Hi There

Hi there,

I'm looking forward to having some good discussions about the bible and what it means for today.

I saw that you have already dived in to the General forum - good! Welcome aboard! And I hope you are able to find good things here! :)

I am not sure if I understand your question/comment ...

But if I understand you question if the Bible is relevant for today, I think so.

This is why it matters for me, and what I have gotten from it.

Because I had grown up being told that God understands what we are going through (I would sigh and say - ya right.)
But in time I had realized that it is not about what kind of childhood we come from (good or bad) it is not about our career (having one or not)
But it IS about if we choose to love or hate, if we choose to bring people together with understanding or gossip with prejudices, will we choose to operate out of positive loving principles or negative selfish principles.

It took me a long time to realize that - and reading the Bible to just read the Bible as a story, it will start to show the principles that are at the core of every situation, and which people choose to use which principles, and how it effected situations in their lives.

Yes cultures and time lines are different in the Bible,
Yet even today - everyone still wants to be love and accepted. They want to make a difference in the world - some choose good others choose bad choices.

When I started to read the Bible like that, then I did start to understand how God really Does Understand what we are going through. I did start to understand how the Bible did have an impact on my life today, and the lives of people around me today.

Some choose to use the Bible to justify their logic - (Even Satan used scripture to temp Jesus)
Jesus said that knowing God's will for Jesus' life was what was more important than fighting with the religious leaders, or Satan.

The Greatest Commandment is to Love the Lord your God with all your heart, body, and soul.
If you are not sure how to do that - then look at taking time to read your Bible everyday, as your way of showing God that He matters to you, even if you are not sure what everything else is about. =)

Back