Holy Spirit Working in Me

We all know that our walk with Christ is a journey. It is a constant knowing, growing and going {preaching the gospel and sharing the good news}.

I wanted to share what the Holy Spirit has been working in me on. My daughters and I have been learning self control, patience in various areas of our lives. Particularly about finances. We have been learning to be content with what we have. Although it is nice to do some shopping - it isn't necessary to "buy" what we feel we think we need or infact want. I remember listening to a sermon saying Lord don't give me too much that I may forget you but not too little that I may be harded towards you. It was very thought provoking.

It has been dollar for dollar being wise but also being able to bless others. Like a cab ride from the food bank. It is so important to give a tip. Just as much as we are being good stewards of the tools He has given us, we should conduct ourselves in such a manner. My daughters and I don't have much but we each give our 10% tithe. Last few months have been extremely difficult finanically for us and my oldest even said maybe I shouldn't tithe this month then I can pay some of the bills - my response God gets the first fruits. God gives us the means finally to be able to live, survive, gain, bless and so forth. He comes first. We trust in that His sovereignity will bring us through. We have seen God move. We have been so blessed. We are all growing spiritually in these tough times and learning to apply what God's Word says into our lives regarding finances.

We don't know what the future holds with all this enconomy collapse - we know that things are being stirred and shaked. I am so grateful God is leading us into such a deep understanding, teaching and lesson of obedience to trust Him in every area and specially where money is concerned.

We lack nothing in Him. Our bases are covered. It is tight, it can be stressful for the unbeliever but not for the child of God. As God provides for His children, He gives good gifts, He is a loving Father and keeps His Word.

I hope this encourages someone today. It has been such an encouragement to my daughters and I. They have been able to witness and plant gospel seeds at the line up at the food bank every Weds. We live incredibly close like a 4 minute drive. The waits are long, the line ups are longer - probably 2.5 hours waiting in the cold to get in and start to gather the food they have to bring home. Yet they both take it stride and know that God has placed them there to do His work. Although it is hard not being able to just go to the groccery store and purchase whenever we want or whatever we want - God has provided the food bank. God has giving opportunities to give unbelievers a fighting chance at heaven and hearing the gospel of Christ. Next time things don't work out there IS a reason. Perhaps the question is why am I going through this?! Perhaps it is not just for you, perhaps it is for someone else that is desperately needing a touch from God? God weaves all of ur lives to bless, work and glorify Him.

Be blessed today. God knows what He is doing. You don't have to wonder. Doesn't that take the load off? Knowing being His child - He askes you simply to obey, trust and let Him do it.

Back