Hey all! I'm new!

Hey all! I'm new!

Hey everyone. My name is Ashley, I am 20 and I am married to Wayne. We have been together for 5 1-2 years now, and married for a year and 1/2. I was raised in a family were my dad and I went to church, but that is really it. I have started to go to church on my own now, and I am really loving it. I am having a hard time understanding certain things in the bible and such, but I am sure it will grow on me.

My husband however, believes in 'God' but does not really understand Christianity, and honestly, I think he is just to lazy to go to church. He came with me last week, and was bored out of his mind, and I am hoping he will go with me tomorrow, but we will see.

So, I really come here so I can grow, and talk with others, and just make some friends.

I am sure I am going to have so many questions, and I am hoping you all are able to help me.

Thanks so much, and again, hello!

Hi momto3kitties!
Your doing the right thing. Keep the hubby commin. I agree sometimes it will get boring but the majority is enticing! Take hubby to an after church gathering....restaurant for breakfast, a park with the church for a picnic and to fly a kite ect. It doesnt have to be totally church oriented, just a bunch of friends gathering together thanking the Lord for a good time:cool:
Relax! Have a good time. :groupray: God Bless you n hubby
Chili out.

Hi momto3kitties!
Your doing the right thing. Keep the hubby commin. I agree sometimes it will get boring but the majority is enticing! Take hubby to an after church gathering....restaurant for breakfast, a park with the church for a picnic and to fly a kite ect. It doesnt have to be totally church oriented, just a bunch of friends gathering together thanking the Lord for a good time:cool:
Relax! Have a good time. :groupray: God Bless you n hubby
Chili out.

Thanks for the welcome! My husband decided he is not going to church tommorow. He said, "I will not do anything that will make me uncomfortable, and I will not do something I am not comfortable doing."

Sigh.

G'day Ashley
AN20WELCOME655556555.gif

BLTN- better late than never:p welcome to the family Ashley!

Hey everyone. My name is Ashley, I am 20 and I am married to Wayne. We have been together for 5 1-2 years now, and married for a year and 1/2. I was raised in a family were my dad and I went to church, but that is really it. I have started to go to church on my own now, and I am really loving it. I am having a hard time understanding certain things in the bible and such, but I am sure it will grow on me.

My husband however, believes in 'God' but does not really understand Christianity, and honestly, I think he is just to lazy to go to church. He came with me last week, and was bored out of his mind, and I am hoping he will go with me tomorrow, but we will see.

So, I really come here so I can grow, and talk with others, and just make some friends.

I am sure I am going to have so many questions, and I am hoping you all are able to help me.

Hi and welcome to the forum momto3kitties!:welcome:

I am glad you are here because you will learn and grow as there are many wonderful people who love the Lord and know the Word. One question... You say you went to church with your dad when you were little and you started going again now. That's really good but have you actually accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior of your life? In other words are you saved? I am only asking because I feel I would be remiss if I didn't...:)

Laura:)

Hi and welcome to the forum momto3kitties!:welcome:

I am glad you are here because you will learn and grow as there are many wonderful people who love the Lord and know the Word. One question... You say you went to church with your dad when you were little and you started going again now. That's really good but have you actually accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior of your life? In other words are you saved? I am only asking because I feel I would be remiss if I didn't...:)

Laura:)

Thank you for asking Laura. My dad and I year ago, were talking and discussing the bible and such, and he asked me if I accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior of my life, and I said yes I do. I always thought of myself as being saved. But then I look at all the sin I have done. For example...when I was 15 and moved out of my dads home, I stopped going to church, and stopped praying. My love for Jesus was always there though. I was just to 'lazy', I guess?

So..5 years later, I really feel like the Lord is tugging on my heart, and wanting me to start a relationship with him again.

Is this what you mean by saved? Because if so, I really believe that I am saved.

WeLcOmE and Well-met~! Nice to meet you and I hope you have a very nice time in all of your visites here. :D And I hope all your non-understood Biblical subjects get understood soon. :)

~Richard

Hi Ashley! Welcome to the forum! My name is Brad and I am from Australia. I am in the opposite position to you where I am keen to learn all about God but my wife isnt.

The only advice I can give you is to not force your husband (as much as you want him there) as that will only push him away. Just continue to do what makes you happy and pray that in time your husband will ggo to church.

My wife doesnt even like talking about religion and although that makes me sad I accept it and respect the choices she makes as God has given us all free will. I do pray that things change in the future for both of us but if not maybe we can chat to each other!

God bless sister! :groupray:

Back