Help needed- need to find scripture

Help needed- need to find scripture

Good afternoon,
I just got back from church.. the message was super.

Can someone please help me and tell me where in the Bible I can find the story on Essau(spelling?).

Thanks!

Faithwoman

Esau with one S. Genesis 25. God said, Jacob have I loved and Esau I have rejected. They were twins. Shows the sovereingty of God and His plan for the ages.

There are some online Bibles and Bible study tools. If you know part of a verse, you can Google it. You can look it up on Blue Letter Bible (run the title together with a .com) or Bible Gateway (run the title together with a .com). I am certain that others on Christianforumsite.com can direct you to a number of good online Bible study tools. Glad Peter directed you straight to the reference for it.

A fairly complete analysis can be found in the following link, however, this is only ONE writer's opinion... so do additional research.

Why did God love Jacob and hate Esau (Malachi 1:3; Romans 9:13)?

A very good place to do a scriptural study for research is the entire content of Malachi 1-4 (KJV) or for easier understanding in English, use Malachi 1-4 (NLT). Enjoy...

There's already been some wonderful information posted and I don't know if this will add anything, but I thought I would post.
Esau, from the Hebrew word pronounced ay-sawv, meaning rough, or hairy, was the grandson of Abraham and Sarah, the slightly older twin son of Isaac and Rebekah. Also known as Edom, meaning red, he and Jacob (who God renamed Israel) formed one of the fiercest cases of sibling rivalry in all Bible History.
CLICK LINK! http://www.keyway.ca/htm1999/19991226.htm

Study

Be careful not to “study” too much. In Ecc 12:12 and 1Th 4:11 both the KJV and YLT use the word “study” to tell you too much is weariness of the flesh. And to study to be quiet…
The word shows up only once more in the KJV in 2 Ti 2:15 and that is better translated as being diligent, not study as we know the word study. Do a search on the word “meditate” and I believe you will find that you would be better to concentrate on that one more. I’m not saying don’t study at all. It’s good to know what the words mean, but too much just gets you book smart, and God doesn’t need a bunch of people staying at home getting book smart.
I’m off to get ready for Church now. We have it at 6 pm in the Pastors living room. I like it a lot. It makes me think about how they did it back in the book of Acts.
God bless you all
Dean

YLT
Ecc 12:12 And further, from these, my son, be warned; the making of many books hath no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

YLT
1Th 4:11 and to study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we did command you,

KJV
Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

KJV
1Th 4:11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

KJV
2Ti 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Back