Hello & Looking To Learn

Hello everyone, I am new here. My name is Katie and I am looking to learn more about Christianity and what it means to have Faith. I consider myself an agnostic, but was raised Catholic. I am hoping to gain some insights and knowledge to help me make a decision regarding my beliefs.

I have started a blog documenting my experiences reading the Bible for the first time and any insight I gain. I would love it if you check it out: tentativeagnostic.blogspot.com

In addition to just reading, I hope to talk with others of Faith who can tell me what it means to them to be Christian, including the part it plays in their life and also discuss the meaning and message of the passages I read in the Bible. I hope to have many positive conversations and educating experiences! If there are any parts of the forums with good discussions, I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

Hello everyone, I am new here. My name is Katie and I am looking to learn more about Christianity and what it means to have Faith. I consider myself an agnostic, but was raised Catholic. I am hoping to gain some insights and knowledge to help me make a decision regarding my beliefs.

I have started a blog documenting my experiences reading the Bible for the first time and any insight I gain. I would love it if you check it out: tentativeagnostic.blogspot.com

In addition to just reading, I hope to talk with others of Faith who can tell me what it means to them to be Christian, including the part it plays in their life and also discuss the meaning and message of the passages I read in the Bible. I hope to have many positive conversations and educating experiences! If there are any parts of the forums with good discussions, I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!
Welcome, Katie! That's my name as well :)

Would love to help ya out! :)

Hi Katie! :)

My name is Peter and I was also raised in the Catholic Chuch. I have also done some exploring and was once a practising Buddhist. I have never thought of myself as an atheist, but my Christian faith has lain dormant and unused for a certain period of time. I consider my faith to be a gift from God and not something I earned nor gathered myself.

Hello, I am new here too, since my words are feeble; God left this note for you:

...God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them... And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. ...Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I am the way, the truth and the life.

Love

Jesus the Christ-Son of the Living God

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
But God commandeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

With Love,

Paul-Apostle to the Gentiles

Back