Help! I need topics for Sunday School!

I still have four more Sunday School lessons to prepare and I need your help finding topics. Nothing too complicated, I'm not looking for activities, it's just topics that we could discuss in class (12 y.o. students).

For simplicity reasons, each of my lessons is dedicated to one particular subject or topic related Our Lord Jesus. The next two will be Jesus and the Youth and The Parables of Jesus.

But I still need 4 more topics and all tips are more than welcome. Thanks in advance, guys!

I also like to talk about topics related to the date we're in (Christmas, Easter, etc.). Any special dates or Christian events coming soon?

Perhaps discuss if any fasted / giving things up for the Lord. Given Lent ended last week.

It is freedom day here in S Africa on the 27th April. Celebrating the first post apartheid elections. Perhaps discuss God's impartiality on all? Acts 10:34.

Perhaps discuss if any fasted / giving things up for the Lord. Given Lent ended last week.

It is freedom day here in S Africa on the 27th April. Celebrating the first post apartheid elections. Perhaps discuss God's impartiality on all? Acts 10:34.

Thank you very much for you reply KingJ, may Jesus bless you.

We've already talked about Lent but I'll check the Bible quote you mentioned. Thank you!

I just realised we've never talked about praying! We pray all the time, of course (e.g. all lessons end with the recitation of the Lord's Prayer), but it was never a lesson topic and we never talked about how to do it right.

I just realised we've never talked about praying! We pray all the time, of course (e.g. all lessons end with the recitation of the Lord's Prayer), but it was never a lesson topic and we never talked about how to do it right.[/QUOTE]

Now that is a very good topic " Praying" It is very deep and very satisfying to learn how we communicate with God

Topic: Life Construction- Matthew 7:24-27 and Luke 6:46-49
What are you building your life upon? Discuss the imagery of the scripture and how it represents our spiritual and physical lives. The storms affect us emotionally, financially, in our relationships, etc. What grounds us?

Topic: Life Construction- Matthew 7:24-27 and Luke 6:46-49
What are you building your life upon? Discuss the imagery of the scripture and how it represents our spiritual and physical lives. The storms affect us emotionally, financially, in our relationships, etc. What grounds us?

Hi @Big Moose,

Excellent choice!

Matthew 7:24-27,
' Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine,
and doeth them,
I will liken him unto a wise man,
which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended,
and the floods came,
and the winds blew,
and beat upon that house;
and it fell not:
for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine,
and doeth them not,
shall be likened unto a foolish man,
which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended,
and the floods came,
and the winds blew,
and beat upon that house;
and it fell:
and great was the fall of it.'

* What a wonderful Teacher our Lord was, and is.

Praise His Name!

PS (for adult ears):
Note the 5, 'ands,' (for emphasis) following the wise man (re. Grace)
and the 6, 'ands,' following the foolish man (re. the number of man,' of the earth, earthy').
This Reminds me of 1 Corinthinas 2:14

:)

Last edited:
Hi @Complete
1 Corinthians 2:14 would be a great lead into the lesson along with the verse before it:
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them,because they are spiritually discerned.

Get the kids to think about their spiritual side first, and then discuss how to build this spiritual-ness (spell check wants to make it spirituality) and the need to have the strong foundation.

Thank you for the help Chris. It is truly awesome when we see the Spirit's leading through more than one believer and they put it together and it becomes Complete.

Hello again,

A verse, placed in my autograph book by my Mother as a child, which the Holy Spirit has used in my life so very much, is Proverbs 3:5&6.

'Trust in the Lord
with all thine heart; ... '

(it is blessing me now, yet again, as I type)

'... and lean not
unto thine own understanding ... .

(... How necessary it is for us to learn this lesson, not only in life generally, but in regard to the reading of God's Word itself, isn't it?)

' ... In all thy ways
acknowledge Him,
and He shall
direct thy paths.'

* Gracious, Merciful, Lord and Saviour!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

ps. My Mother died when I was eighteen, but she could not have left me with greater treasure. Praise God!

Last edited:
I still have four more Sunday School lessons to prepare and I need your help finding topics. Nothing too complicated, I'm not looking for activities, it's just topics that we could discuss in class (12 y.o. students).

For simplicity reasons, each of my lessons is dedicated to one particular subject or topic related Our Lord Jesus. The next two will be Jesus and the Youth and The Parables of Jesus.

But I still need 4 more topics and all tips are more than welcome. Thanks in advance, guys!

I also like to talk about topics related to the date we're in (Christmas, Easter, etc.). Any special dates or Christian events coming soon?
Forgive me if I sound flippant, but have you asked the Holy Spirit? He knows better than anyone what those kids need.

Thought..........How about discussing how to DRESS for a job interview??? (It is not taught in school by the way).

Isn't it proper to put on your best cloths when going to talk to someone about a job or working for them?
Isn't it proper to comb your hair when going to do that???
Isn't it proper to bathe and clean up???

If all that is true and proper, and it is then relate that to the Christian life.

As we now belong to Christ, wouldn't it be proper to clean up? HOW...........................................................Confess our sins!
As we live for Christ and go into the world, wouldn't it be proper to bathe and comb our hair. HOW?.......Repent!

The Prodigal Son is always a good one for that age. 12-13 year olds start imagining what it would be like on their own, maybe even fantasize about running away. It also plants that seed that if you do stray from God, He will patiently wait for you and accept you back with lots of love.

Back