His Mercy Endureth Forever

"Oh give thanks unto the Lord, for His mercy endureth forever" This is the words of those like Moses and David, that knew God on the most personal levels.

Our eternal standing with God is and must be based upon His Mercy. When we leave the understanding that we are "wretched" and that none are good, no not one, we are in effect allowing our own hearts to deceive us. Now Paul attempts to explain this to the world in the book of Romans, but especially to those who have been under the self-righteousness of the law of Moses. Our salvation is based upon Gods grace and mercy, and that received by faith. Almost all the scriptures that tell us to continue in faith are based upon the understanding that in faith we are in the place of needing and receiving Gods mercy. In this place of "need" we are secure in Gods grace. When we return to self-righteousness, (the law) we are in effect rejecting that "mercy" that we so desperately need. Almost every warning of the New Testament is not in regards to "sin" against the law, but in leaving Gods mercy for the self-righteousness of the law. I know this is hard to understand because on some level, we have all been put back under the law, through the apostasy that befell the church after Paul and John departed to be with the Lord. The "truth" is that because of Christ and His eternal grace and mercy towards us, we are forever secure in "HIS GRACE". These great promises given to us in the gospel are all based upon remaining in grace.
In grace we cannot be taken from the Hand of God, In grace nothing can separate us from the Love of God etc..
Only when believers return to the law are the warnings of scripture made. "ye are cut-off from Christ"

Joh 15:9 ¶ As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Ro 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

I think we as men would grant ourselves the ability to love even above what we would grant unto The God of love? We understand that we would never break our covenant with our children, we would love them and have them with us forever if it was in our ability. The measure of Gods love for us as His Children is far beyond the ability of the natural mind of man to grasp. You know on these forums, my salvation is often challenged by those who disagree with the doctrines of grace. I always laugh at that, because if there is one thing that I am sure of? It is that God has saved me and will forever keep me in his love. I know its not based upon me or my ability to continue in any form of religious action. Its based upon the fact that He chose to save me and He chose to love and justify me. I know that if I remain in His Grace, Im am in His Mighty Hand and cannot be separated from His love. Now I do not say that I can not have doubts and questions about certain things but thankfully I know that I am always loved of God.

Da 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness,

The whole concept that a believer in Christ can be righteous in Christ one moment and then by the flesh be made "unrighteous" the next. Is so unbiblical, one wonders how God can save those who believe such things? How do such doctrines get into the truth of the gospel? legalism is the destroyer of faith and that which steals away the love of God from the heart of those who have received it. Be sure that God is raising those who would speak to the Mountain of legalism in the church and true holiness and love will be established again.

^^ the Spirit inside me testifies to the truth you write^^

Daniel 9 takes my breath away..

Legalism has been detrimental to my faith at one time-- thank God He is faithful and never forsakes me.

^^ the Spirit inside me testifies to the truth you write^^

Daniel 9 takes my breath away..

Legalism has been detrimental to my faith at one time-- thank God He is faithful and never forsakes me.
1Jo 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.(y)

Isa 12:1 ¶ And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
4 ¶ And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
5 Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

Isa 54:8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

You know Paul wrote that the "natural" man receives not the things of God but that through the Spirit we can know the things that have been "freely" given to us by God. The believer who is yet in the flesh cannot receive and accept the goodness that God has intended for us. When they read the scriptures they are not able to believe the exceeding riches of Gods grace. The bible is a very different book to those who are in the Spirit, and those who are in the flesh? Those "in the Spirit" see Gods Word as a source and supply unto them. Those in the "flesh" see the scriptures as a "demand'' made upon them. Nothing demanded from God is not first supplied by God through His Spirit to those in faith.

1Pe 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 ¶ Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

I don't believe we have understood the "exceeding riches of His grace towards us" I do believe that we are in the "ages to come" and more and more will be revealed . I believe that in these last days that a knowledge of the salvation we have In Christ will be so great upon those who dare to believe, that the "Sons of God" will be manifest and even creation itself will rejoice! You know the Lord told some who heard John the Baptist that they where so hard hearted that they would not weep, and having heard Him, they would not dance? Consider that this is the condition of much of the Church? They pretend to honor the law, yet they do not weep at the truth of their wretched flesh. They hear the gospel that would deliver them and they refuse to dance and rejoice because of Gods goodness.

^^^ TRUTH. So much truth.
Thanks sista...:)

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Ga 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Thanks sista...:)

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Ga 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
It seems very clear that many miss what it means to "walk in the Spirit" We begin "in the Spirit by faith" and not by works, having no righteousness or "moral" ability of ourselves. We are justified by faith and empowered "in the Spirit" this brings the fruit of the Spirit...love, joy, peace etc... We continue in the Spirit just as we began in the Spirit...By faith in Gods righteousness on our behalf.
Consider that when we as believers are in this confident place of Gods love for us and that He alone is our justification, these fruits of love, joy and peace...just come forth as a spring of life that flows from the truth. It is when we are under these condemning religious rules that we become bitter, judgmental, fearful and the flesh takes control...

This is why Paul declares that the law is not of faith...and whatsoever is not of faith is sin to the believer. Anytime the believer leaves the truth of Gods righteousness by faith they are in the "flesh" and thus they are in a condition of sin and are being ruled by sin.

" I CAME THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE LIFE AND HAVE IT IN ABUNDANCE"

The Lord said that believers would have power over serpents etc.. power over death. What was he saying? He was saying that they would be a "life" in us that was greater than the "death" and the powers of death. A "eternal" life or a "new" life, not like the old life.

The natural man is subject to death, and lives a life that reflects his temporal condition. The "new" man born with a new life is a eternal being and thinks and acts according to eternal truths.

Ro 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Now that the Lord said "I give them eternal life" this understanding of the life we have in Christ, is based upon our ability to accept by grace the life that in in the Spirit. The flesh of man, strives to obtain a temporal life, or strives at religious rules to "earn" life. But the life that God "gives" cannot be "earned" it must be received, and accepted as "eternal". Those who teach that believers must "earn" life or that the life of God is not eternal in nature, do not understand true life.

Ro 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Gods life must be received by grace and its based on our eternal justification in Christ. If one does not know that they have "eternal" life in Christ they do not know the life that Christ came to give us.

There is a thread on fasting and I have some thoughts that I have expressed on that thread that hope others would consider? I believe all the truths of God have a width a length and a depth for those who will seek them out. Let us consider that Pentecost was called the Feast of first fruits and the feast of harvest? That those who "tarried" or waited on God, where in essence fasting this temporal life and waiting on a "New" Life to appear. Eternal Life with a New Source of bread and a New Table that was to be given to the whole world. The food of this world empowers us unto temporal life, the Bread from heaven empowers us unto eternal Life. I believe a Christian who "walks in the Spirit", in the eternal life from heaven, is in a condition of fasting from the things of this world. There strength and supply is not in that which comes from this temporal realm, but their strength is from that which is eternal.

Col 3:1 ¶ If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (here is the true fast)

2Co 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Just had to post this understanding by @God calls me Olivia , I think it is an amazing understanding of the truth:)

Also want to say that words that are not from faith are manifestations that will be judged.
"But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. 37"For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned (Matthew 12:26).
Evil words (not in faith of God words) are a dichotomy to the Word which is salvation, faith, the manifest (begotten truth), that is Jesus. In Him our words are power and truth, light and life for they are from His mind and His Spirit.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1). "In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind" (John 1:4).
The believer is in the Word whose words are all righteous so they are justified (the true confession of salvation is actually as a result of faith in the words of God's Spirit).
The power over principalities, evil powers etc. comes from the righteous one, not doctrines being spoken from the mind (even if doctrines are correct) , but words of life being spoken from God's Spirit through us (which are living doctrines).
"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit" (Proverbs 18:21).
Each person can choose the words of life from the Word, the Spirit of good fruit (the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law [Galatians 5:22-23]), or the words of death (sin and the fruit of sin which is destruction, separation from God, and death spiritually).
Words are spiritual.

There is a thread on fasting and I have some thoughts that I have expressed on that thread that hope others would consider? I believe all the truths of God have a width a length and a depth for those who will seek them out. Let us consider that Pentecost was called the Feast of first fruits and the feast of harvest? That those who "tarried" or waited on God, where in essence fasting this temporal life and waiting on a "New" Life to appear. Eternal Life with a New Source of bread and a New Table that was to be given to the whole world. The food of this world empowers us unto temporal life, the Bread from heaven empowers us unto eternal Life. I believe a Christian who "walks in the Spirit", in the eternal life from heaven, is in a condition of fasting from the things of this world. There strength and supply is not in that which comes from this temporal realm, but their strength is from that which is eternal.

Col 3:1 ¶ If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (here is the true fast)

2Co 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Everything you are saying here in this thread is so true. These are the basics on which everything else depends. In God's Spirit there isn't a battle because God already won it for us and all we have to do is rest in the winning. Keep on teaching the truth.

Heb 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross

Joh 13:3 Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God,
4 rose from supper and laid aside His garments, took a towel and girded Himself.
5 After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.

I don't think some understand what the term "hope" means in the truth of scripture? Biblical hope is not a questionable thing, its not maybe so or God might or might not do what He has promised. I would use the Lord as the example of biblical hope and the power of a confident expectation? We should see that the Lord Himself used hope to endure the Cross and that hope looks to the joy of the Lord as our strength. Hope "knows" that which the Father has given to us and being confident in what the Father says we are, we have the ability to humble ourselves and become as servants to others. The reason some struggle to be humble is because they are not confident in what God says they are and are trying to find a confidence in who they and others think they are. Anyone who reads this post, please try to understand that real faith does not look to receive honor from man, but looks to God alone as the source of who they really are. The religion of outward appearance is an abomination to God.

Lu 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Joh 5:44 "How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?
45 "Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you--Moses, in whom you trust.

Real hope and real faith does not work according to mans ways or according to mans appearance, it works according to what the Father has said about us.

"Oh give thanks unto the Lord, for His mercy endureth forever" This is the words of those like Moses and David, that knew God on the most personal levels.

Our eternal standing with God is and must be based upon His Mercy. When we leave the understanding that we are "wretched" and that none are good, no not one, we are in effect allowing our own hearts to deceive us. Now Paul attempts to explain this to the world in the book of Romans, but especially to those who have been under the self-righteousness of the law of Moses. Our salvation is based upon Gods grace and mercy, and that received by faith. Almost all the scriptures that tell us to continue in faith are based upon the understanding that in faith we are in the place of needing and receiving Gods mercy. In this place of "need" we are secure in Gods grace. When we return to self-righteousness, (the law) we are in effect rejecting that "mercy" that we so desperately need. Almost every warning of the New Testament is not in regards to "sin" against the law, but in leaving Gods mercy for the self-righteousness of the law. I know this is hard to understand because on some level, we have all been put back under the law, through the apostasy that befell the church after Paul and John departed to be with the Lord. The "truth" is that because of Christ and His eternal grace and mercy towards us, we are forever secure in "HIS GRACE". These great promises given to us in the gospel are all based upon remaining in grace.
In grace we cannot be taken from the Hand of God, In grace nothing can separate us from the Love of God etc..
Only when believers return to the law are the warnings of scripture made. "ye are cut-off from Christ"

Joh 15:9 ¶ As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Ro 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Ps 85:7 Show us Your mercy, LORD, And grant us Your salvation. (Salvation <yesha`>)
8 ¶ I will hear what God the LORD will speak, For He will speak peace To His people and to His saints; But let them not turn back to folly.
9 Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him, That glory may dwell in our land.
10 Mercy and truth have met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed.
11 Truth shall spring out of the earth, And righteousness shall look down from heaven.
12 Yes, the LORD will give what is good; And our land will yield its increase.
13 Righteousness will go before Him, And shall make His footsteps our pathway.

Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 ¶ John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.'"
16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

Back