Hello Online Brothers and Sisters

Greetings to all my new brothers and sisters.

I just read a thread I believe started by Egraine about people posting here and never coming back. Hopefully I won't be one of those people but I admit I am new to Christian Forums and I am looking for a home or two online. I like what I have seen here so far and hope this will be a new online home for me.

I am looking for thoughtful and hopefully lively discussions on theology and doctrine, preferably done in a very encouraging way from all participants.

A little bit about my current status. I have felt called for several years that I should be working full time in the Lord's service. I have been making excuses for years as to why that is not viable yet; not ignoring it but continually putting it off. I have finally taken the plunge, quit my corporate job and I am looking for full time mission. Right now I have no idea what that looks like or what I need to do to get there. I have some ideas of what I would like to do but don't feel that I have a full and complete direction from the spirit (or at least not direction that I have been able to discern). I am looking for a mission for both my wife and I; we still have a 16 year old daughter at home with us. Currently what we are looking into is what it will take to become house parents for a boys/girls home of some kind.

Our preference is to work within a Christian organization but would be open to any non-profit where we would be able to witness and testify for the Lord.

Our Church background is Church of Christ but we are open to other denominations, the Spirit leads us in many different ways, there were many voices on the day of Pentecost.

If you are taking time to read this, thank you very much and I look forward to lively and open conversation.

In Christ,

HeIsOnFirst

Welcome To Cfs HeIsOnFirst

As we ask of all new memers,
Please look over the Following and Familiarize yourself with them, this will help you to have a safe and joyful time here in the forum.

Again this is just forum procedure and nothing else.

1. Forum Policies and Procedures
2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.

If you have any questions or issues with the forum, please feel free to contact a moderator or helper and we will do what we can to help.

Again Welcome to cfs
Blessings
FCJ

welcome-smilies.gif

to CFS HeIsOnFirst.

We are glad you joined and look forward to fellowship with you...

Greetings to all my new brothers and sisters.

I just read a thread I believe started by Egraine about people posting here and never coming back. Hopefully I won't be one of those people but I admit I am new to Christian Forums and I am looking for a home or two online. I like what I have seen here so far and hope this will be a new online home for me.

I am looking for thoughtful and hopefully lively discussions on theology and doctrine, preferably done in a very encouraging way from all participants.

A little bit about my current status. I have felt called for several years that I should be working full time in the Lord's service. I have been making excuses for years as to why that is not viable yet; not ignoring it but continually putting it off. I have finally taken the plunge, quit my corporate job and I am looking for full time mission. Right now I have no idea what that looks like or what I need to do to get there. I have some ideas of what I would like to do but don't feel that I have a full and complete direction from the spirit (or at least not direction that I have been able to discern). I am looking for a mission for both my wife and I; we still have a 16 year old daughter at home with us. Currently what we are looking into is what it will take to become house parents for a boys/girls home of some kind.

Our preference is to work within a Christian organization but would be open to any non-profit where we would be able to witness and testify for the Lord.

Our Church background is Church of Christ but we are open to other denominations, the Spirit leads us in many different ways, there were many voices on the day of Pentecost.

If you are taking time to read this, thank you very much and I look forward to lively and open conversation.

In Christ,

HeIsOnFirst

Hello HeIsOnFirst;

Welcome! We hope to share more with you about Jesus in the coming days. Many brothers and sisters share your heart and your introduction is a good start. As we share our vision and hopes to serve in various ministries should encourage you.

We look forward t fellowship with you.

God bless you, HeIsOnFirst, and your family.

View attachment 3009
Welcome to cfs.

Glad you could join us.

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance

Cturtle,

I can see already that you are probably going to get me more than most.

Since you have already noticed where part of the inspiration for my name came from, here is a little more sharing... below is a post I placed when I started my blog years ago. A blog I hope to add more entries to on a much more regular basis now.

I intend to use this site as somewhat of a daily journal. I named the site He Is On First; referring to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Some of you will catch the reference to the classic Abbott and Costello dialogue of Who's on First? This is both a clue to my sense of humor and to the way I feel in this world so often. It is not uncommon for us to get so caught up in what we think we know, we fail to hear (or see) the answer that has been so plainly provided for us.

Imagine Abbott and Costello's classic Who's on First? dialogue, slightly changed (for those of you not familiar with the classic comedy bit it will be provided in a later post). Imagine if the answer to the question who's on first? was Jesus Christ. The rest of the dialogue stays the same. Most of you are going to say well that's ridiculous, that changes the whole thing, you can't keep it going. The problem is, so much of our society keeps it going. We are constantly searching for the answer and even when the answer is given to us we don't understand it and/or simply don't accept. Even people who witnessed many of Jesus' miracles did not accept him as the Messiah, so it is really no surprise we miss his truth today.

Cturtle,

Since you have already noticed where part of the inspiration for my name came from, here is a little more sharing... below is a post I placed when I started my blog years ago. A blog I hope to add more entries to on a much more regular basis now.

I intend to use this site as somewhat of a daily journal. I named the site He Is On First; referring to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Some of you will catch the reference to the classic Abbott and Costello dialogue of Who's on First? This is both a clue to my sense of humor and to the way I feel in this world so often. It is not uncommon for us to get so caught up in what we think we know, we fail to hear (or see) the answer that has been so plainly provided for us.

Imagine Abbott and Costello's classic Who's on First? dialogue, slightly changed (for those of you not familiar with the classic comedy bit it will be provided in a later post). Imagine if the answer to the question who's on first? was Jesus Christ. The rest of the dialogue stays the same. Most of you are going to say well that's ridiculous, that changes the whole thing, you can't keep it going. The problem is, so much of our society keeps it going. We are constantly searching for the answer and even when the answer is given to us we don't understand it and/or simply don't accept. Even people who witnessed many of Jesus' miracles did not accept him as the Messiah, so it is really no surprise we miss his truth today.

Lol.. I cheated... I read your blog and had the idea of making you a welcome picture that would bless you. It was God's idea really... For which I'm grateful for :) and so glad it blessed you.

Blessings to you our new friend... Jim and I surely look forward to fellowshipping with you :)

Cturtle,

Abbott and Costello and their jokes and movies were very popular when I was growing up. I do remember the "Who's on first?" routine they did. Thanks for sharing and welcome aboard CFS! :)

View attachment 3018

ive never watched abbot and Costello. But look hey, they do seem fun...and quite cheeky, in a good way

Top of the day to you

They are definitely Old School, Vaudeville style. It's kind of like British Humor, not everyone gets it or enjoys it. Personally, even though it's before my time, I love the classics, Chaplin, Buster, Abbot and Costello, Laurel and Hardy.... the list goes on and on and not just comedy. My wife won't even look at something in black and white, I love so much of that.

They are definitely Old School, Vaudeville style. It's kind of like British Humor, not everyone gets it or enjoys it. Personally, even though it's before my time, I love the classics, Chaplin, Buster, Abbot and Costello, Laurel and Hardy.... the list goes on and on and not just comedy. My wife won't even look at something in black and white, I love so much of that.

Hey bring back old sckoo then . If we got taught that in Sunday school I'd go!!
Make it fun I say!

View attachment 3018

ive never watched abbot and Costello. But look hey, they do seem fun...and quite cheeky, in a good way

Top of the day to you

All these photos crack me up - the smiling bouncing faces, the "beary" waving at us lol! Abbott and Costello, and...who's the serious chap? This made my day!

When I read "Top of the day" and "British Humor" it reminded me of a TV show on the BBC in England called "Top Of The Pops" (kind of like American Bandstand) when I lived there as a boy.

HeIsOnFirst, look at good fellowship your name and introduction brought to CFS.

God bless you and thanks for the laugh!

All these photos crack me up - the smiling bouncing faces, the "beary" waving at us lol! Abbott and Costello, and...who's the serious chap? This made my day!
It's Tony Hancock.dru British know it all comic from the 50's

When I read "Top of the day" and "British Humor" it reminded me of a TV show on the BBC in England called "Top Of The Pops" (kind of like American Bandstand) when I lived there as a boy.

Post some clips of American bandstand if you can, i don't know much of American pop shows
HeIsOnFirst, look at good fellowship your name and introduction brought to CFS.

He's on a roll...

God bless you and thanks for the laugh!

Your welcome

Back