Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

My name is Aaron but you call me Padelford.

I'm trying to boost my faith but I don't know were to begin. If you could help it would be awsome. I go to a great place called Common Ground. It is a Christian church and is the best one I have been to yet. I help out with the computer stuff on the last 2 weeks of every month starting this week. I used to help out every week but they got another kid who is really cool. I also go to youth group every Wednesday.

I recently broke up with a Girl who I loved very much and am saddend because of that.

My favorite song is Grace Like Rain Tod Agnew.

Ps: If this is posted in the wrong forum please tell me. I don't know exactly were to post it.

Padelford,

There are many ways to work at increasing your faith. One real good way is to read and study the bible more. Another is to talk and be with those who have a strong faith. And still another is to drop Harry Potter.
I have a few questions for you.(If you don't mind)

What do you think faith is?

Who told you that your faith needed a boost?

What ways do you think you might be able to make your faith better?

Sincerely His
And yours
Cliff

One real good way is to read and study the bible more.
I started reading the New testiment and got through one of the disciples books but when I tried to read another my intrsest dropped because of it repeatting the same storry.

And still another is to drop Harry Potter.
Harry Potter is not satanic in any way... (My opinion)

What do you think faith is?
Faith is being willing to do whatever God tells you or you think God would want you to do.

Who told you that your faith needed a boost?
Me.

I don't know. That is why I am asking for help.

-Aaron

I started reading the New testiment and got through one of the disciples books but when I tried to read another my intrsest dropped because of it repeatting the same storry.

That would probibly be the book of Matthew. Have you ever seen a movie were the same story was told by 2,3 or four differant people? Or spoken to 2,3 or 4 people to who all seen the same thing?? Or see a detective ask questions to 3 or 4 or more people about one thing? The four Gospels, that is the first four books of the New Testement are 4 differant witnesses telling what they know about Jesus. It is important that you read and listen to as many witnesses as you can.
To increase your faith you need to know about Jesus. That,is why I said to read the bible .The other way to do it is to tálk to people of strong faith. Why?? Because it is knowing who Jesus is and what He has done in their life that makes their faith strong.
What translation of the bible do you read? I ask beca}se some are easier to read than others. The King James is the hardest as it is written in what we call old English. More common worded translations or paraphrased are the easiest.
Harry Potter is not satanic in any way... (My opinion)
You've heard this claim about Harry before. I know because I just said drop it and not why and you brought up the satanic issue.
But, but you are mistaken. The whole Harry Potter series is based on satanic beliefs and practices. Not only that but the time spent reading that kind of stuff is always better spent reading and studying the bible.
Faith is being willing to do whatever God tells you or you think God would want you to do.
That is certianly part of faith. but it is more like obediance than faith. Obeying is what one does when they believe and have faith in God.

Quote:

I don't know. That is why I am asking for help.

Here are some ways

Pray
Meditate (Study)
Obey Your parents and elders and what God tells you.
fellowship (That is have freinds who believe and want to learn about Jesus.)
Avoid things like Harry Potter, TV and vidio games that focus on killing and such things.

Take your time. It is not an overnite thing. Idealy we all should seek to make and keep our faith strong. It's good that you want to . God has put that desire in your heart.

sincerely
cliff

Hi Padelford and welcome- the scriptures teach two ways to build our faith:
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Spend time in His Word, spend time with Him the living Word and your faith will grow!

Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Pray at all times with all kinds of prayer- this isn't just asking God for your daily needs but keeping an attitude of prayer and constantly communingwith Him.

Take these two scriptures to heart but realize this- Christianity is about relationship, the more you know Him the more natural it is to trust Him and do His will- faith becomes a normal state of mind and like all things is freely given by the Master when we spend our lives drawing close - include Him in your school, work ,walking, sitting,cutting grass etc.,etc- share your life with Him and He will reveal His life in you.

Since you brougth it up - harry potterr that is - I personally don't want anything to do with sorcery, white or black magic (these are the same) as God commands us to :
Phi 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

and to
1Th 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

A few things I know-
As far as the Gospels even though they contain many of the same events each reveals different aspects of our Lord and His walk on earth.
It is much easier to learn from the expierience of those older than you than to go down some of those roads your self - Paddelford if it doesn't matter what something ( harry pooter) is about we wouln't have so many biblical admonitions to avoid them and all things satanic-

As far as bibles the New Interantional Version is probably the easiest to understand , the Amplified Biblethe most informative and the New King James one of the most poetic and beautiful- but these are only my opinions.

Note: Due to complaint reports received by the Modereator Team, we have moved some of the posts in this welcome tread to a holding area for evaluation. This thread will be closed for now, but may be reopened at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back