His Original Name Was Not Jesus

His Original Name Was Not Jesus

Jesus originally spoke I think, Greek or Hebrew. Maybe even some Latin and Aramaic.

This article says he was called Joshua or Joshua ben Adam...

JESUS : The deity from Middle-Eastern Mythologyhttp://www.freechristians.com/Robert_D_Brinsmead/Introduction.htm

And this article says his Greek variant is Ίησους (Iēsous)...

(How do you pronounce this by the way?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus

And you know I did not know that...

The name "Jesus" is an Anglicization of the Greek Ίησους (Iēsous), itself a Hellenization of the Hebrew יהושע (Yehoshua) or Hebrew-Aramaic ישוע (Yeshua), meaning "YHWH rescues". "Christ" is a title derived from the Greek Χριστός (Christós), meaning the "Anointed One," which corresponds to the Hebrew-derived "Messiah".[4]

I went on a missions trip to Mexico a few years back and the people called me Lorenzo which is the Spanish translation of Larry. Jesus is Lord and He both knows who He is and who we are talking about.
Yaashua or Yeshua in Hebrew- a loose translation could be Joshua which means God saves but technically there was no J in the Hebrew alphabet.
Most people spoke Aramaic in Jesus day( in addition to their own tongue)as it was the trade language of the day.

my names michelle in france,if in france i would not mind.unless you think Jesus can,t understand translation.:eek:

I guess it is natural that we use an Anglicised version of names - including Jesus. Not sure that allows us to picture Him as a white guy though!

Matthew 1
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

The Name of the Messiah is "God with us" If Matthew 1:23 is correct :)

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Lk 1:26-38 "And in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God into a city of Galilee, called Nazareth, to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David: and the virgin's name was Mary. And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you: blessed are you among women. Who having heard, was troubled at his saying and thought with herself what manner of salutation this should be. And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for you have found grace with God. Behold you shall conceive in your womb and shall bring forth a son: and you shall call his name Jesus. He shall be great and shall be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of David his father: and he shall reign in the house of Jacob for ever. And of his kingdom there shall be no end.

God bless

:) If a person's name is "TIM", would you wish to call him "Tom".

If a person kelpt calling you "John", when your name is "Jim", would that not upset you after awhile.

Our heavenly Father has a name: YHVH, which is translated Yahaveh.

If you have any teaching of acrostics, then you will discover this in the book of Ester.

The Lord's name is Yashua, derived from the first part of the YHVH, which means: God's savior or salvation.

There are no "J's" in the Hebrew alphabet.

However, we are instructed by the Lord to call God, "Father"....

Later

JTF

Jesus originally spoke I think, Greek or Hebrew. Maybe even some Latin and Aramaic.

This article says he was called Joshua or Joshua ben Adam...

JESUS : The deity from Middle-Eastern Mythology

And this article says his Greek variant is Ίησους (Iēsous)...

(How do you pronounce this by the way?)

Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And you know I did not know that...

The name "Jesus" is an Anglicization of the Greek Ίησους (Iēsous), itself a Hellenization of the Hebrew יהושע (Yehoshua) or Hebrew-Aramaic ישוע (Yeshua), meaning "YHWH rescues". "Christ" is a title derived from the Greek Χριστός (Christós), meaning the "Anointed One," which corresponds to the Hebrew-derived "Messiah".[4]

If His real name is not Jesus, then what's His real name?

56.gif

what does grace mean.?

Mike an olkd friend of mine use to explain that like this:
God's
Riches
At
Christ's
Expense

A good translation is simply unmerited, unearned and undeserved favor from God.

Back