Hello

Hi my name is Christina I'm here looking for guidence you see I got saved when I was 17 when I was 19 I walked away from god I am a back slidding christian I'm trying to find my was back to Jesus but I struggle with homosexual desire and addiction it's issue I've had since I was 15 and I can't seem to break free from it however the two years that I was with Christ I did not not live the life style of a homosexual or an addict but I've lost my way and I can't seem to find my way back so I came here for help if there's any1 who can help me please I don't want to go to Hell I just want my salvation back but how do I get back home when I feel so lost?

You've taken the first step back by seeking help and desiring to return to God. Now, how far off the trail have you wandered and what is it going to get back on track? You've mentioned your struggle with homosexuality and you mention addiction. By addiction, are you talking about addictive sexual behavior, or are you talking about other addictions such as drugs, alcohol, gambling, etc.?

Right now, you can recognize your sin, confessing it to God, asking His forgiveness, and asking His help to get right with Him. You're going to need support from other people. We will try to offer what we can, but you will also need people around you to lend their guidance and strength. Do you attend a church or fellowship currently? If so, are there mature, wise, compassionate people there who can help you walk through this?

There are currently no restrictions on this thread (other than one or two I will mention in a moment) so you will get some varying viewpoints from different people. Some may be unpleasant, but I urge you to not be put off is something is unpleasant, recognizing that each person is doing their best to speak truth to you. An unpleasant truth is always better than a pleasant deception.

Moderator's note: I will probably move this thread from Introductions to one of the relationship forums at some point. You may want to subscribe to the thread (click "watch thread" at the top right above the first post) to make it easier to keep track of the thread.

This thread is geared toward practical help in aiding someone return to right relationship with God. Let's focus on what we are doing here and not get sidetracked. This thread is not a referendum on homosexuality, we already have threads on that.

As I understand it one cannot be truly lost if they can hear His voice. Listen to His Spirit as He calls you back home into His arms. Stop running from Him. He loves you beyond your WILDEST imagination and wants to love you completely unlike the "love" you've settled for until now. His grace is bigger than anything you've done. So grasp His wonderful grace and forgiveness and beat a path back to Him settling for nothing less than total and complete repentance. He is faithful to finish what He has begun in you just don't stand in His way. Much love to you, sister. I will keep you in my prayers for complete restoration.

Hi and welcome

If God's laws are written on our heart we will easily obey them. Thus, if we have difficulty obeying what pleases God, we have to question where our heart is. We either submit our heart to Jesus or to our own lustful desires / satan. We cannot serve both God and the devil. We will either hate the one and love the other.

Homo-sexuality is a big lust of the flesh. Something that should fall away completely when we become a Christian. Perhaps re-look at your experience when you were 17. Did you really have an encounter with God? Can you say that you were 'born again' (2 Cor 5:17). Can you honestly say that you love Jesus with all your heart and that you approve of His ways and see God's laws as good?

If I love and respect my wife, it is not difficult in the slightest to avoid adultery as tempting as it may be to my flesh. No matter what my excuses are, my wife will know the truth about where my heart is from my actions.

Hi and welcome

If God's laws are written on our heart we will easily obey them. Thus, if we have difficulty obeying what pleases God, we have to question where our heart is. We either submit our heart to Jesus or to our own lustful desires / satan. We cannot serve both God and the devil. We will either hate the one and love the other.

Homo-sexuality is a big lust of the flesh. Something that should fall away completely when we become a Christian. Perhaps re-look at your experience when you were 17. Did you really have an encounter with God? Can you say that you were 'born again' (2 Cor 5:17). Can you honestly say that you love Jesus with all your heart and that you approve of His ways and see God's laws as good?

If I love and respect my wife, it is not difficult in the slightest to avoid adultery as tempting as it may be to my flesh. No matter what my excuses are, my wife will know the truth about where my heart is from my actions.

All very true!

It also occurs to me that it is important to get into the very real practice of taking every thought into the obedience of Christ.

2. Cor. 10:5 "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

Phil. 4:7 "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

2. Cor. 10:5 "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

Amen!

Back