Help! God or Jesus??

Help! God or Jesus??

Hi,

In prayer and daily talk with God and Jesus who are we supposed to refer to?

Example.. If its a sunny day, do we thank God or Jesus for this?? Or one at a time??

Another example is if we sin or need help, who do we ask? Both??

Sorry i had to ask this but it can really pickle my mind at times.

The Trinity should not be viewed as a three piece pie chart either.

Help haha.

Father, LORD, Jesus, YHVH, Yeshua, you can reach out to whatever touches your heart first, they are ONE. If you see the Son you see the Father.

Beloved,
I see on your profile you as yet do not attend church or have been babtized... Do you read Gods Word...?

Yes i do, along with all the reading i do on here. I dont post much though.

I've never been to Church in my life.

Father, LORD, Jesus, YHVH, Yeshua, you can reach out to whatever touches your heart first, they are ONE. If you see the Son you see the Father.

Agreed.

Jesus is God, really, so, when you speak to Jesus you're speaking to God. :jesus-sign:So, when you see the Son you see the Father, etc.

I used to be confused on that subject too, but now I am not because I know. ^^

I think when you pray, whatever words you use, be they God or Jesus, I believe it all goes to the same place -- Jesus AND God. The Father and Son, I feel, work together and They are both listening to the prayers of us all.
I might be wrong but this is how I feel.
Peace and blessings,
Joyce

I struggled with this also when I was a Mormon because I thought they were different entities. But, when I got on this forum and started reading, I learned about the Trinity. Then, when I surrendered my whole life to God, things began to open up to me. When I read the Bible, things became clearer and it didn't bother me as much.

One time, shortly after surrendering, I had a thought as I laid in bed meditating. If Jesus is in heaven on the right hand of God, then where is the Holy Spirit? I heard kinda' a "Hummmmm" in my heart that "told" me "Hey, I'm down here!" So I realized that the Holy Spirit was sent to comfort me and He is the one in my heart. I'd always thought it was Jesus in my heart, and in a way He is because they are all 3 one. Like myself the daughter; myself the mother; and myself the wife. All different persons, but the same me. :p

Now, when I pray, I usually say, "Heavenly Father." But it doesn't bother me anymore because I'm learning to know each one and their workings in my life. :israel:

The words of Christ himself, in scripture tells us how to pray. I will place quotes below from two different translations so you can compare. I will also underline the most important part of Christ's words to His followers regarding how to pray. The first will be from the New Living Translation and the second will be from The King James Version:

John 15:12-16 (NLT) -

12 This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. 13 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. 16 You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.
And...
John 15:12-16 (KJV) -

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

As Christian Believers, we are instructed to pray to God, in the name of Jesus Christ. Wherever God and Christ are, the Spirit is there as well.

James as a believer in Christ, you are the church!
It is quite important to be in fellowship, not only to build yourself up, but to serve as the Lord has called us to.
I really would advise you to seek out a bible believing fellowship in your local area, I personally would steer clear of Traditional church, because it is often more restrictive and unaccepting of change.
Look on the web see what you can find, if you need any help let me know and I will help you look.
God bless.

Scripture teaches us to pray to the Father in Jesus Name and in the power and leading of the Holy Spirit but- there is no competition between the Godhead and God will hear no matter how you call.

This thread has been helpful - I've always needed help with that.

When I was growing up, my mom always told me that we were never to pray to God directly - because Jesus was our representative. So whenever I prayed, I was afraid to speak directly to God because He is the Boss.

I'd always say things like Jesus, can you ask God to help me with this?

It wasn't until I became a member of this family that I realized that God and Jesus are the same.

God bless all of you for making this a more focused thought in my mind. You're all so wonderful!

I understand now. Thank you all for your help.

Yes Jax i believe you are right, you know something... i have no clue what even goes on in a Church.

I struggled with this also when I was a Mormon because I thought they were different entities. But, when I got on this forum and started reading, I learned about the Trinity. Then, when I surrendered my whole life to God, things began to open up to me. When I read the Bible, things became clearer and it didn't bother me as much.

One time, shortly after surrendering, I had a thought as I laid in bed meditating. If Jesus is in heaven on the right hand of God, then where is the Holy Spirit? I heard kinda' a "Hummmmm" in my heart that "told" me "Hey, I'm down here!" So I realized that the Holy Spirit was sent to comfort me and He is the one in my heart. I'd always thought it was Jesus in my heart, and in a way He is because they are all 3 one. Like myself the daughter; myself the mother; and myself the wife. All different persons, but the same me. :p

Now, when I pray, I usually say, "Heavenly Father." But it doesn't bother me anymore because I'm learning to know each one and their workings in my life. :israel:

AMEN! I know from what you speak ... Love you sister!

James as a believer in Christ, you are the church!
It is quite important to be in fellowship, not only to build yourself up, but to serve as the Lord has called us to.
Yes! I agree with you JAX... I didn't attend church for several years at one time because of low self esteem and I would have to go alone which gave me anxiety to the point I couldn't concentrate on the teaching or preaching...
But the Lord in His Mercy towards me worked all those things out...

Beloved James, there are strength in numbers and you have or will be given a gift or gifts to edify the Church, and to be of use to your fellow human being or soul... That is why I believe we should all go ... If one doesn't suit you their is always another around the corner... Ask the Lord for disernment...

Typically the less you go the harder it is to go. If you take the plunge and go two or three times you will began to feel at ease- afterall it is your Father's house.

Back