Holy Bible

In the context of Satan being the adversary, or opposer of God, I would disagree.
When we don't know yet in what context the member is speaking of Satanic Bible's no one here can make a definitive proclamation. Nor are they qualified to dismiss what has been offered as a probable qualifier for Satanic Bibles.

Well then, you don't know Christians. Just, as you state, those who say they are christian.

There are some people that wholly believe they are Christians, saved and redeemed. They will quote the bible back, front, side to side. They will go to church all the time. Have a bible in their car.

But The King said they will say lord lord and he will NOT know them.

This is why Christianity gets a bad reputation from outsiders.

I am more wary of blind loyalty to tradition by Christians than I am about any satanist.

Levitical thinking is what The King was against.

They dont discriminate, are you certian? Then how come much of the scripture is ommited in thier versions? Take for instance romans 8:1. In the king james the scripture ends .. who walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit... the niv ommits this. Check it out for yourself. This ommision should not be taken out as it hold spiritual meaning. They also own more than avon publications now.
why would you want to read a bible published by people who publish satanic books as well as watwred down versions of scripture?

They do only publish various hodge-podge eclectic versions of the Critical Text (which represent only 5% of the extant 20,000 samples, which in fact disagree with each other) so maybe you are correct.

They dont discriminate, are you certian? Then how come much of the scripture is ommited in thier versions? Take for instance romans 8:1. In the king james the scripture ends .. who walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit... the niv ommits this. Check it out for yourself. This ommision should not be taken out as it hold spiritual meaning. They also own more than avon publications now.
why would you want to read a bible published by people who publish satanic books as well as watwred down versions of scripture?
I believe much is a bit excessive.

Some of the later translators added this in Rom 8:1 "who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." They were hoping it would not cause people to think there was no condemnation at all no matter what they did. So they added this to match up with Rom 8:4

Rom 8:4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. (NIV)

I have a KJV with a topical index which is very helpful. I can look up any name or theme, such as self-denial or shame, and find scripture throughout the Bible on those topics. I like my NLT study Bible for the easy reading and understanding, plus it has a large commentary on the verses or concepts. I often go back to the KJV to verify the NLT. I'll use NIV sometimes just to get another version for reasons like: the KJV uses a lot of pronouns and you can get lost as to who "he" and "him" are. I agree, biblehub.com is a great site for side by side comparisons.
For original text translations, I like http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html which takes you to the Strongs Concordance online.

There are some people that wholly believe they are Christians, saved and redeemed. They will quote the bible back, front, side to side. They will go to church all the time. Have a bible in their car.

Familiarity with the Bible and having one handy is nothing less than I'd expect from someone saved, at least for men who have been Christian for a while.

How does familiarity with the Bible and having one handy give Christians a bad reputation?

But, Jesus said, "you will be hated by all for my name's sake." So, it should be expected that wicked men would try to give the Saints a bad reputation. If the wicked judge you for knowing God's work, count it as glory.

Paul writes that God is blasphemed because of jewish Christians who, while knowing better, steal and fornicate. The lesson here isn't to be willingly ignorant of scripture, but to live righteously, so that others do not have just cause to judge you,

Levitical thinking is what The King was against.

The author of Leviticus be against Leviticus?

KJV, KJV, KJV!!!

I'll consult other translations and the Greek when I'm studying. But, just for regular reading, KJV!

How does familiarity with the Bible and having one handy give Christians a bad reputation?

How about you use context and not cherry pick?

But The King said they will say lord lord and he will NOT know them.

I am more wary of blind loyalty to tradition by Christians than I am about any satanist..

It was against the Christians that will be one in public, but will break the Two Great Commands often.

The author of Leviticus be against Leviticus?

Heb 7:11 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood—and indeed the law given to the people established that priesthood—why was there still need for another priest to come, one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?

And there's your answer.

The Levitical way is PAST. The Old Wine.

We are under New Wine. New Order. The Order of Melchizedek.

But people love their old wine, it tastes better.

If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood—and indeed the law given to the people established that priesthood—why was there still need for another priest to come, one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?

We have a better covenant but I don't think that equates with God being against his older covenant.

Back