Hello Everyone..

Hello brothers and sisters in Christ. Were can I start? lol The world has so much distractions it's easy to go off track when you're in the faith. A few years ago I stopped watching television because there were so many distracting programs that I used to like a lot but they took up too much of my time and became productivity killers. I may watch from time to time but it's usually no more than 30 minutes to an hour on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. So while that was good for me because it gave me more time to research and study, recently I've been finding myself getting too caught up in other sites on the internet. Mostly social, video, news, and journalism blogs. I read comments, share a good word and so forth where I can but some of the things I read grieves me. Like the television, it seems I get a bit carried away to the point where I might have it in mind to read but end up surfing to the point I look back and wonder where time went. Furthermore, from time to time I ask myself if I accomplished anything in that space of time, sharing a testimony, a good word, scriptures, etc and the answer is no. So I'm looking to minimize that as much as I can and stay on sites like this. Sites that can keep me encouraged to stay in the scriptures and continue to study. I've already installed k9 firewall and set up times to limit when I can and can't surf throughout the week.

So I'm hoping that by signing up here I can continue to grow, stay on the straight and narrow, limit opportunity for distractions, learn, and share where I can. The folks here seem very friendly and warm. The site is laid out really nice I must say. Looking forward to learning and sharing ideas with you all and growing in the faith. Blessings to you all.

Hello brothers and sisters in Christ. Were can I start? lol The world has so much distractions it's easy to go off track when you're in the faith. A few years ago I stopped watching television because there were so many distracting programs that I used to like a lot but they took up too much of my time and became productivity killers. I may watch from time to time but it's usually no more than 30 minutes to an hour on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. So while that was good for me because it gave me more time to research and study, recently I've been finding myself getting too caught up in other sites on the internet. Mostly social, video, news, and journalism blogs. I read comments, share a good word and so forth where I can but some of the things I read grieves me. Like the television, it seems I get a bit carried away to the point where I might have it in mind to read but end up surfing to the point I look back and wonder where time went. Furthermore, from time to time I ask myself if I accomplished anything in that space of time, sharing a testimony, a good word, scriptures, etc and the answer is no. So I'm looking to minimize that as much as I can and stay on sites like this. Sites that can keep me encouraged to stay in the scriptures and continue to study. I've already installed k9 firewall and set up times to limit when I can and can't surf throughout the week.

So I'm hoping that by signing up here I can continue to grow, stay on the straight and narrow, limit opportunity for distractions, learn, and share where I can. The folks here seem very friendly and warm. The site is laid out really nice I must say. Looking forward to learning and sharing ideas with you all and growing in the faith. Blessings to you all.
Seems like you are pretty disciplined! I give you kudos!

Welcome to the site!

Back