Hello, A Lil Help?

Grace is not unmerited favor...God's Grace is so much more than that! There is a reason that we are saved by Grace...it is the power of God to those who believe :). It is the Holy Spirit! It is a free gift. The Comforter, a a helper in a time of need( especially overcoming sin and the devils temptations). I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. The gospel of Grace is the most beautiful thing you can ever imagine! We are to be good stewards. We are not to grieve the Holy Spirit by which we are sealed until the day of our redemption, We are to grow in Grace and the knowledge of our Lord. No man can call Jesus Lord but by the Holy Spirit...the list is endless..study the Bible and apply the Holy Spirit to every verse that talks about Grace and the Word of God will come alive. Grace is a promise and our keeper:
Yes, that's what I believe in. But I still believe grace is unmerited favor. But it is much more. It's a gift. Just because we have the gift of grace doesn't mean that you continue to sin.

I never said "continue to sin." You shouldn't.

Just because I said ONE thing about grace doesn't mean that I"m wrong. Grace IS God's unmerited favor. But I"m not saying it's not more. There is MUCH more to grace than that.

You saying that grace is NOT God's unmerited favor is wrong. Doesn't Romans say, "It is through Him that we have received grace (God's unmerited favor) and [our] apostleship to promote obedience to the faith and make disciples for His name's sake among all the nations." Romans 1:5 (AMP)

Anyways, I"m not debating. I know what grace is.

Yes, that's what I believe in. But I still believe grace is unmerited favor. But it is much more. It's a gift. Just because we have the gift of grace doesn't mean that you continue to sin.

I never said "continue to sin." You shouldn't.

Just because I said ONE thing about grace doesn't mean that I"m wrong. Grace IS God's unmerited favor. But I"m not saying it's not more. There is MUCH more to grace than that.

You saying that grace is NOT God's unmerited favor is wrong. Doesn't Romans say, "It is through Him that we have received grace (God's unmerited favor) and [our] apostleship to promote obedience to the faith and make disciples for His name's sake among all the nations." Romans 1:5 (AMP)

Anyways, I"m not debating. I know what grace is.

I'm sorry, but Grace is not unmerited favor...Grace is the Holy Spirit. Grace is given to those who humble themselves ...

Jas 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Grace is given to those who obey God's Word:

Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

As for the word 'grace' in Romans 1:5...

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

The definition of Grace is not unmerited favor:

It is the Greek word charis:

G5485
χάρις
charis
khar'-ece

From G5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude): - acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace (-ious), joy liberality, pleasure, thank (-s, -worthy).

If you have Grace in your heart, He will be reflected in the changed life you take on
(that is why you become a new creature)

You must repent of sin, but overcoming the enemy is only done by the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the way. Only He can set you free...

Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Joh 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

You can't beat Satan on your own...you must have the Holy Spirit- the free gift from God:

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts though the Holy Spirit:

Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us

This is why we are justified by Grace:

Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

If you walk around thinking that Grace is 'unmerited favor' you are in big trouble. No where can you find the word 'unmerited' or an example of 'unmerited favor' in the New Testament. If you are reading some of the newer versions of the Bible, they try to use Grace in this way.

Grace is a gift from above and there are diverse gifts of the spirit:

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

That is why grace is 'manifold' which means differing...that is also why we are 'stewards' or carriers of Grace

1Pe 4:10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

I could give you two hundred plus pages of scripture showing that Grace is the Holy Spirit. Please don't fall for the tricks of the enemy..

Grace is the power of God unto salvation for those of us who believe:

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Compare 1:5 peter with Ephesians 2:8

1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

May your heart be established by Grace...

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

With Love,
The Town Crier

My belief is that grace is a 'gift' , therefore we can do nothing to earn it. It is freely given by God to every one of us.

Ephesians 4:7 ... "But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ." (KJV)

Grace was freely given to us through Christ who died for us all; not just for the humble.

Grace is a gift given to us by God's power.

Ephesians 3:7 ... "Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of His power." (KJV)

I'm sorry, but Grace is not unmerited favor...Grace is the Holy Spirit. Grace is given to those who humble themselves ...

Jas 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Grace is given to those who obey God's Word:

Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

As for the word 'grace' in Romans 1:5...

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

The definition of Grace is not unmerited favor:

It is the Greek word charis:

G5485
χάρις
charis
khar'-ece

From G5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude): - acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace (-ious), joy liberality, pleasure, thank (-s, -worthy).

If you have Grace in your heart, He will be reflected in the changed life you take on
(that is why you become a new creature)

You must repent of sin, but overcoming the enemy is only done by the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the way. Only He can set you free...

Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Joh 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

You can't beat Satan on your own...you must have the Holy Spirit- the free gift from God:

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts though the Holy Spirit:

Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us

This is why we are justified by Grace:

Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

If you walk around thinking that Grace is 'unmerited favor' you are in big trouble. No where can you find the word 'unmerited' or an example of 'unmerited favor' in the New Testament. If you are reading some of the newer versions of the Bible, they try to use Grace in this way.

Grace is a gift from above and there are diverse gifts of the spirit:

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

That is why grace is 'manifold' which means differing...that is also why we are 'stewards' or carriers of Grace

1Pe 4:10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

I could give you two hundred plus pages of scripture showing that Grace is the Holy Spirit. Please don't fall for the tricks of the enemy..

Grace is the power of God unto salvation for those of us who believe:

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Compare 1:5 peter with Ephesians 2:8

1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

May your heart be established by Grace...

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

With Love,
The Town Crier
And I'm not disagreeing with you. Yes! I agree with everything you are saying! I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying. Grace has many parts to it. But I"m not going to keep repeating what I believe over and over, because it's not going to be heard. I believe what I believe, and I believe. And I agree with what you are saying. Grace is a small word, but has many things to it.

WHen I say unmerited favor, I"m not saying that we don't grow and to stop seeking God. NO. His grace is sufficient. We are not to continue to keep sinning. When people say, "Oh, because of his unmerited favor, we can continue to sin because He'll forgive us." That's NOT what I'm saying. I disagree with that. When I talk about unmerited favor, I"m talking about how He gives us things that we do NOT deserve. For example, none of us deserve heaven. But, I have it. Why? Because of His grace. That is ALL that I'm saying. Please hear me out.

Back