How Can We Know?

Jesus Freak

Previously DanaCovert68
How can we know which people are mature and not mature Christians? I just want to know how we can know for sure. No one on here can say that I or anyone on here is a new believer. They don't know. Please tell me how we can know.

Generally there is a "you will know them by their fruits" response to this, which is true, and is supported by lots of Bible passages.

However, regarding Christian leaders (apparently in response to the Corinthians boasting about the quality of their leaders), Paul also says:

3I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.
1 Cor 3:3-5

I'm going to pose this question to you all: what do you think I am in regard to my walk ? Mature, or immature? I will accept whatever response you give. Let's not argue about this, please. I just want opinions only.

Well, I think, probably, the healthiest attitude for us all to have is that we're not yet mature enough.

12Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. 13Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you; 16however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.
Philippians 3:12-16

You can get a good idea by how they act if they are new or mature Christians, being a Christians for a long time does not make one mature it is more about how close they followed after the Lord to grow thru Him.

How can we know which people are mature and not mature Christians? I just want to know how we can know for sure. No one on here can say that I or anyone on here is a new believer. They don't know. Please tell me how we can know.
May be by their age? :D Just kidding! Found this link.. Makes some good comparison

http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/christia/mature.htm

I'm going to pose this question to you all: what do you think I am in regard to my walk ? Mature, or immature? I will accept whatever response you give. Let's not argue about this, please. I just want opinions only.
I don't know about you.. I am still immature.. That I know..

Back