Hi,

Hi my name is David, I'm also new to this place. I come from Poland, I'm 19yrs old. I was born again while I was 16yrs old, It was after the summer. I met a christian on the internet, he had great impact on my life, he was very convincing. The things he said had reflection in his life, it was very real to him. He impressed me with his gentleness while I used to be harsh on him. He shared with me that Jesus gave his life for me so that I should give my life for him and surrender.
Before that time I had had very hard time, I was nowhere in my life, I hadn't had any motive that would drive me, life was meaningless because I saw that everything that I could possibly do in this life cannot last forever, everything has its end, so what is the use to be famous, what's the use of attaining goals ect. There was a time that I even put a knife to my throat.

I intended this massage to be short as it is my introduction. If you have any question I will appreciate to hear it.

David

Hi my name is David, I'm also new to this place. I come from Poland, I'm 19yrs old. I was born again while I was 16yrs old, It was after the summer. I met a christian on the internet, he had great impact on my life, he was very convincing. The things he said had reflection in his life, it was very real to him. He impressed me with his gentleness while I used to be harsh on him. He shared with me that Jesus gave his life for me so that I should give my life for him and surrender.
Before that time I had had very hard time, I was nowhere in my life, I hadn't had any motive that would drive me, life was meaningless because I saw that everything that I could possibly do in this life cannot last forever, everything has its end, so what is the use to be famous, what's the use of attaining goals ect. There was a time that I even put a knife to my throat.

I intended this massage to be short as it is my introduction. If you have any question I will appreciate to hear it.

David

Hi David. Welcome aboard. I found your post very interesting. I've been a Christian for a few years now, yet I still find life to hold little meaning. I have fought thoughts of suicide for years. Even now, I wouldn't feel terribly disappointed if my number was up today, because life hasn't been all that right. I thought that serving God would make me happy and content. Perhaps it will eventually. So anyways, I want to ask you this: Are you at peace and happy? And if so, how the heck did you get there from where you were?

David
Hi and welcome.

Are you going to a good church now? You need to get grounded in some core Christian teaching. Example: the seven principles and doctrines of Christ. http://sunandshield.wordpress.com/2007/09/11/the-seven-basic-principles-of-christs-doctrine/.

I sympathise with you guys and your feelings of suicide. But some applied common sense should reveal the fact that God loses and the devil gains if you commit suicide. God loves you. The devil hates you. Please always remember that the devil's native tongue is lying / deceitfulness!! John 8:44. God on the other hand made you and gave His life for you (no greater act of love exists John 15:13). Allow His overwhelming love to consume you. Give up everything and follow Him, despite the circumstances and situations we are in and face.

Some verses for thought:

2 Tim 2:4 No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer.
Phil 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Matt 6:24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
Matt 6:25-34 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

I still find life to hold little meaning.
Hi "God be with you". Me too, I still think that everything that is being done here on earth is- just like Salomon has written- vanity. I've been reading books about prison camps and extermination camps lately. These stories are very shocking. Such stories make us even more conscious that everyone is going to die sometime. I have to say that, now having 3yrs in the Lord, I am more aware of death and life than I ever was. But the whole thing is about, where we put our trust. And I decided that I'm going to trust Jesus, he has given great meaning to our lifes, don't you think?.

Even now, I wouldn't feel terribly disappointed if my number was up today,
Me neither. As for me, the more I think how much we are limited and living in a fallen world, and that everyone is going to die at some point, the more I want and I desire Jesus to come.

Are you at peace and happy?

Generally yes, but there are some things that I want to have answered. I press toward the truth, I'm focused, sometimes I feel rather like a soldier and I'm angry at the enemy, I'm not always smiling.

Remember, we humans only have access to perceived truths. Always challenge and test your own beliefs. If they are true, they will stand. If they fall, you will have purified your wisdom and knowledge, and will become a better person for it.

I agree with you! You're right.

I would like to have deeper conversations with you guys, so let me know if you are willing to talk on skype maybe? I can only touch these matters on a surface level while writing.

Yes KingJ, I attend the church, but I'm more interested to be the church and that church should attend on people

Me too, I still think that everything that is being done here on earth is- just like Salomon has written- vanity. I've been reading books about prison camps and extermination camps lately. These stories are very shocking. Such stories make us even more conscious that everyone is going to die sometime. I have to say that, now having 3yrs in the Lord, I am more aware of death and life than I ever was. But the whole thing is about, where we put our trust. And I decided that I'm going to trust Jesus, he has given great meaning to our lifes, don't you think?.

Ah yes, Ecclesiastes. It's my favorite book; the book of vanity and chasing after the wind. What is the meaning that Jesus has given to our lives? I can't see it. I mean, I know that we have salvation and eternal life waiting for us, but that's the afterlife. What meaning do we have in this life that we currently exist in?

I would like to have deeper conversations with you guys, so let me know if you are willing to talk on skype maybe? I can only touch these matters on a surface level while writing.

I'd like that a lot! Unfortunately, I'm on the go and only have a moment here and there. Do you play chess dude?

I can play chess, but I don't play on a regular basis, I played chess only a couple of times and I enjoyed it, especially I like playing 'Team chess'' 2vs2. So i'm not experienced, but I'm open to learn more. If you wish to write me privately, here is my e-mail [email protected] and my skype dawidd771

Hey howdy David, nice to meet you, and my name is David also. I'm glad you could join us, and welcome.

I, to some extent, can understand not being too happy in this upside down world we live in. IMO, it has a lot to do with who is the ruler of this world, yep you guessed him, satan.

I see you like Ecclesiastes too. 1 of my favorite books too. I often think of the scripture in that book that says wisdom leads to sorrow.

And yes, I get bummed out too. I also tried to take my own life once a long time ago. I am glad I didn't succeed though. One thing I think about that keeps me going is that if I did take my life, I Would Never See What I Might Miss. That, and I have children, and I wouldn't want them to think suicide was any kind of answer.

You're young, (I'm almost 48, going on 108 ;/ ), and your mind is fresh. You're a believer. You have so much going for you. You have the Word of God to guide you, and to learn.

I, myself, am glad you're here, and I hope you come here often. Please feel welcome.

P.S. I don't do Skype. This isn't my PC, and I'm very careful when I use someone else PC. I do hope you find other believers well grounded to help you in your walk.

Back