Help Me Answer a Trinity Question

As I recall the Apostles were sometimes in error and Peter in particular had to be corrected by Paul. We are all human vessels and we are only correct as we yield each and every breath to God. One step away from that and we find ourselves in error. After all wasn't that what we lost in the garden? Instead of being led of God mankind wanted to know good and evil to make their own choices and decisions.To think that any organization is perfect is human vanity.

As I recall the Apostles were sometimes in error and Peter in particular had to be corrected by Paul. We are all human vessels and we are only correct as we yield each and every breath to God. One step away from that and we find ourselves in error. After all wasn't that what we lost in the garden? Instead of being led of God mankind wanted to know good and evil to make their own choices and decisions.To think that any organization is perfect is human vanity.

I'm not entirely familiar with that passage. Could you give me the verses and explain it in greater detail?

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
Gal 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Gal 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
Gal 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Gal 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Thank you- I think I understand the passage better now:)

However, that doesn't necessarily negate any claim that the apostles (Peter in particular) could teach with a unique authority. I think the question being dealt with in this passage was more a question of practice than of the actual teaching. For fear of alienating Jewish Christians, Peter and the other Apostles did not associate much with Gentile converts. It would have been a good thing for all Jews to become Christian, but Paul argued that the Gentile converts should not be neglected simply because a few Jewish converts thought themselves to be somehow superior. This was a problem Paul faced many times thorughout his ministry, and he often had to remind Jews that they were just as much in need of salvation as the Gentiles were, leading to the rather often-quoted Romans 3:23.

I think this thread is getting a bit off-topic, though. If anyone would like to discuss this topic and/or my personal opinions on it, I would be glad to do so via PM.

I have the utmost respect for these men of God . I am just stating that they were as human as you and I . They indeed spoke wisdom when moved upon by the Spirit of God. Peter was an awesome brother who asked to be crucified upside down because he was not worthy to be killed in the same manner as his Lord. Indeed he went from cowering behind locked doors before he saw Jesus resurrected to a fearless man as he finally realized that death had no sway over whosoever belonged to Christ.

Back