Holy Spirit ----- OUr Need

Dusty

Inactive
Holy Spirit ----- OUr Need

In order for us as Christians to live a successful Christian life we need the infilling of the Holy Spirit every day . Yes, we have the Holy Spirit when we got saved but in order for us to go about our daily living , we cannot go haphazardly and be just a “ Christian” in name without proclaiming the power there of .

Yes the world talks about power but in a different sense that we think of power . Theirs is man made ours is God given and comes from with in . No man can take that away from us . We are a chosen people . A people of high calling , a righteous people . We serve the most High God , the only God who created heaven and earth . We have power that comes form within that bubbles up inside us that comes from the Holy Spirit.

In the O. T.power came from the Holy Spirit - God gave power and authority to Kings, priests and prophets and the written Word of God .

However , we are in the New Testament of time where we have Jesus Christ who first gave his disciples the power and authority to cast out demons Matt 10:1….He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness

After Jesus death on the cross – Jesus gave us the power and authority from the “ Comforter “ - which is the Holy Spirit “ . We as Children of the most High God have had our sins forgiven and given the ‘ Holy Spirit”

Our need for the “ infilling” every day is paramount in our walk with Jesus Acts 1: 8…. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

The promised Holy Spirit is now here to help Christians …. Acts 2: 38….Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call."

Empowering or enabling experiences with the Holy Spirit are to be expected as a normal part of Christian living.

We need Him more than anything in this life. Job said

Job 23:12
Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Food is an absolute need but hearing the Spirit speak to us is even more vital.

Exactly .... OUr need of the Holy Spirit's Wisdom and guidance is crucial in our living for Jesus .

2 Timothy 3:17
so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

If we did not have the Holy Spirit we would be like any lost soul without a purpose .

And to expound on wisdom a little , as I am walking though Proverbs this month and not just reading and skipping over the verses but letting the Holy Spirit be my compass , my need to have more wisdom from God is paramount for my Spiritual growth in the Lord . We as Christians do not want to stay in the same place day after day but we need to grow and our need of the Holy Spirit daily is our desire .

How can we grow if we do not get to know Jesus and have a personal relationship with Him ? If we love someone we want to have a relationship with them and the same is with our Saviour : If we love Him more than anything on this earth and put Him first in our life then we will want to have a relationship with Him

1 John 2:5
But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him:

I get Bible Studies from a friend of mine, and want to put this one here and will sign his name to it . He gasve me permission to copy and paste it here

The Holy Spirit - the River of God.... from Larry ( Boanerges)

Eze 47:1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.
Eze 47:2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.
Eze 47:3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles.
Eze 47:4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.
Eze 47:5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.

Entrance into the River. This is where many come in and choose to stay. One get’s wet but never really knows the power and the direction of the River.

Walk in a little deeper. You can now feel it’s pull and power drawing you ever further in.

Walk in a little deeper. It is now a force so strong that no man can swim it. That man must be carried and directed by the current of that River for his effort’s and will are useless .

Eze 47:8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.
Eze 47:9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.

Let the River inundate you and carry you. In it’s waters are great healing.

Eze 47:10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
Eze 47:11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.
Eze 47:12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Let the River of God bring you to a place of great fruitfulness. The harvest will be great. The fruit will have eternal consequences and remain.
But what of the ones who will not enter in? They will never know of the River’s healing power nor taste it’s fruit. They shall remain in miry clay (flesh) and the salt will kill the growth.
So let us choose to dive in. Let us breath out old the old life that once sustained us and inhale, breathe and partake of the deepest parts of the River of God.
Go ahead, dive in the water is awesome.

Back