Hey everyone :]

shineyourlight8

Sr Encourager Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hey everyone :]

A long time ago, I used to be a self-righteous person. "I'm such a better person then you," blah blah blah. But God has been wonderful to me. Especially since September 2009. Since then, God has called me into the ministry. Especially to minister to teen girls.

I have a speech impediment. You have no idea how much I was ridiculed since age 6. Not kidding. It hurts when you overhear someone saying that I'm a retard, or that they don't even understand me.

I've been both sexually AND physically abused. And everything was swept under the rug. I had to deal with people who didn't believe me, who didn't care, who blamed me. It was a horrible experience.

But lately, I've been trying not to think of myself as a "victim." There's a scripture that I live by. I don't remember where it was located, but it said that we go through things so that we may be able to minister to thsoe who are going through the same thing. I love that scripture, because it's so true. Do I still have scars? Of course. Many of them.

But since September, I asked for a peace from God. Satan can give us false peace. But I asked God to give me HIS peace. And since then, God has given me such a peace and I've been happier. It's one amazing feeling.

Anyways, I'm katie. And I'm 20, soon to be 21. I do go to a community college, but will be attending a Christian school, Elim.

I try to love people as best as I can. I can't rely on myself, so I rely on God's love. I think of all my enemies, and God says, "But I love them." And then I try to love them, as well!

Sorry that this is long. But hopefully I get to know you guys!

Katie so glad you've chosen to join us. You'll find some wonderful people here. Make yourself at home and come back often.

Hi Katie, Glad to have you here. Your outlook on life is good, especially with all that you have been through. Hope to see you around the forum.

welcomerose.jpg

I to was sexually abuse when I was a child.....So I understand where you are coming from
not-home-yet-albums-animations-picture1284-glitteryourway-a2e51a83.gif
for sharing your testimony and your love for God ....and thank you for joining us.....
not-home-yet-albums-animations-picture1332-peacedove.gif
Love
not-home-yet-albums-animations-picture1282-glitteryourway-38d98767.gif

Attachments

• glitteryourway-d6d0ce59.gif
    glitteryourway-d6d0ce59.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 36
Hi! I'm so happy you found our forum!

It sounds like you've had a rough time in your life and I'm so sorry that you have. However, you'v done the very best thing for yourself that you can do, and that is to turn to the Lord for comfort and healing. I'm so excited you've done this and I look forward to hearing about your ministry!

Blessings, Cheri

welcome-5.gif

Godbe4me, yup, i checked it out already! :) :)

thanks everyone! i am very excited for the ministry. i really don't know when he wants me to start. but hopefully soon!!!!!!

and honestly, it's really okay that it happened to me. i mean, i do hate it that it happens, but i can use the story for those who struggle! i've done a few ministry to teen girls, but not like, a group of teen girls. lol. i'm ministering to my cousin who struggles with anorexia. i'm persistent to invite her to church. God keeps telling me, "don't give up, katie. perseverance. you need to keep trying and be persistent!" and i just pray that i will bring her to know Christ before she dies. because i don't want that. i really don't :[

Katie....thank you for your transparency..you are an encouragment to me, as I have struggled many years with abuse issues..but the ultimate healer is our Lord and I am so glad that you are turning to Him for your strength and healing.

I look foward to seeing more of you on the forum and hearing about the ministry our Lord has entrusted you with. Glory to God!

hugs,
Mary

Katie....thank you for your transparency..you are an encouragment to me, as I have struggled many years with abuse issues..but the ultimate healer is our Lord and I am so glad that you are turning to Him for your strength and healing.

I look foward to seeing more of you on the forum and hearing about the ministry our Lord has entrusted you with. Glory to God!

hugs,
Mary
Yup, I really am excited to serve Him in the ministry. And I'm glad that I'm an encouragement. I still have scars from my Dad. Not on the outside, but the inside. I've forgiven my cousin for sexually abusing me, but now I love him so much! He is a wonderful servant of our God :)

And you are right, God IS the ultimate healer :)

Oh praise the Lord..its wonderful you have forgiven and now have a good relationship with him...and he is serving he Lord..wow, God is so good!

You are so young and I am just in awe of our Lord:)

God bless you my sister,
Mary

Oh praise the Lord..its wonderful you have forgiven and now have a good relationship with him...and he is serving he Lord..wow, God is so good!

You are so young and I am just in awe of our Lord:)

God bless you my sister,
Mary
Thank you, Mary! Yes, I do love him very much :) He just got married too! I cried at the wedding! :)

Hello! From one newbie to another

But since September, I asked for a peace from God. Satan can give us false peace. But I asked God to give me HIS peace. And since then, God has given me such a peace and I've been happier. It's one amazing feeling.

Here's a couple of verses for you :)

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Katie what kind of ministry will you be doing with these girl/women? How incredible the deliverance of our God!

blessings,
Mary

Katie what kind of ministry will you be doing with these girl/women? How incredible the deliverance of our God!

blessings,
Mary
I'm still not sure. But I will definitely be speaking to them. About God's love, about temptation, whatever the Lord wants me to be! I'm already ministering to my young cousin who IS struggling. I just pray that she will not die without knowing Jesus.

Hey Son of Jesus! It's a good forum :D :D :D
Hope to get to know ya!!!!!

(Hope you guys didn't eat TOO much today for Thanksgiving day!!!!!!)

Back