Hello

Hello

Hi
This is my first day here. I signed up earlier, but then had to leave for Church. I attend a non denominational Church. I use to be a Lutheran when one day I asked myself, “Why am I a Lutheranâ€? The answer I got was, “because my parents were Lutheranâ€. If I’m going to be a Lutheran, or any other denomination for that matter, it should be because that is what I want and believe. I believe a non denominational Church is where I belong. We go straight from the Bible and there will be no comments such as, “We as Lutherans believe…†That was the statement that got me thinking in the first place. I don’t think Lutherans or any other denomination is wrong, just not for me, at least for now.

My life has been hard. Drugs, alcohol, jail… I don’t think I need to go into detail. It’s not always easier now, but it is a lot better. I’ve got stories from the past and when I think about them sometimes, I get the thought, “why am I still aliveâ€? I always get the same answer, “because God isn’t done with me yetâ€. I try not to judge anyone and if anyone judges me, there is a good chance I just won’t respond.
I think I’ll just post this tonight and brouse through some other posts to get the feel of everyone here.

Thanks for listening.

P.S. The name, “Who am Iâ€. it’s short for “who am I without Christ†I think you all know the answer to that one. God bless you all.

1.gif

Welcome to the forums! I appreciate you sharing your story with us.

Back