How can I be good chrisitan?

I don't go outside much i normal go to school and home and i try to follow my 10 commands and the bible.
what else can i do to show am a good christian.

Hello dear Saint, 1 John 4:7-11 & Mark 12:30-31 is a foundation to build upon. But please maintain your wisdom, given by God. Also, adhere to the "sky's the limit" rule found in Galations 5:22-23!

God bless.

It's not a formula, but a relationship. If you don't have a personal, ongoing relationship with Jesus, you can do nothing to be a "good" person.

I don't go outside much i normal go to school and home and i try to follow my 10 commands and the bible.
Hey, Patricia. Great, great, great question.

We all have asked ourselves, "What can I do to be better? What should I do to the best of the person that I am?"

Notice the emphasis I'm making on the "I"? It's because many times (myself included), I can make my salvation based on ME, based off of MY works.

But, is it really about ME? Did I die upon that cross to rescue me from the wrath of God? Nope. It was Jesus' death :)

I think having that attitude is great. I do. However, I think it's dangerous at the same time. When we put this all upon ourselves, we underestimate the power of the cross and what Jesus did when He died for us.

You will always and forever break those commandments. I am in full-time ministry and I always break the 10 commandments, even though I try not to.

The thing with Jesus' death on the cross is this:

He. Took. Care. Of. It.

Your hard works and everything no longer falls under condemnation, but under grace. Back in the day, people had to do lots of sacrifices after every sin they committed. Then this man came along, died upon a cross, and became that one sacrifice that took care of all of that to where we no longer need to sacrifice animals for our sin.

So, your efforts, they are meaningless when it comes to your salvation. They don't matter. "For it is by grace you have been saved, THROUGH faith - and this it NOT from yourselves, it is the gift of God - NOT BY WORKS, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Of course, you will be judged for your actions. (Romans 2:6). But does it determine your salvation? No. Because as Ephesians 2:8-9 says, you're saved from grace, from faith. It's not by us. And none of us are good. It's only by God's righteousness that I am seen as righteous when He sees me. Because it's not MY righteousness, but Jesus' that God is seeing. It is NOT my by works.

So, when you say, "I try to keep the 10 commandments." I think that's good, but it's not possible. I remember I used to CRY and be so FEARFUL every time I broke a commandment, because I thought I was going to hell. It wasn't until God told me, "I took care of ALL of this, Katie. You do nothing. You believe in Me."

How do you prove yourself as a good Christian? I think you should ask yourself as to why you want others to see you as a good Christian. I want people to know I'm a Christian simply because they will see Christ in me. I think that's a great reason. If it's a reason to show off that you are better than each other, then it's a wrong motive.

In order to show Christ, pray that God moves you and inspires you and keep seeking after Him. It's not a ritual, it's not religion. We are not saved from the horrors of hell because of religion, but because of Jesus. Seek after Him whole heartedly and He will direct your paths and move you. People have seen me after I hung out with Christ and could just see a difference in me and I wasn't even saying anything. It is just evident. Just like how Moses came from the mountain top, his face RADIATED after spending time with the Lord.

People will know you're different by how you act, but it's only because you have been touched by God. Just like Moses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings:
Ask others to form a group with you to sponsor an overseas- child.Don't use The salvation Army or a big name TV
personality;their overhead is so large that the kid only gets a pair of shoes.

bye

Hey, Patricia. Great, great, great question.

We all have asked ourselves, "What can I do to be better? What should I do to the best of the person that I am?"

Notice the emphasis I'm making on the "I"? It's because many times (myself included), I can make my salvation based on ME, based off of MY works.

But, is it really about ME? Did I die upon that cross to rescue me from the wrath of God? Nope. It was Jesus' death :)

I think having that attitude is great. I do. However, I think it's dangerous at the same time. When we put this all upon ourselves, we underestimate the power of the cross and what Jesus did when He died for us.

You will always and forever break those commandments. I am in full-time ministry and I always break the 10 commandments, even though I try not to.

The thing with Jesus' death on the cross is this:

He. Took. Care. Of. It.

Your hard works and everything no longer falls under condemnation, but under grace. Back in the day, people had to do lots of sacrifices after every sin they committed. Then this man came along, died upon a cross, and became that one sacrifice that took care of all of that to where we no longer need to sacrifice animals for our sin.

So, your efforts, they are meaningless when it comes to your salvation. They don't matter. "For it is by grace you have been saved, THROUGH faith - and this it NOT from yourselves, it is the gift of God - NOT BY WORKS, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Of course, you will be judged for your actions. (Romans 2:6). But does it determine your salvation? No. Because as Ephesians 2:8-9 says, you're saved from grace, from faith. It's not by us. And none of us are good. It's only by God's righteousness that I am seen as righteous when He sees me. Because it's not MY righteousness, but Jesus' that God is seeing. It is NOT my by works.

So, when you say, "I try to keep the 10 commandments." I think that's good, but it's not possible. I remember I used to CRY and be so FEARFUL every time I broke a commandment, because I thought I was going to hell. It wasn't until God told me, "I took care of ALL of this, Katie. You do nothing. You believe in Me."

How do you prove yourself as a good Christian? I think you should ask yourself as to why you want others to see you as a good Christian. I want people to know I'm a Christian simply because they will see Christ in me. I think that's a great reason. If it's a reason to show off that you are better than each other, then it's a wrong motive.

In order to show Christ, pray that God moves you and inspires you and keep seeking after Him. It's not a ritual, it's not religion. We are not saved from the horrors of hell because of religion, but because of Jesus. Seek after Him whole heartedly and He will direct your paths and move you. People have seen me after I hung out with Christ and could just see a difference in me and I wasn't even saying anything. It is just evident. Just like how Moses came from the mountain top, his face RADIATED after spending time with the Lord.

People will know you're different by how you act, but it's only because you have been touched by God. Just like Moses.
I skimmed over what you said...and I have to say...Romans.

I don't go outside much in normal go to school and home and i try to follow my 10 commands and the bible. what else can i do to show am a good christian.

Christianity should come naturally. I would say its important for every Christian to understand the difference between Christianity and a typical religion. Most religions teach be good, feel good. Christianity teaches turn the left cheek after giving the right. Give cloak and coat. Love your enemy. So, how do you consistently put yourself beneath others unless you have had a supernatural change of heart / are a 'new' person 2 Cor 5:17? Ie, Christianity cannot be faked. In your own strength you can state that you forgive your enemy, but with Jesus, you can truly forgive... and then truly love them as well. Can you forgive your rapist and then consistently visit him in prison and make sure he is doing well?

Jesus answers your question well in Matt 19.

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?”
21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Jesus may not literally want us all to sell all we have. But this parable points clearly to making Him Lord of our lives. Along the lines of
Matt 16:25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it and Matt 16:24.

Last edited:
Obey the commandments, adapt a devotional, pray your heart out, and love others as Christ loved us.

It's easier said than done, but it isn't impossible one bit.

The moon in the darkest night testifies and bares witness that not only is the sun still shining .But that there is coming a perfect day .

It can only do that when it is in aright relationship with the sun and a right relationship with the world.

"Present your body then as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable to God which is your REASONABLE service ;that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God " Romans 12:1

in Christ
gerald

Back