Hi Folks

I am a former Jehovah's witness....(don't laugh)

who left due to not being able to defend my beliefs regarding 1914

(1914 is a JW interpretation of the second coming of christ)

although I do believe the bible to be true.....

I have come to accept a lot of what I read is allegory and not literal

read allegorically...its beautiful

read literally it gets believers arguing amongst themselves over trivialities....IMO

and divides people

well thats the short version :)

good to be aboard with you all

Welcome :)

Respectfully I disagree. The Scriptures are to be taken very literally and every word and phrase order is meant to say what it says for the very reason to have faith in God. And yes, it does cause 41,000 "Christian" denominations, but that's because they don't take the word of God literal because of sin. :)

Welcome! :)

I am a former Jehovah's witness....(don't laugh)

who left due to not being able to defend my beliefs regarding 1914

(1914 is a JW interpretation of the second coming of christ)

although I do believe the bible to be true.....

I have come to accept a lot of what I read is allegory and not literal

read allegorically...its beautiful

read literally it gets believers arguing amongst themselves over trivialities....IMO

and divides people

well thats the short version :)

good to be aboard with you all
Hi Ninja,

I am really glad that you are joining us. I hope you are blessed with great wisdom through this site.

I would like to share a scripture, "12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12). Since the word of God is that powerful it will surely cause a division (truth is always divided from untruth) between those who understand the scriptures and those who don't. The division does not have to be negative however. Because through love the one having understanding should gently instruct the one who doesn't and trust God that he will reveal the truth.

Greetings in the Lord and the grace (unmerited favor) of our Lord Jesus Christ mark your life.

Also, 2 Timothy 3:16 says that EVERY Scripture has been given to us by the Holy Spirit. He means exactly what He says, or else He would have said something else; if anyone could articulate exactly what he wants to say, it's God... :)

Back