Taken all your sins –
Crucified with Me,
You have been forgiv’n.
I have set you free
From your slavery,
So that you can now
Live in victory.

http://originalworks.info/do-you-love-me/
Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read Jeremiah 48 (NIV): http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah%2048&version=NIV

This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says:

“Woe to Nebo, for it will be ruined.
Kiriathaim will be disgraced and captured;
the stronghold will be disgraced and shattered.
2 Moab will be praised no more;
in Heshbon people will plot her downfall:
‘Come, let us put an end to that nation.’
You, the people of Madmen, will also be silenced;
the sword will pursue you…
Yesterday the Lord Jesus gave me a writing called “The Sword of Damocles.” The passage for the day was Jeremiah 47. The picture was of a sword of divine judgment hanging over the heads of our government here in the USA, and by a mere thread, and of a president who abandons his people and who looks the other way while we are destroyed as a nation.

It is fitting, though, because I believe that has truly been the story of his presidency and of his global presence around the world. He serves the rich, elite and powerful people of this world who are the ones who really rule over the kings and kingdoms of this earth, with regard to human rule, that is. He has done their bidding in bringing about the destruction of other nations throughout the globe, while he has lied to and has deceived his own people. I believe he is our “King Saul” for whom the people clamored. He is an enemy of God and of God’s people, the church, and I believe he has handed America over to the enemy, as well.

7 Since you trust in your deeds and riches,
you too will be taken captive,
and Chemosh will go into exile,
together with his priests and officials…

11 “Moab has been at rest from youth,
like wine left on its dregs,
not poured from one jar to another—
she has not gone into exile.
So she tastes as she did,
and her aroma is unchanged.
12 But days are coming,”
declares the Lord,
“when I will send men who pour from pitchers,
and they will pour her out;
they will empty her pitchers
and smash her jars…
This, I believe, is a picture of America, as a nation, though it is certainly not indicative of all who dwell here. We are a rich and powerful nation filled with indulgences of every kind imaginable, and available at our fingertips in our own homes, too, or everywhere we go now via smart phones, tablets/IPads and the like. Many believe we are a nation blessed by God and therefore untouchable. How wrong they are! We have so, so much! Even the poorest of our poor are rich in comparison to the poor of the world. Even many of our poor have Satellite TV, Netflix and smart phones, tablets and personal computers with Wi-Fi while they collect food stamps. We are an entertainment crazed society that is nursed upon the breasts of TV, the internet, social media and the government-controlled news. We spend and spend and go further and further into debt because we have to have things we really can’t afford. Even the church has gotten caught up in this vicious cycle of craving what is material and of feeding the desires of the flesh through entertainment and gimmicks to attract people.

We are prosperous for sure, but at what cost? Sensual lust; the cravings for more and more of what this entertainment craved society has to offer us; an obsession with fun; a thirst for power and control over the people of the world; a gullible mindset of those nursed on TV who shut their eyes to what is really going on in the world; a moral decline; an acceptance or a tolerance of what God calls evil and sinful; placating sin; and a false grace absent of the cross, etc. - all characterize our nation (i.e. they describe our “taste”- character). Political corruption from the top to the bottom; loss of the fear of God; a dilution of the gospel of Jesus Christ; blind ignorance of truth; hardness of hearts; infidelity to God and to one another; disregard for God’s commandments; a denial of his promises of judgment; following mankind and humanistic philosophy instead of following God and his word; seared consciences; double-mindedness; nearsightedness and blindness; and stupidity – all characterize our “taste,” i.e. our national character. And, because we have not had to go through the hardships of other nations, we have not turned from our evil ways.

16 “The fall of Moab is at hand;
her calamity will come quickly…

18 “Come down from your glory
and sit on the parched ground,
you inhabitants of Daughter Dibon,
for the one who destroys Moab
will come up against you
and ruin your fortified cities…

26 “Make her drunk,
for she has defied the Lord.
Let Moab wallow in her vomit;
let her be an object of ridicule…

29 “We have heard of Moab’s pride—
how great is her arrogance!—
of her insolence, her pride, her conceit
and the haughtiness of her heart.
30 I know her insolence but it is futile,”
declares the Lord,
“and her boasts accomplish nothing…

42 Moab will be destroyed as a nation
because she defied the Lord…
That pretty much says it (See Revelation 17:1-19:5). We are a nation who has placed our trust in our wealth, in our government, in our national heritage, in our military, in our institutional churches, in our church leaders, in our own resources, and in our own strength and human wisdom and intellect. We have trusted in our own government and military to protect us from harm, and many have bought into their lies and deceptions. We think we are safe, and we think we are blessed by God and therefore we will not face judgment. We wave our flags and we worship our government via hand over heart in pledge (vow) of loyalty, devotion and fidelity to an evil government. Therefore we do not recognize when they are lying to us and when all that comes from their mouths is deception upon deception. Therefore, we will go down with them. And, all shall be taken away from us.

Yet, there is a good purpose in it all. Our God is a very jealous God, i.e. he loves us so, so much that he desires only what is best for us, i.e. that we be in fellowship with him, walking in his grace, his truth and his love, putting on our spiritual armor daily with which to fight off Satan’s evil attacks against us, and dying daily to our flesh and to the sin that once enslaved us.

He has sent us message after message via his word, via his Spirit and via his human instruments (his messengers), and yet we, as a nation, have not listened, and we have not turned from our wicked ways and called on our God in repentance and obedience. Our smell and our taste – our fleshly character and the stench of sin – have not been purged out of our lives, and so God will pour us out, and he will bring this judgment upon us so that we might be revived, and so that many will be saved before the day of his return when we, if we have not trusted in Jesus Christ to be our Lord and Savior, will have no more opportunities, and the door will be shut to his heaven. So make the decision today to make Jesus the number one priority of your life, and let him be the satisfaction for all your needs.

I’d Rather Have Jesus / Rhea F. Miller / Joel A. Erickson

I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I’d rather be His than have riches untold;
I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands;
I’d rather be led by His nail-pierced hand.
Than to be the king of a vast domain
And be held in sin’s dread sway;
I’d rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.

I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause;
I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I’d rather have Jesus than worldwide fame;
I’d rather be true to His holy name.

He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He’s sweeter than honey from out the comb;
He’s all that my hungering spirit needs;
I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead.