Hebrew words for praise!

Hebrew words for praise!

Hebrew Words for :israel:praise:israel:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]1. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Halal[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Halal is a primary Hebrew root word for praise. Our word "hallelujah" comes from this base word. It means "to be clear, to shine, to boast, show, to rave, celebrate, to be clamorously foolish."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 113:1-3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Praise (halal) ye the Lord, praise (halal) o ye servants of the Lord, praise (halal) the name of the Lord.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 150:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Praise (halal) the Lord! Praise (halal) God in his sanctuary; Praise (halal) him in his mighty expanse.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 149:3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Let them praise (halal) his name in the dance: let them sing praises with the timbrel and harp.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2](Other references: 1Chr 2)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]2. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Yadah[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]2Chr 8:14[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ezra 3:10[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 22:22[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 63:5[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 69:30[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Yadah is a verb with a root meaning, "the extended hand, to throw out the hand, therefore to worship with extended hand." According to the Lexicon, the opposite meaning is "to bemoan, the wringing of the hands."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]2Chr 20:21[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Give thanks (yadah) to the Lord, for his lovingkindness is everlasting.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 63:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]So I will bless thee as long as I live; I will (yadah) lift up my hands in thy name.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 107:15[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Oh that men would praise (yadah) the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Other references:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Gen 49:8[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]2Chr 7:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Isa 12:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Jer 33:11[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]3. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Towdah[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Towdah comes from the same principle root word as yadah, but is used more specifically. Towdah literally means, "an extension of the hand in adoration, avowal, or acceptance." By way of application, it is apparent in the Psalms and elsewhere that it is used for thanking God for "things not yet received" as well as things already at hand.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 50:14[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Offer unto God praise (towdah) and pay thy vows unto the Most High.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 50:23[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Whoso offereth praise (towdah) glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]2Chr 29:31[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 42:4[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]4. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Shabach[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Shabach means, "to shout, to address in a loud tone, to command, to triumph."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 47:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]O clap your hands, all peoples; shout (shabach) to God with the voice of joy (or triumph).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 145:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]One generation shall praise (shabach) thy works to another and declare thy mighty acts.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Isa 12:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Cry aloud and shout (shabach) for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, For great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 63:1-4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps.117:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 35:27[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 106:47[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]5. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Barak[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Barak means "to kneel down, to bless God as an act of adoration."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 95:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]O come let us worship and bow down; let us kneel (barak) before the Lord our maker.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]1Chr 29:20[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Then David said to all the assembly, "Now bless (barak) the Lord your God." And all the assembly blessed (barak) the Lord, the God of their fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the Lord and to the king.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 34:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]I will bless (barak) the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Job 1:21[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 96:2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 103:1-2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 18:46[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]6. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Zamar[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Zamar means "to pluck the strings of an instrument, to sing, to praise; a musical word which is largely involved with joyful expressions of music with musical instruments.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 21:13[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Be exalted O Lord, in Thine own strength, so will we sing and praise (zamar) Thy power.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]1Chr 16:9[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Sing to Him, sing praises (zamar) to Him; speak of all His wonders.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 57:8-9[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Awake my glory; awake harp and lyre, I will awaken the dawn! I will give thanks to Thee, O Lord among the peoples; I will sing praises (zamar) to Thee among the nations.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 66:2-4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Isa 12:5[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 27:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 30:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]7. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Tehillah[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Tehillah is derived from the word halal and means "the singing of halals, to sing or to laud; perceived to involve music, especially singing; hymns of the Spirit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 22:3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Yet Thou art holy, O Thou who art enthroned upon the praises (tehillah) of Israel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 33:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Rejoice in the Lord, o ye righteous, for praise (tehillah) is comely for the upright.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Isa 61:3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]To grant to those who mourn in Zion, Giving them a garland instead of ashes, The oil of gladness instead of mourning, The mantle of praise (tehillah) instead of the spirit of fainting, So they shall be called oaks of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]1Chr 16:35[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]2Chr 20:22[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Deut 10:21[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Exod 15:11[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 147:1-2[/FONT]

SC- True there reading was from right to left but we can still do it left to right

JesusReignsForever- thanks for the article- I enjoyed reading it

I was thinking of starting a thread of the words for praise in Hebrew. Being fairly new here, I was trying to catch up on reading some of the old threads and came across this. So I won't do that after all, but will just bump this up for those who were not here years ago, who may find this interesting.

I love this! ENJOY!

Hebrew Words for :israel:praise:israel:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]1. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Halal[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Halal is a primary Hebrew root word for praise. Our word "hallelujah" comes from this base word. It means "to be clear, to shine, to boast, show, to rave, celebrate, to be clamorously foolish."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 113:1-3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Praise (halal) ye the Lord, praise (halal) o ye servants of the Lord, praise (halal) the name of the Lord.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 150:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Praise (halal) the Lord! Praise (halal) God in his sanctuary; Praise (halal) him in his mighty expanse.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Let them praise (halal) his name in the dance: let them sing praises with the timbrel and harp.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2](Other references: 1Chr 2)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]2. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Yadah[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]2Chr 8:14[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ezra 3:10[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 22:22[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 63:5[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 69:30[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Yadah is a verb with a root meaning, "the extended hand, to throw out the hand, therefore to worship with extended hand." According to the Lexicon, the opposite meaning is "to bemoan, the wringing of the hands."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Give thanks (yadah) to the Lord, for his lovingkindness is everlasting.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 63:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]So I will bless thee as long as I live; I will (yadah) lift up my hands in thy name.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 107:15[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Oh that men would praise (yadah) the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Gen 49:8[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]2Chr 7:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Isa 12:4[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]3. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Towdah[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Towdah comes from the same principle root word as yadah, but is used more specifically. Towdah literally means, "an extension of the hand in adoration, avowal, or acceptance." By way of application, it is apparent in the Psalms and elsewhere that it is used for thanking God for "things not yet received" as well as things already at hand.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 50:14[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Offer unto God praise (towdah) and pay thy vows unto the Most High.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 50:23[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Whoso offereth praise (towdah) glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]2Chr 29:31[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 42:4[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]4. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Shabach[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Shabach means, "to shout, to address in a loud tone, to command, to triumph."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 47:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]O clap your hands, all peoples; shout (shabach) to God with the voice of joy (or triumph).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 145:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]One generation shall praise (shabach) thy works to another and declare thy mighty acts.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Isa 12:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Cry aloud and shout (shabach) for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, For great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 63:1-4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps.117:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 35:27[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 106:47[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]5. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Barak[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Barak means "to kneel down, to bless God as an act of adoration."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 95:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]O come let us worship and bow down; let us kneel (barak) before the Lord our maker.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]1Chr 29:20[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Then David said to all the assembly, "Now bless (barak) the Lord your God." And all the assembly blessed (barak) the Lord, the God of their fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the Lord and to the king.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]I will bless (barak) the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Job 1:21[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 96:2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 103:1-2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 18:46[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]6. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Zamar[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Zamar means "to pluck the strings of an instrument, to sing, to praise; a musical word which is largely involved with joyful expressions of music with musical instruments.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 21:13[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Be exalted O Lord, in Thine own strength, so will we sing and praise (zamar) Thy power.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]1Chr 16:9[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Sing to Him, sing praises (zamar) to Him; speak of all His wonders.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 57:8-9[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Awake my glory; awake harp and lyre, I will awaken the dawn! I will give thanks to Thee, O Lord among the peoples; I will sing praises (zamar) to Thee among the nations.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 66:2-4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Isa 12:5[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 27:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 30:4[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]7. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Tehillah[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Tehillah is derived from the word halal and means "the singing of halals, to sing or to laud; perceived to involve music, especially singing; hymns of the Spirit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 22:3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Yet Thou art holy, O Thou who art enthroned upon the praises (tehillah) of Israel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 33:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Rejoice in the Lord, o ye righteous, for praise (tehillah) is comely for the upright.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Isa 61:3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]To grant to those who mourn in Zion, Giving them a garland instead of ashes, The oil of gladness instead of mourning, The mantle of praise (tehillah) instead of the spirit of fainting, So they shall be called oaks of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]1Chr 16:35[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]2Chr 20:22[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Deut 10:21[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Exod 15:11[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Ps 147:1-2[/FONT]

Back