Higher

M

Mark_18

Higher

Creed - Higher

I don't know if it's meant to be a Christian song, but to me it's a very true Christian song. I think all of us here know the place he is talking about. Or at least we'll say he's talking about the same place. :D Check out the lyrics.

Think of "dreaming" as being filled with the Holy Spirit or being with God in the ways we do so.

When dreaming I'm guided through another world
Time and time again
At sunrise I fight to stay asleep
'Cause I don't want to leave the comfort of this place
'Cause there's a hunger, a longing to escape
From the life I live when I'm awake
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?
Can you take me higher?
To the place where blind men see
Can you take me higher?
To the place with golden streets
Although I would like our world to change
It helps me to appreciate
Those nights and those dreams
But, my friend, I'd sacrifice all those nights
If I could make the Earth and my dreams the same
The only difference is
To let love replace all our hate
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?
Up high I feel like I'm alive for the very first time
Up high I'm strong enough to take these dreams
And make them mine

Mark, the words are very inspirational. And I can see where it would be a good song for Christians. However, having just come from meditating on God's Word, I saw it in a different light tonight.

All the idolizing and "worshipping" of the lead singer, put together with what his dreams were, surrounded with the girls he had around him, I could only imagine what his dreams were about. If I had listened to the content and not viewed the video, I would not have been distracted. I doubt most of the young people who idolize this guy and want to be with him, saw it in a spiritual realm like you did. There were a lot of young girls reaching out to him, as if in worship. Don't be deceived.

If someone like you could make your own video, using other props, maybe it could be seen the way you saw it. Otherwise, I'm sorry, but in my state of mind when I watched it, it was hard to imagine. Maybe I'm too old to see what a lot of young people see in a video like this, but I'm glad you saw it in a good light, Mark.

"Be careful what you are hearing. The measure [of thought and study] you give [to the truth you hear] will be the measure [of virture and knowledge] that comes back to you - and more [besides] will be given to you who hear."
Mark 4:24

I saw the ladies and the girls reaching to him as the world he doesn't want to go back to. He on stage asking God to take him away from that. Take him higher. where he has the strength to make the world like his dreams.

He says the only difference is to let love replace all our hate. Seams he knows and is separating that world with ladies and sin from where he wants to go.

That's why he sort of gives that girl at the beginning the cold shoulder. I think he did...

EDIT: ya at the beginning he's not distracted by the girl, like his mind is on God. when he sings it helps him to "go there". And he says "Although I would like the world to change" It helps him to apreciate what he sees when he's taken higher.

I have a hard time seeing him meaning somethign worldly by all the lyrics. The video is flashy and he may come off as a self-rightious poser to some, but the lyrics do not support that.

Thanx, Mark. You explained it really well. I apologize if I offended you. Like I said, it was just what I saw. I was looking through different eyes, and not because you were not looking through the right eyes. It was just where I was "coming from." I have been worshipping a lot lately and letting the Holy Spirit speak to me. On the other hand, I believe you saw something in that song that God wanted you to see, so that's great. I didn't mean to ruin it for ya. It was simply my take on it at the moment. Then I saw, through your eyes, as you went into detail, what you saw. No offense? Bonnie

Of course no offense Bonnie. everyone's going to see it differently. The sharing of our views is how we learn.

I listened to this song a long time ago and never saw it like this. I can see it as worldly too I just choose not to. That way it's uplifting in a pure way.

You're so sweet Bonnie, you didn't offend anyone. :D

Back