Hearing From The Holy Spirit

Please share your experiences of hearing the Holy Spirit, it can only encourage those who think they do not hear from God to start listening more carefully.
Long before I was a christian, I was a Radio "ham". And back around 1959 or so, I was headed north around Boston on Rt. 128 Which was one of the few 6-lane "Freeways" at the time (now I-95). The speed limit was 55, and I was in the Left lane. There were four of us kids in my car heading for a "Hamvention" up in Waltham, MA.

There was a Blind curve to the Left, and as I approached it, the Holy Spirit impressed me to MOVE OVER. So I did, into the center lane.
Probably within 2 seconds a car came down THE WRONG WAY in the left lane at highway speed. The whole thing happened so fast that nobody else in the car even saw it (since they were all talking together). Obviously if I Hadn't moved over, that would have been my death, along with everybody else in both cars. A Head-on crash at a differential speed of 110 miles per hour, back before any "safety" equipment in cars, didn't leave any room for survival.

That wasn't the first time the Holy Spirit had "clued me", but unquestionably the most critically important, other than the "Holy Spirit Conviction of SIN and of Judgement" that finally resulted in my being Born Again in 1963.

LOL, I just read somewhere today a saying that said something like..."If you want to hear from God, read your Bible; if you want to hear audibly from God, read your Bible out loud". (cute)

Hello crossnote;

During my younger years, a couple of times I would hear God shout, "Bob!" when I was about to do something sinful or foolish. It worked and I walked away. 😎

Hi Kevin, I do believe and like your stories. But are sure it's the Holy Spirit that is speaking to you? And not someone else, like Father God, Jesus or an angel speaking to you through Him? Because scripture says that the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own authority.

John 16:13. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak, and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

I'm just curious.

Thank you, and God bless.
Hi Lowly Servant, I don't believe Kevin is still with us, the post you quoted was from 2012.

Back