Hello everyone!

Hello everyone!

I'm a 32 year old former cell biologist, and science teacher.

I've been a Christian for most of my life, I can't judge others but in my opinion I was headed for those wide gates at about 90 mph. I've always read the Bible, prayed, and even in the most odd times spread the word. Sometimes I had a cig. hanging out of my mouth, telling a coworker that God loves him even if he doesen't believe, or in one scary moment with my wife I had to prove to a guy I wasn't somebody he had issues with in prison, 10 sec.'s later I was telling him about the Lord.

BUT there was one big issue, I hadn't taken that next step, and turned my back on sin and commit my full LIFE and actions to the Lord. I prayed for it to happen many nights and days, and I found myself moving forward only to take one huge leap back. I understood we couldn't serve 2 masters(alcohol), but I was blind, and pride filled.

On 3-9-08, I stood in church and listened to the story of Jesus passing by the blind beggar who called out for Jesus to heal him. For lack of any better words, I called out also for the Lord, with my broken pride, broken heart, and I repented. I turned my back on who I was and he took my life and my will for His. I'm happier now than I have ever been, I crave the Word like never before, my life has changed, I was reborn. I cry every time I tell this story, which isn't like me at all.

THANK YOU LORD! My life, my heart, my will is yours.

What a great testimony Tyler! It is great to have you here and I look forward to reading your posts.

Yes, Tyler, blessings to ya! It's great to have that feeling of wanting more of God. Keep feeding yourself and renewing your mind! I don't know why, but I share your hunger to know more of Him. It is hard to make others understand sometimes, especially your family. You just want everyone to have that same desire as you. And, with prayer, it will come. I think we are in the last days and it's either "all the way," or "no way!"

I'm busy taking all the steps necessary to keep that fresh new-born feeling within me so I can share with others. One of them is to keep feeding on His Word. Another is to keep reading and learning on this forum. Even if you think you know everything, there are always things the Lord wants you to learn.

There are always things I'm being led away from by the Holy Spirit and God is leading me closer everyday. The time is short I think and I'm glad you were drawn back to Him.

welcome2520smiley2520twinks.gif
To the forum, Tyler! We are so glad you are here! This is a great place, with lots of love and grace!
That was an awesome testimony! What a glorious God we serve, huh?

Back