Honesty Is The Best Policy

Chris, just from my gut, I don't think this is you not believing. I think you know deep, deep down what is real, but that you are struggling with things that have made you question your faith. I too have dealt with horrible, dark thoughts. I too have questioned my faith. I have thought I'm going to hell countless times and that this is all a joke because at the end of the day, God wont save me. I've thought, "Yeah, I can keep trying, but deep down he knows I doubt."

I get it. I've been there. I am there. Though, deep, deep down I KNOW he is real. Why? Well, I had a crazy thing happen to me that I could never explain well enough to express the magnitude it had on my faith. Again though, I still struggle with feeling as thought I am saved.

Here's the thing: I might never see heaven, but I do know one thing for sure....God and Jesus are real. I kind of know you do too.

I have faith you will figure this out.
Life, just think for a moment about the statement 'question our faith'. How can anyone who has touched Jesus question their fath? It is like me questioning gravity when I first learn to walk. We can have persuction, turmoil and feel like backsliding.....but if we are questioning our faith it tells me something more concerning....have we touched Jesus? We have not ever been saved if we ''question our faith''.

We have not ever been saved if we ''question our faith''.

Who are you to tell anyone who is saved an not? I'm sorry King but that is very self righteous. You are not God and cannot say that. I'm turned off big time by that comment.

I have gone to pastors and spoke to many Christians and even had a forum on here about it and not a single person wrote what you just did.

Sorry for getting angry, but I think it's best to "check yourself before you wreck yourself." Only God has the answers. You are not to determine who is and isn't saved based on what a person says or does.

Life there is no need for you to get upset. You need to think more about that statement.

We can have our doubts about wether we love Jesus or not! When someone says they question their faith...they are saying they are not convinced of their faith being real or the truth...ie they have not touched Jesus...ie they are not saved. Someone IN a relationship with Jesus will say...I hate my faith, I am leaving my faith or I love my faith. Not 'I question my faith'.

Its all very subjective, since it depends on how you interpret the bible. Some interpret the message of salvation mildly some interpret it extremly. So who does one trust with the message for a doubtfull believer. It seems to be a matter of opinion and open to personal interpretation. However none of this is based on fact and logic, rather a hope or faith of the concerned believer, which is again as I said open to interpretation of a person who is not really connected to the subject or is the subject.

Let's just say I have much more faith than a mustard seed, though I have doubted my salvation due to me not feeling good enough in Gods eyes.

I'm tired. I don't know if I want to discuss this anymore with you KingJ. With all due respect, I just know that we do not see eye to eye on this issue, and if I already deal with insecurities with my faith/salvation (however you want to see it), comments like you posted are simply reaffirming those doubts and fears. My apologies for getting defensive. I'm going to bed now.

Its all very subjective, since it depends on how you interpret the bible. Some interpret the message of salvation mildly some interpret it extremly.
Some take salvation mildly :eek:? It is when we take it mildly and allow our minds to be clouded on very simple truth that we just show everyone our inability to grab hold of Jesus with both hands.

If you have not touched Jesus. You have not touched Jesus because of your will!! We will all stand alone before God at judgement day Chris. He will not take any flaky reasoning as an excuse.

You really are entertaining the devils 'blurish' nonsense. I recall the times you stated scripture convincingly...you need to slap yourself ;) (hard).

Yeah I could talk the talk allright, but not know how to walk the walk. About that salvation thing, I was refering to how people go about talking about salvation with people who dissbelieve and leave salvation.

Life, just think for a moment about the statement 'question our faith'. How can anyone who has touched Jesus question their fath? It is like me questioning gravity when I first learn to walk. We can have persuction, turmoil and feel like backsliding.....but if we are questioning our faith it tells me something more concerning....have we touched Jesus? We have not ever been saved if we ''question our faith''.
Because there's an enemy out their that makes people question their faith.

Because there's an enemy out their that makes people question their faith.

Yes that was my first impression, that it seemed that my doubts were a induced experience from a enemy. But when I applied that theory to any other doubts not related to scrutinizing my own faith, I allways had a green flag. This kind of theory that any doubts within your own faith is wrong, but doubts you have about someone elses faith is right, is called circular reasoning.

Ask yourself this question. Why am I free to question and scrutinize everything else but not my own faith and the bible I believe. Is the god you believe in so afraid so intimidated by someone questioning him. If we cant question our deepest theorys about life because we think god wont like it, then hes not as loving and merciful as you say he is.

Ask yourself this question. Why am I free to question and scrutinize everything else but not my own faith and the bible I believe. Is the god you believe in so afraid so intimidated by someone questioning him. If we cant question our deepest theorys about life because we think god wont like it, then hes not as loving and merciful as you say he is.

I question things. Many questions relating to the Bible myself. All I know is I can't deny God the creator. I am not intimidated because He knows my heart and my struggles. I see nothing wrong with questioning. I can't understand why we can't question anything when it comes to our faith. If we do question things we get turned away. He gave us free will.

I seek questions outside the Bible. So many things that are unexplained. Does that make me wrong? Does it make me a non-believer?

I question things. Many questions relating to the Bible myself. All I know is I can't deny God the creator. I am not intimidated because He knows my heart and my struggles. I see nothing wrong with questioning. I can't understand why we can't question anything when it comes to our faith. If we do question things we get turned away. He gave us free will.

I seek questions outside the Bible. So many things that are unexplained. Does that make me wrong? Does it make me a non-believer?

Are you questioning subjectively or objectively. Are you using the same scrutiny as you would for any other faith. For example, when you would investgate the claims of the book of mormon being the truth, how would you go about scrutizing it.

For one you would not trust it if it had conflicting or contadictive information, does the bible have that.

Another reason you would not trust it is if it was contrary to the reality and evidence you do have, does the bible do that.

You said that you question things and doubt, but also say god is good and loves me and understands. But what are you questioning exactly

I was in this same thought about a year ago, the idea that I needed god no matter what, clouded my ability to look at christianity objectivly.

When I questioned my faith it didnt matter about subjective ideas like, I still will have faith that god loves me even if I find the bible has errors. I had to throw out the baby aswell.

When it comes to the book of Mormon it doesn't flow with the line of scripture. It is a different doctrine. Just like any how the King James Bible was arranged. It was arranged by scholars that translated the Bible and then put the pieces together. Personally I have issues with men not ordained by God deciding what is canon and not canon.

I think we are to seek the answers and be guided by the whisper of the Holy Spirit. Things witness with you and the puzzle pieces come together when you do research. We are like detectives trying to find all the pieces of the puzzle to paint the big picture for what it is. How are we to understand the Bible if we don't understand the Jewish culture and ways and how and why they believe what they believed.

What am I questioning is why are there pyramids all over the world and why are there pyramids on mars. Did the Lord create us to populate the earth and harvest it and grow to know Him. The universe is another huge question. It is so huge and vast. We are a grain of sand compared to many stars and planets in the universe. Also I have seen things in the sky many call UFO's with my own eyes. I question crop circles. So that is another question I have. Also the ancient books of India talking about flying vehicles and beams coming out of them and war in the skies. There is a city in India called Rajasthan, India that has nuclear ash and has been dated 8,000 to 12,000 years ago. Did we lose technology and knowledge and are now regaining this?

There are so many questions outside the Bible, but I still believe in Jesus and the scriptures. It doesn't say not to look up the history of the world we live in for answers. He created this world and we live in it so why can't we question things.

Many believers are harsh when you think outside the grounds of the Bible. They label you and pick you apart when they fail to look at themselves and their ways. We are all sinners according to the word. The Bible is a book that teaches us how to be human, live in love, honesty and trust.

Chris, a year ago? Why are you here in this forum? What are you telling us? Are you an atheist?

This is what I am talking about... Labels.

Just because someone questions his faith doesn't mean they don't believe. We are to be a beacon of love and support, not one that pushes people away from the Lord. This is one of many reasons why I seek the Lord alone and walk in love and understanding.

Listen to people that are hurting and seeking, not label them and ask them WHY?

Back