Hello, I'm a new member!

Hello, I'm a new member!

Hi my name is Heather. I'm a 28 and married for 4 years to my wonderful husband. I am a nurse practitioner who is out of work currently. I was working up until a little over a year ago when severe depression paralyzed my life.

I did not grow up in a church home. I occasionally went with an aunt to a Methodist church. My aunt had me say the words that would save me, but I didn't know their significance or understand what I was doing. In 2001, my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time), and I started going to a local Baptist church. We really enjoyed our time there. We were saved, but never got around to being baptized. I at that time didn't follow the teaching and didn't get into the Bible like I should have.

I recently realized that only through God's help, will I be able to get through this depression, and get back to living a proper life. I have a Bible that helps explain some of the things I am reading. I feel so much more at peace when I'm reading and praying. Since I am almost always at home, I find myself praying a lot throughout the day. I wanted to find a place like this on the internet to share the Lord's word. I want to find fellowship among believers, and this looks like the place. I went to another forum, and it was full of people bickering about their ideas. I see that it is not tolerated here, and that is so reassuring to me. I just want fellowship, which I think I can find here.

I am going to start looking for a church home, so that I may find local fellowship as well. I want to understand the Bible better, and hopefully will find a church that can help me with that. My problem is that I don't know what denomination to go to. I guess the best way is to just go to different churches, and see what the Holy Spirit tells me is right.

I'm glad to be here, and can't wait to talk more with you all. God Bless you all!

Hi, Heather - Welcome to CFS. We are very happy that you found our Christian family here and we believe that you will feel at home.

My family and I use Interstate-65 several times each year on our way to and from our southern Chapel command post in Baldwin County, so we are quite familiar with your general location. Hurricane Ivan destroyed our Orange Beach Chapel venue in 2004, so we are using a leased property for the time being.

I have a couple places for you to check out since you are looking for a church.

These are non-denominational and perhaps one will meet your needs for study and fellowshipping:

Believers Fellowship Full Gospel Church
2815 6th Ave Sw

and
s.gif

Spiritual Life Worship Center
803 Randolph Ave.

Again, welcome and blessings to you.

`

Hi Heather, I'm so happy you found our forum!

This is a fantastic Christian forum, filled with wonderful Christians from whom I've learned so much!

I believe you'll love it here.

After you've been here for a little while and have 100 posts, please join our "Women Who Care" forum...we'd love to have you.

So jump right in! We look forward to fellowship with you!

Blessings, Cheri

33-9.gif

godbe4me-albums-welcome-picture748-welcome281.gif
to CFS. We are glad that you decided to join us. God is with you my sister and He will never leave us or forsake us. Stay in prayer and we will pray with you. Please look through the social group link that our brother Hrt4christ attached on his welcome to you. Let God guide your selection and start growing in the Lord. We look forward to hearing from you.

God bless,

Godbe4me

A big, big

welcome6.gif

to you, Heather! I hope you will truly find that CFS can be your Spiritual home.

Great to hear from faith that she's feeling good about the forum.

Incidentally, CFS is the best that I've found on the Internet!

Love and blessings!

- BM

Back