be quoting scripture.

Agreed!

I find it amazing that when some people claim God has given them a word of prophecy they always start with "Thus says the Lord" - Does the Holy Spirit speak to us in the KJV only? :D.

Be wise, there are many cults out there who claim the end is near and get people trapped in fear. I recently had the experience of one such person in my house and when I researched them, I found out he was actually the head of a satanic cult - the most amazing thing happened, when he entered my house the Holy Spirit warned both myself and my wife - his false preaching fell on deaf ears.

Two young Mormon men knocked on our door. I told them they could come in if I could share the Good News with them. Then they could have the floor. They agreed. Upon sitting down one of them said "Let's pray." I said "no, that is not part of our agreement. I don't know who you are praying to." At that point they began to expound on Mormon doctrine. I listened for maybe one minute, then told them to stop --- they were violating our agreement. They declined to stop. I showed them the door. Then I found a Mormon pamphlet lying on the stereo near the door. I followed them down the street and gave it back to them, stating "this was not part of our agreement." Case closed.

Two young Mormon men knocked on our door. I told them they could come in if I could share the Good News with them. Then they could have the floor. They agreed. Upon sitting down one of them said "Let's pray." I said "no, that is not part of our agreement. I don't know who you are praying to." At that point they began to expound on Mormon doctrine. I listened for maybe one minute, then told them to stop --- they were violating our agreement. They declined to stop. I showed them the door. Then I found a Mormon pamphlet lying on the stereo near the door. I followed them down the street and gave it back to them, stating "this was not part of our agreement." Case closed.

It's amazing to me that two different groups that call themselves Christian, can't sit down, and share their paths with each other. That there can't be open minds, and open hearts. Discussing with each other the similarities of their faiths, and building repor on that, instead of automatically going to the differences, and showing prejudice, and hostility. Come on People... God Is God... No matter what you call yourself, If you believe in God, and Jesus Christ, then what is the problem?

Because one group, interprets, The same bible, differently? You should rejoice that so many share their Belief in the Bible, in God, and your Lord Jesus Christ... Whatever happened to acceptance, love, and understanding?

Hi Cypress, You say "If you believe in God and Jesus Christ then what's the problem?" The problem is, that the LDS God and the Bible God are two entirely different Gods.

Note the following quote from the Mormon Journal of Discourses, vol. 1, page 123, made by the LDS Apostle Orson Hyde:

"Remember that God, our heavenly Father, was perhaps once a child, a mortal like we ourselves, and rose step by step in the scale of progress, in the school of advancement; has moved forward and overcome, until He has arrived at the point were He is."

Lorenzo Snow, late President of the Mormon church, made this statement in the second verse of his famous poem entitled, "Man's Destiny":

"As Abra'm, Isaac, Jacob, too, babes, then men--to gods they grew. As man now is, our God once was; As now God is, so man may be,-- Which doth unfold man's destiny. . ." Cooper Adams

LDS believe, that God was once man as we are and rose to the position of God .
Hers a few verses from God's word that say the opposite, there are many more:

Numbers 23:19, "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"

Psalms 102:26-27, "They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end."

Isaiah 43:10-11, "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour."

Isaiah 44:6, "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

Isaiah 44:8, "Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any."

Isaiah 45:21-22, "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else."

John 1:16-18, "And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

The Jesus of the bible and the LDS Jesus are not the same:
The LDS teach that Jesus was the brother of Lucifer and they were sons of this 'God' who was once man.

Do a search in the bible and see how many times Jesus is referred to as GOD'S ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.

And then we come to the greatest event in history: The death and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Satan's biggest defeat.

" Mormon's believe that salvation is dependant on faith, baptism,repentance and keeping the commands of God" What Mormon's think of Christ published by LDS.

Heres what God's word says.

Gal 2:16 Eph 2:8 Romans 5:18 Titus 3:5 John 3:16 that is a small sample pertaining to salvation being a free gift of God.

Cypress, As I said Christ's death and resurrection was Satan's greatest defeat. He knew that man could never get to God by his own works, and now God had given salvation to man as a free gift. All we have to do is trust Jesus,

Satan's ploy is to entice man to reject this free gift and substitute it for works. This he has done in most of the religions of today, including the LDS.

I have family in the LDS and it breaks my heart to see them trying to work their way to God instead of just trusting Jesus and nothing else, especially when one is so near his last days on this earth.

Because two types of people believe in the same Bible, and interpret it differently, doesn't make them wrong... They are wrong, because YOU, say they are. There is to be only ONE interpretation of the bible?

I feel that a person is free to interpret God, as they feel is best for them. Not, the way someone else tells them they should.
As long as they live Morally right, and have values that they live by, then I don't see the problem.

I believe in acceptance, in Love of the person, I open my heart and mind to who a person is. What they believe, is up to them, as long as our values are on par with each other.

I find it very humorous That you believe that other "Christian" beliefs are of Satan. It's a bit -- extreme, to cast out such a judgement on something that you don't fully understand. I know that you will sit, and tell me that you do... That you understand all religions. Unfortunetly, I fear that you don't. Such Bigeted views, and comments, only prove that you aren't familiar with anything other, than your own narrow views.

I'm not defending any religion, nor am I attacking any either. I am here to learn the views of Christians. I was raised one way, and now believe another. I am not really here to create any confrontation, or chaos. I just want to learn. However, when I read about such -- hatred, and closed minded views of the world, it's a bit frustrating. I appreciate the time that you have taken to show me your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back