House of Prayer

Daniels

Inactive
House of Prayer

House of Prayer
"And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer;
but ye have made it a den of thieves."- Matthew 21:13
1.Place of joy
"Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer."
- Isaiah 56:7
a. Joy in worship
"Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing."
- Psalm 100:2
b. Joy in witness
"I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD."
- Psalm 122:1
"Whither the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, unto the testimony of Israel, to give thanks unto the name of the LORD."
- Psalm 122:4
c. Joy in word
"And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem."
- Isaiah 2:3
2.Place of justification
"..their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar"
a. Cleansing
"And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually."
- Job 1:5
b. Commitment
"O LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, our fathers, keep this for ever in the imagination of the thoughts of the heart of thy people, and prepare their heart unto thee:
And give unto Solomon my son a perfect heart, to keep thy commandments, thy testimonies, and thy statutes, and to do all these things, and to build the palace, for the which I have made provision.
And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the LORD your God. And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD, and the king.
And they sacrificed sacrifices unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings unto the LORD, on the morrow after that day, even a thousand bullocks, a thousand rams, and a thousand lambs, with their drink offerings, and sacrifices in abundance for all Israel."
- 1 Chronicles 29:18-21
c. Conquest
"And Samuel took a sucking lamb, and offered it for a burnt offering wholly unto the LORD: and Samuel cried unto the LORD for Israel; and the LORD heard him.
And as Samuel was offering up the burnt offering, the Philistines drew near to battle against Israel: but the LORD thundered with a great thunder on that day upon the Philistines, and discomfited them; and they were smitten before Israel."
- 1 Samuel 7:9-10
3.Place of Judgement
"...for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people."
a. Creation
"And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation"
- Acts 17:26
b. Salvation
"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."
- Luke 2:10
c. Adoration
"O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph."
- Psalm 47:1

Back