Heaven

It will be the bomb SC! And the best part is eventually it will be right here!

We have an excellent starting point to understanding Heaven.

Jesus is going to resurect these very physical bodies we live in and he is going to heal them, make them incorruptable and immortal.
When it's all said and done, God is going to recreate this earth and make it the paradise He originally intended. Then He is going to relocate His throne from it's current location to the New Earth!! How awesome is that. Earth is going to be Heaven!

We are going to serve God by doing the things we were designed to do. We will live up to our full potential.
Those people who are gifted with talents in wood working, will work with wood and build things for the glory of God.
Those who are talented in gardening will plant gardens for the glory of God.
Those who are talented in music, will write/compose/play music for the glory of God!!
We will have an infinite eternity to develop our skills and abilities and even take up new hobbies, all for the glory of God.

I desire Gods Kingdom on earth so much! I want to see God, and talk to Him. I want to learn directly from Jesus.

I imagine that when Jesus returns and sets up His kingdom, He will give all His people land (the Jews of course will have all of Israel, as given from the beginning) but others will be given their own land all over the earth (the amount of land given to each of us I believe will be determined as part of our reward from the BEMA seat judgment) and it will be our job to work the land and cultivate it. We will have the ability to cultivate and build on our land.
I plan on building a house, and a large garden, and a huge picnic area where I can invite family and friends and Jesus over to have a Barbecue and play games, and we'll fellowship and have a great time! I also plan on building a golf course, a paintball field, and cultivating a wooded forrest area where I can take nature walks with Jesus.

The future is going to be awesome! It's going to be similar to what we know now, only without sin!! None of us have ever seen a world free of sin, but it's coming someday! I look forward to that day. Where we can enjoy all our relationships in purity, and we can enjoy the pleasures of this life in purity and worship God in purity.

I believe fulfilling our potential and doing what we were designed to do for the glory of God is the highest form of worship.

Tell me what you guys look forward to in heaven!

Mind of Christ

any idea,s to how good it will be?

All those in the faith "desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them" (Heb. 11:16).

Of course the paradox to that verse is Jesus saying, "the kingdom of God is within you" (Luke 17:21). When we are faithful in sincerity, in truth, in righteousness, every day brings its reward and the light of heaven shines upon us.

Yet, how can anyone be in heaven if the whole idea is one of "self concern" or some kind of "egocentric faith" to get there. Heaven is simply the everlasting fruit of knowing Jesus.

I believe the story of Moses shows us the real attitude of a sanctified believer, not concerned with self but others.

"And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--: and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou has written" (Exodus 32:31, 32).

Where did Moses get such an attitude of genuine AGAPE? "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree" (Gal. 3:13).

Oh what love and sacrifice! Christ, willing to forsake heaven for eternity that we may have the reward of heaven for eternity! Moses was willing to do the same.

These are valuable lessons to us. "Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself .... Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 2:3-5).

Accept only the mind of Christ.

John

All I desire is to be with God in His kingdom.
Thinking about eternity with Jesus really makes me realize the magnitude of the price He paid, just so I could be with Him. So we ALL could be with Him. What an awesome God He is!

We can read what is in the Bible about Heaven, but I don't believe we can truly vision the beauty and peace that is instore for us there.

Back