Hostility

Some of my friends on CFS as well as myself have noticed how hostile some of the threads have become, and we are troubled by the level of aggression that we see. We seem to have a lot of individuals who tend to take theological differences personally, and then begin to attack other people on a personal level. I'm hoping that I can encourage everyone to coexist peacefully despite each of our differences.

When we post replies to a thread, I recommend that we challenge ideas instead of people, and attempt to remain as logical and objective as possible. If anyone has a personal issue with someone else, I would encourage them to reason with them through a private message, so that the drama doesn't get splattered all over the discussion boards. Respect is very important to every person alive; everyone wants it, everyone needs it to be happy.

Matthew 5:9 (NKJV)
Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.

I know I'm guilty of getting a bit heated during discussions. It's hard not to when it seems like both sides are just hitting a brick wall over and over. Maybe we all need to limit ourselves to two posts a day for intense discussions. I have a tendency to get annoyed after posting over five posts on the same topic in a 24 hour period, so I know that would help me.

Well said. It does become difficult when being attacked to not respond in kind. It becomes increasingly frustrating when people come into threads you start for the sole purpose of arguing. Not to truly search for truth. In the last thread I was called Satan. I would never walk into someone's thread looking for a fight but there are a couple of people on here who are more concerned about defending their favorite false teacher than they are with standing for the Word of God.

Thanks for the reminder.
Wow...that is such a boldface lie... and you wonder why things become hostile... it is so very sad.

Well said. It does become difficult when being attacked to not respond in kind. It becomes increasingly frustrating when people come into threads you start for the sole purpose of arguing. Not to truly search for truth. In the last thread I was called Satan. I would never walk into someone's thread looking for a fight but there are a couple of people on here who are more concerned about defending their favorite false teacher than they are with standing for the Word of God.

Thanks for the reminder.
Which thread?
Wow...that is such a boldface lie... and you wonder why things become hostile... it is so very sad.
To just call someone a liar without proof only adds to the problem.

The one about Joseph Prince. I never attacked him or said JP was my favorite and I even said I didn't know if JP was right or wrong, but who was he to judge another man's servant. And I never called him satan....but he may not have been talking about me.

Well, it's good that we are discussing our issues. Perhaps soon we will all be able to put our differences behind us. I'll be praying that everyone finds it easier to get along. Can I get anyone else to commit to praying for this too?

Back