Heavy Metal

We talkin ACDC or armor plating?
Heavy Metal was born from the attitude of rebellion against authority. It got it's popularity, because it pushed the envelope. The more the band offended conservative and religious sensabilities, the more popular they were. Look at the two most popular heavy metal bands:Black Sabbath and Kiss. These two bands defined heavy metal in mid to late seventies. Their stage acts included biting the heads off of fake bats, dressing up as gargoyles or demons, and spitting fake blood into the audience. Their intentions may have been only to shock people to sell tickets(well Ozzy likes to claim He's the prince of darkness), but the origins are Satanic,regardless of what the bands members believe(d). The songs were about pure self indulgence and rebellion, and the antics of the bands when they werent on stage folowed right along with the songs they wrote. The only thing that has changed, is that these two bands, compared to modern "hardcore"( meaning "really nasty heavy metal") bands such as Slayer, Sepultura, or Slipnot, look like Barney the dinosaur.

How Come People Think HeavY Metal Is Evil

Hi Beloved child of the Lord...,

Is there a particular heavy metal song, whose lyrics are honoring the Lord?

Since I am not into there music, maybe there is...

I don't know what Nickleback is classified under but I like there song Savin me...

If it honors God it is acceptable to He who judges all hearts. If it is wordly it doesn't matter what instruments are playing God will not receive it. God judges on the heart- not your shoes, not your hair and not your sounds but what is inside you and what you are expressing to Him.

do you not see the satanic and occult symbolism they use? They all praise satan. And I am sure they prolly have subliminal messages in there as well.

A lot of Heavy Metal bands use shocking symbols to boost their rebellious appearance and to generally make them anti-establishment. That's not to say that the sound itself is satanic, but the bands in the past have gone through a great deal of trouble to tie themselves to evil....and now complain that everyone thinks they are evil.

Are we getting specific on bands now? I cannot confirm or deny what you are saying without a name. It is quit obvious that worldy bands will not glorify God (as stated above). That does not mean that type or style of music couldn't be used by an indivdual who wanted to compose worship.

I'm really referring to the early roots. Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, etc... They really went out of their way to appear satanic, and many even professed satan worship.

How Come People Think HeavY Metal Is Evil

Good Morning,:israel:

When you are babtised in the Holy Spirit, your taste in style of music will change... :)

As a beloved child of a unconditional love, forgiving and Father God, your focus in these things will turn to honor Him in Worship, or soak in His Presense...:jesus-sign:

I have seen many young people worship Jesus with music some here wouldn't like. Seeing them express their love for Christ and witnessing the impact it has had on their lives has blessed my soul. That being said my taste in lyrics has totally changed although my musical styles taste is as broad and inclusive as ever.

do you not see the satanic and occult symbolism they use? They all praise satan. And I am sure they prolly have subliminal messages in there as well.

Some do and those bands that do, should be avoided. On the other hand, there are Christian heavy metal bands, so I have to agree with Boanerges, God judges the heart, not the style of music.

If it honors God it is acceptable to He who judges all hearts. If it is wordly it doesn't matter what instruments are playing God will not receive it. God judges on the heart- not your shoes, not your hair and not your sounds but what is inside you and what you are expressing to Him.

We talkin ACDC or armor plating?
Heavy Metal was born from the attitude of rebellion against authority. It got it's popularity, because it pushed the envelope. The more the band offended conservative and religious sensabilities, the more popular they were.

The RELIGIOUS establishment NEEDS to be offended.

Someone asked for God edifying Lyrics...

Here are the lyrics from a favorite punk band....

O Lord, cause me to pray
O Lord, teach me what it means to obey

Cause me Lord to seek You Face
Know the wonder of Your grace
Lord, I want to truly say

You are God, You are my God
And You are holy, wholly my Lord
Holy, wholly my Lord

O Lord, cleanse me this day
O Lord, bring me in your presence to stay

Holy, wholly my Lord

O Lord, cause me to pray
O Lord, teach me what it means to obey

Holy, wholly my Lord

Holy, wholly my Lord
(2x)

Holy, wholly my Lord
Holy, wholly my Lord
Holy, wholly my Lord...

and another....

You´re so cool, only twenty-three
A rock ´n´ roll star´s what you wanna be
Can´t get a job, cuz your hair´s to your knees
Quit school, can´t spell priorities

Now´s the time, boy, for you to grow up
Better get hot, now, before He throws up
He´s a jealous God, and you´re not fair
Don´t sit and stare

Cut your hair
If your hair offends you
Cut your hair
I think you know just what to do
Cut your hair
Better to enter heaven bald
Cut your hair
Then enter hell and have it all

Don´t respect your elders, put ém on a shelf
The only thing you care about is yourself
Why throw away the cards you´re dealt
All your dreams of glory are going to melt

Don´t sit and stare

Cut your hair
If your hair offends you
Cut your hair
Cut your hair
Cut your hair

Haven´t moved in so long you are starting to mold
What will you do when you´re deaf and old
Now that your very soul has been sold

Don´t sit and stare

Cut your hair
If your hair offends you
Cut your hair
Cut your hair
Cut your hair

Don´t say "Jesus had long hair too!"
The problem´s not your hair, it´s your attitude
God´s not your King, your hair is the boss
Man, when was the last time you hung on a cross?

Cut your hair
If your hair offends you
Cut your hair
Cut your hair
Cut your hair

The style of these two songs is screamo punk. This means that the singer screams into the microphone when he sings. But he DOES sing to Jesus. The band is "One Bad Pig" The songs both come from an album called "I Scream Sunday".

Ignorence is why. Ignorence causes alot of things. Fear bing one of the big ones. Heavy Metal itself, in any form or by the way they sound is not evil. the evil is always the people. (VERY small minority, even in extreme music).

thing is, alot of the imagry and stuff, is just for shock. they do not believe in it, and i find no evil in the sound. (going with my heart on that and belief in god on that). [ you people may feel differently then i.]

the real question is, why ban our kids from listening to music like this, that has some deep, poetic value, yet let them listen to the generic Pop star that sings of sleeping with 20 people at once, or the rapper that says he popped many people on the street because they insulted his mum.

are you God,how do you know what people believe or don,t believe.every thing that is for the many has diffrent meanings you influence everyone.if you say for example,black hair in black clothes will save all,this would be opposite to the end.if you are used which most of us are then you influence a lot.

Back