Hobbies And Games

Major, do your kids help you with the battleships or are they more interested in video games?

No. They were always to impatient. It had to be NOW. Is the paint dry NOW. Is the glue set NOW.
Can we cut another piece NOW.

Now of course with grandkids and all the electric games they have, it is virtually impossible to get them excited about other things.

So, over the years it has become sort of theraputic for me.

No. They were always to impatient. It had to be NOW. Is the paint dry NOW. Is the glue set NOW.
Can we cut another piece NOW.
Now of course with grandkids and all the electric games they have, it is virtually impossible to get them excited about other things.
So, over the years it has become sort of theraputic for me.
:) I see that impatience with my kid and he is only 2.

Never get enough Skyrim. Due to my rather hectic schedule I only get to play about 3 hours per month.
I very much enjoy the realism of the game, pure escapism. Especially during the winter months when the
weather is dreary, I can get into the game and the sun is shining and birds chirping (just watch out for wandering dragons).

Never get enough Skyrim. Due to my rather hectic schedule I only get to play about 3 hours per month. I very much enjoy the realism of the game, pure escapism. Especially during the winter months when the weather is dreary, I can get into the game and the sun is shining and birds chirping (just watch out for wandering dragons).
That is a really hectic schedule!

as repeated in my introductory thread, i draw a lot. been that way since i was 12 years old. i literally have dozens of sketchbooks in storage, and i'll be needing to get another fresh one soon.

I ENJOY ...

PHOTOGRAPHY - taking pictures { which I will be sure to share lots of pictures for all to see }
SCRAP BOOKING - I enjoy doing this in the WINTER MONTHS as it gives me SPRING & SUMMER to collect up my supplies

I also enjoying having time with my daughter and also with my hubby !!

I like taking pictures too.

I play music, mostly GDAE tuned fretted strings (eg. mandolin)

Thinking about it, I could probably group the rest as projects. I've no great skill in any area but I'm reasonably computer literate and can program to some degree. I'm no good at electronics but have made use of micro controllers a couple of times. I've got a mini lathe which I can make use of for some things, sometimes perhaps I can think a little differently (eg for our rainwater/solar powered garden watering, I use a marine fresh water pump as it was the best fit for what I had in mind). It doesn't happen often but if some idea comes up, I can find it fun applying the relevant bits I can do to try and come up with a solution. I usually seem to get there but I really have to take my time (I can't take pressure).

Game-wise, I like Sudoku - the really difficult ones. Sometimes I find them too easy, so occasionally I do them in a much harder way: I solve them in 'reading order'.

Starting with the first empty square in the top row, I figure out what the answer is in my head, with no notes or annotations to help me remember. (Sometimes just figuring out the first square requires me to solve most of the puzzle in my head.) Then I go on to the next empty square in the row. Once the whole row is solved, I move on to the next row. It might take days to solve one puzzle this way. Usually, by the time I get to the third row, the rest of the puzzle is easy, because I have it mostly figured out.

I remember reading about ex-POW's who would play chess or build a house in their minds to keep their brains active. I guess that inspired me to occasionally solve Soduku this way.

Reading, Watching Sports(mainly football), Video Games, Writing, Making music and Eating :) I do all of these atleast once within a week. If I had time to do them all in one day, that would be a happy life :) Instead I work and think about quitting all day

Spending time with my wife
Swimming laps
Reading
Cooking
Designing
Netflix
Creating music
Listening to music
and unfortunately I'm a political junky.

Steam!!! Pc Games

I had the Orange Box for a while, and enjoyed playing Portal, Half Life 2, etc. But I found they were taking up too much of my time, so I got rid of them. Kinda hard thing to do. I imagine it's a little like quitting cigarettes. I still get the 'urge' to play.

. I just finished listening to "The Shack." It was really good. Now, I am listening to "The Room." I was told that if you like The Shack then you will love The Room. I like listening to christian, gospel, and Jazz music.

I am reading the shack. I am at chapter 6. Me and my cousin in law are reading it at the same time. (she already read it once but wanted to share it with me)

We decided that once a week we would take 30 minutes to ralph about what we have read during the week. I will ask if she have read the room.

My hobbies are cooking, knitting and crochet, watching movies, reading fiction books or not. And I can say that reading the Bible is my principle hobby right now.

I do play video games, especially during winter. I enjoy mmorpg like Wow and diablo. League of legends odds pretty fun too. I enjoy also starcraft.

Back