Holy Bible "God's love letter"

How can the Holy Bible be considered "God's love letter" when the CHRISTIANS cannot agree with each other?
Not all Christians are walking on the same spiritual plain in their spiritual growth. I have been saved almost 40 years, and I can tell you what I believe today is different than what I believed as a young Christian. Not that what I believed before was wrong, but I see much more clearly now. It is just like going to school, each grade you progress to you lean new things that you did not know before. This why we have the five fold ministry so that all the younger Christians can grow to a place were they can eventually learn from the Spirit of God themselves, and in turn teach others.

@CCW95A and @Cturtle you are both spot on :D

Look at the huge variety of flowers are and all their myriad of stages of life... man is infinitely more complex. This is why it's so imperative we do what we do in love and for God's glory and for the church's edification :D

How can the Holy Bible be considered "God's love letter" when the CHRISTIANS cannot agree with each other?
Humans are corrupt and wicked. Them being in agreement does not validify anything. If anything it's the complete opposite. Imagine a corporate deciding to give free energy. How many will stop that and monoplize it?

I see the bible as more of a contract between God and mankind. In which God is bending over backwards for us.

It is shocking to see how so many do get scripture wrong. A good rule of thumb is to gauge vanity.

Christianity 101 = modesty, humility, seflessness, God is love with no darkness in Him at all.

Satanism 101 = vanity, pride, hate, God is evil.

Greetings,
This is a very simple question to answer - Because man brings man into Christ and not Christ into man. Every church split and new denomination and new doctrine is done or created all at the hands of man.
There is One God - One written word given unto us. So we can say there is one doctrine and that would be Gods way of doing things. Is this not simply the simplest thing to grasp?

Not for man who insist on monkeying with the written word of God and placing his understanding or views into it.
God Bless and Have a very Mery Christmas blessed with the Love and Joy and Peace of God and may this new year of our Lord 2016 be the best blessed year yet !
God Bless
James W

Sin first and foremost. But Christians are just like (hehehe and are) humans in that there are stages of growth. You have infants, you have toddlers, pre-teens, teens, young adult, then all the stages of adulthood... it's no different in Christianity. Each of us have a level of maturity just like in real life. The key is to live in love, not in debate. Sadly many love the sport of debate and don't care for the edification of others or of love. So you get hostilities. As you can see from this passage, this isn't a modern issue, it's the human issue.

James 3:13-18 (KJV)
Who [is] a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but [is] earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife [is], there [is] confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, [and] easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.​

The only purpose to scripture is to make us wise unto salvation. Once you understand that, you understand how to study every verse in scripture with no human constructs. Satan understands this, this is why there is controversy over the very subject of salvation itself.

Blessings,
MoG

Even if Christians don't agree on what the meanings of the Scriptures are....it does not change God's Word.
Malachi 3:6
For I am the Lord, I change not

God Bless

Word of God!
Not to add or delete a word from it

Deuteronomy 12:32
32"Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

How many different versions of the bible do we have today?

Word of God!

32"Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

God has the right to add to His books and He has otherwise we'd never know about Jesus by name. You are correct, there are too many translations, but that doesn't affect those that really want the truth. For 40 years the KJV was good enough for me until I started learning Hebrew. Now, I have the originals (as best as I can tell they're originals) and translations tools by my side. I read MANY versions because one thing I know is that in order to completely understand another language you must be immersed in it, its culture and way of life. We cannot do that today because both the Hebrew and Greek of today is not the same Hebrew and Greek the word of God was written in. Just like English from the 1300's doesn't look anything remotely like English of today. Still, even if we had the word of God written in our own native tongue, it requires the Holy Spirit to translate what's written.

God has the right to add to His books and He has otherwise we'd never know about Jesus by name. You are correct, there are too many translations, but that doesn't affect those that really want the truth. For 40 years the KJV was good enough for me until I started learning Hebrew. Now, I have the originals (as best as I can tell they're originals) and translations tools by my side. I read MANY versions because one thing I know is that in order to completely understand another language you must be immersed in it, its culture and way of life. We cannot do that today because both the Hebrew and Greek of today is not the same Hebrew and Greek the word of God was written in. Just like English from the 1300's doesn't look anything remotely like English of today. Still, even if we had the word of God written in our own native tongue, it requires the Holy Spirit to translate what's written.

Amen Brother!
To add what I believe the Lord showed me is that if when you read the meanings (whether greek or Hebrew) of the Words, one can see that each translation has taken different words of the meanings and written it so that those whom desire don't have to go to the strongs to translate what the original meaning is. The only thing that bothers me is that sometimes either people take things way to legalistically or some of the versions put their religious denominational spin on it, thus tailoring it to how they believe, instead of what the Bible actually says and means.

God bless you and you family in the coming new year abundantly

Word of God!

Hi Zee and welcome to CFS,
You brought in a line or a piece of scripture and intended on using it to build a case and in doing so you have taken this line of scripture out of context or why it was said in the first place.

32"Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it. Zee you also said Not to add or delete a word from it

First lets look at Deuteronomy 12:32 Here we find the Lord God has spoken things to His people on what He wants them to do and not do. He warns them to do these things Exactly how He said. God is telling them do not add things to it or take away anything or change what I have told you to do.

The only place you find God speaking do not add or change anything that is written as far as His word is in the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

Now I have not said it is ok to make Gods word say something it does not such as it is ok to have wild parties and get drunk as long as you repent. I am saying that people range from a to z and this means how they understand and grasp things are as different as a to z and how they explain or talk. So to use other wording that makes His word a little more easy to grasp and more down to earth such as todays language has not broken any laws or commands of God.

If God told you to march around this city 15 times and blow the trumpet for 5 minutes on the 12th time around then you dont blow the trumpet on the 3rd or 15th time but you do it as He has told you or commanded you to do. Obedience is the key. Following His plan or way or command is the issue in Deut 12:32 that you quoted.

Thank you for you reply and looking forward to getting to know you as well.
God Bless
James

Not all Christians are walking on the same spiritual plain in their spiritual growth. I have been saved almost 40 years, and I can tell you what I believe today is different than what I believed as a young Christian. Not that what I believed before was wrong, but I see much more clearly now. It is just like going to school, each grade you progress to you lean new things that you did not know before. This why we have the five fold ministry so that all the younger Christians can grow to a place were they can eventually learn from the Spirit of God themselves, and in turn teach others.

"If we walk in the light as He is in the light then the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin and we have fellowship (agree in unity ) with each other "
It matters not what level of spiritual understanding we may have , if the same Spirit that raised up Jesus dwells in us then we are of the same Spirit ",for they that are joined to the Lord are of one Spirit "
Then a man who is young in the faith should still recognise the truth when he hears it even if at that point he does not understand it . For the Spirit of truth is in them as it is in any true BORNchild of God .
Thus be in agreement .
and walk together.
If then there is strife it is down to carnality .
and no truth that is true and oen has come to know even as a babe or "little children" will, can or does contradict any other truth as it is in Christ as "young men " or as fathers .
For little children " know the father and their sins are forgiven them"
ye fathers" ye know Him who is from the beginning" who is the same Both to the little children as to the father.
But thier knowledge of God has grown. Even as Abrahams did .
By way of example . I know a man of God whos aproach and exposition of scripture is exemplary.
One day in the middle of preaching on the verse "if I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me "
he said when Jesus was on the cross' he was ground between the mill stones of Gods wrath '
I stumbled a bit at that because as far as I was aware there is no scripture that actually says that . Yet the Spirit of God witnessed to my spirit that it was true . So i did not reject it but stored it in my heart .
It took me 10 years to understand it and have my mind catch up with my spirit in this matter.
So while I did trip as it were I kept in agreement with the preacher and still am .
if the Spirit of truth abides in us and we are seeking first the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness .Then we will know by Him the spirit of error .No matter how young or old we are . That is what is meant we have no need of any to teach us . For by him we may know not only the difference between good and evil (see eve) but also true from the false the spirit of error .

in Christ
gerald

Last edited:
Back