Help Anyone?

I honestly think I've been feeling this way because of a sin I committed. But I rested and prayed to God, and now I feel better. I'm currently watching a visual bible movie while reading along in my bible.

Sorry to have come on here so strongly, I just felt so separated from God.

I didn't watch the video yet (do they have one on the book of Daniel? Perk:)). But I continue to keep you in my prayers. Don't be afraid or sorry for asking for help. There is nothing worse than feeling separate from God. I find it hard to ask for help sometimes but I usually attribute that to my pride (bad silk)

If you read the epistle I John. It adresses this very strugle that you going to. Read slowly...allowing the Holy Spirit to talk to you. If you have it not done yet..Jesus bless!

I believe in Jesus, but I think I might to hell. If so many people end up there, what's stopping me? I ask God to reveal his ways, but I just get confused. If there is free will, how could a sinful man (me) ever be saved if he does not have the strength or faith to change his will hardened by years of wickedness? If there is not free will, why do people go to hell?

Is God in control? Is it up to me to Love/seek/obey God? Or is God's Love enough?

To be honest, I hate having control/responsibility. I wish God would just save me and love me.

Also why can't everyone be saved in the end? Isn't anything possible with God?

Or does free will ruin it? If it does, then why would God want us to suffer?

These are not assertions, but questions.

I know, faith, faith, faith.

Listen, I have faith that if I believe in Jesus I will be saved. I believe in him, so if I am not saved by asking if I am saved or not means believeing in him is not good enough.

First, everyone has faith and the same amount, Rom 12:3. Faith isn't your problem, trust and belief is. Having information also isn't going to help you, it's what you DO with that information. You must change your mind (repent) about God and what He's done for you and if you've accepted His free gift, who YOU are in Him by the work of Jesus on the cross. These things can only be settled by you in your heart. You need first the truth, and that is written in the word of God. Having control is the most precious gift you can give to God by trusting Him and His ways. Don't get caught up in terminologies like "free will" - though the idea is present, the phrase isn't. So what to do...

#1 Settle in your heart God's word is pure, that it gives us what we need to understand, believe and trust God
#2 Grab hold of and don't let go of the truths of the word of God. Here are some examples:

2 Corinthians 5:17-19 (KJV)
Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.​

1 John 4:15-19 (KJV)
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.​

John 10:27-29 (KJV)
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.​

#3 Memorize, meditate, Joshua 1:8, and hold onto, 2 Thess 2:15, these verses until they are in your heart, Psa 119:11
#4 Ask the Holy Spirit, 1 John 2:27, to make them LIFE, Phil 2:16, in you, Acts 2:28
#5 When thoughts, sayings, feelings, imaginations come that are contrary to these verses 2 Cor 10:5, reject them, James 4:7

Don't feel like you're alone. We ALL must go through what you're going through, 1 Peter 4:12-13!

Lastly, to answer your question about why not everyone is just saved by the work of Jesus automatically. I asked the Lord about this and this is what I learned:

Adam was given all authority over all, Gen 1:28, plain and simple. He took this authority and willingly chose Eve, 1 Tim 2:14, over being obedient to God and died for her. (Jesus choose obedience, Heb 5:8, and died for us, Rom 5:8). Because Adam relinquished his authority through disobedience, Jesus relinquished His innocence for our sins in obedience. So in order to give God back His authority, one must recognize that their inability to be free from sin (a requirement to get into heaven) and that sinless Jesus died to pay for our sins, John 19:30, and simply trust Him and His finished work, John 17:4.

Changing faith in ourselves to faith in Him - repentance.

Once we come to terms with this and accept His gift, Eph 2:8, of eternal life, John 3:16, we are free from the Law, Rom 8:1-2. But before you can get to Rom 8:1 you fist have to get past Rom 7:24, which is where you are right now. The answer is between these two verses:

Romans 7:25 (KJV)
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The battle you're in is wholly in your mind, the way you think, the things you believe. They can only be fixed through the word of God and listening to the Holy Spirit. I'll be praying for you and if you have any questions, let me know. But please, go back and reread this a 100 times, meditating on every verse and change your mind. (y)

Back