Hobbies And Games

where in canada are you from? i'm in montreal.

My wife and I visited Montreal a while back; we went up the Mont Royal, and looked out over the Downtown and the Saint Lawrence. We also walked around the gates of the Oratoire Saint-Joseph.

Kind of memorable, really.

My wife and I have travelled a lot in Ontario and Quebec. But it would be good also to travel together out West, or Down East.

I used to have hobbies... Reading, Cooking, European Martial Arts, and Homebrewing. Nowdays... I get to read so rarely that I've become very picky about what I'm willing to even start. Cooking isn't a hobby anymore, it's part of my "job." I haven't taken out a sword for any purpose other than cleaning it in almost two years. I'm still brewing, but more on a small batch for competition scale than as a fun pastime. I used to be an Artist, dedicating a minimum of six hours in my studio or on my sketch book every day, but now it's more a hobby I guess.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good hobbies for stay at home parents?

P.S. I do still love to cook, and create tasty meals for my family, but I can't do as much experimenting as I used to.

I wasn't going to mention this, but a past hobby of mine was drawing difficult mazes. I drew most of them in the late 1970's to early 80's, with the last one back in 1996. Lately I've been thinking about getting back into it.

The reason I mention this is that I have been seeing banner ads for an art site where I have two of my mazes for sale. Of all the art that that site sells, the ads I see just so happen to feature my large maze (Mammoth Maze 5). I guess I was somehow targeted with that ad via browser cookies, but I'm curious if anyone else has seen the ad.

Back