Holy Fear

Dusty

Inactive
Holy Fear

Psalm 2:11

11 Serve the LORD with fear
and rejoice with trembling.

I read this am and thought .... yes we need to serve the Lord with more reverence..... not with a fear that we think of as fear but with a Holy Fear , knowing that our God reigns and everything is through His will and that He controls all . Serve Him more with a confidence knowing that He is working everything out for our good and for us to rest in His love.

There is no fear of God anymore. No respect for Him, even among some Christians, such as Ananias, with Sapphira. In the Bible days even the unbelievers had respect toward God and the Christians, and feared them.

I don't even see common respect of people toward each other anymore. This last generation has not been taught that.

That's right GodSpeaks and as a senior it is very disheartening to see all of this disrespect .Just the Sun past there was a young teen ager who came and sat up the front of the church , slouched down ( With those saggy geans) and a baseball cap on . At least I saw one of the ushers come over and talk to him and he did remove his cap .

Don't get me wrong , I love the young people but they have had no teaching at home and it seems like TV has been their example as the parents go out and work . We are going to pay big time for all these mistakes .

Let us never forget that God is to be feared. God is to be respected. He is the creator of everything seen and unseen, and deserves our worship and adoration. His power is limitless, timeless and has no equality with any other god. His glory and holiness are beyond our measure. He is the Alpha and Omega .... the begining and the end.

In no way should we diminish Jesus' human qualities or His love, mercy or compassion. Without those qualities, we would all be lost! Rather, our hope is that when we ponder Jesus Christ and all that He is, you might never forget His power and glory which completely fill the heavens and the earth. As you love and surrender to Christ, may you not forget to fear Him as well.

I was also looking up other passages on Holy Fear and found this one in Hebrews.Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.

What an example when we think of how many years it took Noah to build the ark and all the laughter it must have created . Noah, not ever seeing an ocean or large body of water or what a flood meant and yet he stayed true and respected and honoured God , following all God's instructions and denying the world around him . What faith and " Holy Fear he had.

Proverbs 9:10
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

This is a beautiful thread Dusty. It's gorgeous :)

Just wanted to add a verse:

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecle 12:13

This is a beautiful thread Dusty. It's gorgeous :)

Just wanted to add a verse:

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecle 12:13

Thanks John .... Please feel free to add more scriptures. I will add more tomorrow when I have more time so we can all add not just me .

Back