Hell Can't Put Out the Light

In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men. And the Light shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it….

– John 1:4-5, The Amplified Bible

7CTLTGkDHAoiFIXiW2iVP6RGyp1vq-IfzkutAYHqXx4OWxZ8wyqU7eC6rybRy1Wu-ZrQAhSIz7thDLAJv0KLX1WMFvnJ1CGOGn9zfMoCwSXouI-MaJKWhfgCLWtvti0zx-tI=s0-d-e1-ft

Whenever things around you get dark and you feel the devil is about to overpower you, remember this: You have the Light of the world in you, and try as they may, all the forces of hell can’t put it out!

Even when you’re at your weakest, even when you feel like the light within you is small, the devil’s darkness is no match for you.

Let me show you what I mean. Imagine for a moment that you’re in a large auditorium that has no windows or doors to let in outside light. The place is so black you can’t see anything, not even your hand in front of your face. There’s nothing around you but complete darkness!

Now, imagine one little lightning bug flying around that auditorium. Every eye in there would turn toward it. As small as that little light is in comparison to the great darkness around it, you would still be able to see it. That massive blackness wouldn’t be able to do a thing to shut off that bug. Everywhere he flew, the darkness would just have to yield. It would always be dispelled by his light.

When the circumstances around you begin to get black and you’re tempted to despair, think about that lightning bug. Meditate on the fact that Jesus Christ, the Light of the world, is in you. When the revelation of that hits you, you’ll never again let the darkness back you into a corner. You’ll start chasing it down—overcoming it with your light!

7CTLTGkDHAoiFIXiW2iVP6RGyp1vq-IfzkutAYHqXx4OWxZ8wyqU7eC6rybRy1Wu-ZrQAhSIz7thDLAJv0KLX1WMFvnJ1CGOGn9zfMoCwSXouI-MaJKWhfgCLWtvti0zx-tI=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: Ephesians 5:8-16

© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men. And the Light shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it….

– John 1:4-5, The Amplified Bible

Whenever things around you get dark and you feel the devil is about to overpower you, remember this: You have the Light of the world in you, and try as they may, all the forces of hell can’t put it out!

Even when you’re at your weakest, even when you feel like the light within you is small, the devil’s darkness is no match for you.

Let me show you what I mean. Imagine for a moment that you’re in a large auditorium that has no windows or doors to let in outside light. The place is so black you can’t see anything, not even your hand in front of your face. There’s nothing around you but complete darkness!

Now, imagine one little lightning bug flying around that auditorium. Every eye in there would turn toward it. As small as that little light is in comparison to the great darkness around it, you would still be able to see it. That massive blackness wouldn’t be able to do a thing to shut off that bug. Everywhere he flew, the darkness would just have to yield. It would always be dispelled by his light.

When the circumstances around you begin to get black and you’re tempted to despair, think about that lightning bug. Meditate on the fact that Jesus Christ, the Light of the world, is in you. When the revelation of that hits you, you’ll never again let the darkness back you into a corner. You’ll start chasing it down—overcoming it with your light!

Scripture Reading: Ephesians 5:8-16

© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

Glad I read this. Thanks for sharing this.

Hello CTurtle;

You understand why they call it the The Amplified? It was my first ever Bible given to me and it took me 8 YEARS to finish! (The words in the Amplified are not few) lol!

I have questions that may reveal my guard being down. No matter how long we have been students of the Bible or doers of the Word,

Can the darkness ever be understood? I struggled with one of our leaders most of last week who wanted to speak with me. I prayed because I felt he had bad news for me. When we met Sunday before service we prayed and he told me the topic he wanted to discuss was about a vision he had for the good of the church. I confessed to him I struggled and speculated/assumed with this last week, we both were so busy we couldn't schedule a meeting. We both laughed it off but I felt so convicted inside.

Or, can the darkness overcome our faith and understand God's light? This verse hits home with me when a solid Christian man or woman flame out and let go of their faith. It is really heartbreaking and this verse always reminds me of that. When this happens it seems that the scriptures that presents God's deliverance of the darkness falls short with these "believers".

Does the darkness creep in even when we have our guard up?

I may have my own conclusions or understanding of this passage in John but its always good to continue learning from other readers of the Word.

God bless you and thank you, CTurtle.

Hello CTurtle;

You understand why they call it the The Amplified? It was my first ever Bible given to me and it took me 8 YEARS to finish! (The words in the Amplified are not few) lol!

I have questions that may reveal my guard being down. No matter how long we have been students of the Bible or doers of the Word,

Can the darkness ever be understood? I struggled with one of our leaders most of last week who wanted to speak with me. I prayed because I felt he had bad news for me. When we met Sunday before service we prayed and he told me the topic he wanted to discuss was about a vision he had for the good of the church. I confessed to him I struggled and speculated/assumed with this last week, we both were so busy we couldn't schedule a meeting. We both laughed it off but I felt so convicted inside.

Or, can the darkness overcome our faith and understand God's light? This verse hits home with me when a solid Christian man or woman flame out and let go of their faith. It is really heartbreaking and this verse always reminds me of that. When this happens it seems that the scriptures that presents God's deliverance of the darkness falls short with these "believers".

Does the darkness creep in even when we have our guard up?

I may have my own conclusions or understanding of this passage in John but its always good to continue learning from other readers of the Word.

God bless you and thank you, CTurtle.

Thanks so much for the simile I got about the amplified... that was good for sure! And something I need more of :)

As I read what you wrote... the first thing that illuminates is thoughts and taking them captive. For they either produce fear or faith, depends upon what we meditate upon.

Yes I do believe that one can have darkness creap in on us when we are on guard. The Bible says that satan comes disguised as an angel of light. And if we (take your example) meditate on thoughts of fear or dread, we are allowing what the enemy whispered in our ear to become our reality and manifest in our life (causing anxiety)

If you could have said no I refuse to fear any bad news... and then put all your cares onto God.. (knowing that He cares for you).. you my have had to do that a few more times but would not have to felt conviction, or fell prey to the enemy's trickery brought about to throw you off your game and contaminate your faith.

It's a process and takes practice and fighting the good fight of faith... learning to hang onto peace and not fear.

The darkness can overcome ones faith if we allow it to. We have to choose wht to meditate on... faith and light or fear and darkness.

We can ask and learn how the enemy tries to trick us and trip us up... so yes I think that darkness can be understood.

God bless you brother. We all love you very much

Just wanted to thank you again bobinfaith for the questions... it brought forth an answer that has ministered to me as well. You and CoffeeDrinker and button along with FCJ are helping God to remind me to keep fighting the good fight of faith and keep my focus on Him and His ways and Word.

Blessings to you

Back