He's in the Midst <3

shineyourlight8

Sr Encourager Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
I was super anxious last night
😬

God’s bringing me into the unknown and it’s scary and bringing lots of changes to my life. My group of friends just split apart because God was telling me to take space and God was telling them to take space from me. They lost a friend, while I lost 10 friends all in one day.

And, it's hard. It's hard to feel alone.

I am so quick to go for others for prayer when I feel anxious instead of going to God. Of course, it’s good to seek out prayer from others but it’s more important to seek comfort from your Father.

So, last night, I sought Him out and He wasn’t hiding. My anxiety was gone, I am at peace.

“Seek me and you will find Me.”

318003339_10158594015511887_1649813863647876202_n.jpg

I was super anxious last night
😬

God’s bringing me into the unknown and it’s scary and bringing lots of changes to my life. My group of friends just split apart because God was telling me to take space and God was telling them to take space from me. They lost a friend, while I lost 10 friends all in one day.

And, it's hard. It's hard to feel alone.

I am so quick to go for others for prayer when I feel anxious instead of going to God. Of course, it’s good to seek out prayer from others but it’s more important to seek comfort from your Father.

So, last night, I sought Him out and He wasn’t hiding. My anxiety was gone, I am at peace.

“Seek me and you will find Me.”

View attachment 8320

Hello Shineyourlight8;

I just came across your thread and WOW! I was blessed to see your notes and highlighter in your Bible! I wish I had 10 more like you in our Bible study.

My wife and I have moved on to a new ministry together. This meant leaving a former church family and now traveling 37 miles to our new home church weekly. It feels kind of lonely and it could have been easy to remain settled where we had been for many years.

There is a lot of work at this new church but we laid this at God's feet. He too gave us comfort and it feels right in this new direction we're going.

God bless
you, Shine, and reading your thread encourages us and made us feel that we're not alone.

Hello Shineyourlight8;

I just came across your thread and WOW! I was blessed to see your notes and highlighter in your Bible! I wish I had 10 more like you in our Bible study.

My wife and I have moved on to a new ministry together. This meant leaving a former church family and now traveling 37 miles to our new home church weekly. It feels kind of lonely and it could have been easy to remain settled where we had been for many years.

There is a lot of work at this new church but we laid this at God's feet. He too gave us comfort and it feels right in this new direction we're going.

God bless
you, Shine, and reading your thread encourages us and made us feel that we're not alone.
My Bible is all marked up. And I date the notations, so when I look back, I can see, "Oh, look how much God has changed me 7 years ago."

Change is hard. I had another friend delete and block me on Facebook and just kinda rolling with it. I'm allowing Jesus to walk me through it.
I am glad you feel His comfort in your time of change. God told me that if we rely on others to fulfill the needs that only He can, it falls under borderline idolatry. You're going to sinners for comfort when He is the true Comforter.

Honestly I am the same.

And, strangely enough, after reading this post and reading the scriptural verse you posted..I went instantly into prayer and found Him too with the help of an advert, of all things lol

Blessings shineyourlight8, He will lead you😊
Oh, I love this!!!!! He is never hiding from you, but always there WITHIN the midst.

I find comfort in the stories of Joseph and Job. They experienced extreme hardship yet kept their faith and were later rewarded by God. You are currently going through a difficult time but God will turn it into your good.
Amen, Dave!

I am sorry to hear of the stormy seas you are now navigating. I’ve known this also and I am glad to know your faith will lead you safely home.

You have friends here who see and hear you.
Thanks, blueskies. I do feel much more alone, since I literally lost 6 friends in one day. But, God has placed many friends in my life. And He's telling me to focus on them and those friendships.

Hi shineyourlight8
what a wonderful message you have shared with us.
It is true we will never be alone. God replaces the sadness with rejoicing.
God Bless you Sister.
I woke up the next day at peace (weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.) And even though I have felt more anxious and anger during this time, God continues letting me vent to him and cry to him. He is such a good, good God

Back