Hello, Every True Christian And Every False One

I NEED TO BE ABLE TO DISTINGUISH THE FALSE CHRISTIANS FROM THE TRUE ONE, I HOPE TO BE HELP IN THIS SITE

The Sunday School answer is to read Galatians 5:
"19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another." (NASB)

Hi actor. I cannot claim to be an authority on this topic but my heart fails me when I see people who call themselves christian that hate their neighbor when the master so many times told us to love one another. I don't believe he meant only Christians to other Christians but to everyone. I joked a little about this with my mother today when I said it is easy to love our neighbors since we have such good ones where I live. But I know that is not what the standard the master gave to us when he explained that even sinners love those who love them. God help my soul if I should ever lose my love for his children.

I was reading a thread segment with this topic in it on another site not too long ago and they brought up the no true scotsman principle into it. I was wondering if I said I was a Scotsman and someone said you have to be born in Scotland to qualify, could I not counter that it was an example of the no true Scotsman rhetorical failure. After all indeed my name is Scott and I am a man....

No doubt you've realized by now that I'm not great at rhetoric.

Back