How do I know heaven and hell are real?

U

Unregistered

How do I know heaven and hell are real?

Hi. I don't consider myself a christian, but I wanted to ask christians out there a question- how do you know the bible is true? I used to go to church but I had so many doubts I stopped going. I now consider myself an agnostic,and its hard for me to believe in a book that was written so long ago. Is there any actual, real evidence that the bible is true and that heaven and hell exist?

I don't think there is a heaven or hell, but I think if there was, I would go to heaven because I have been a good person all my life (for the most part) and I can't imagine God would want to go around torturing people anyway.

There is a reason I am thinking of this so much, I guess. I suffer from depression, and it seems that I have been struggling a lot more lately. Sometimes I think about suicide. I live alone, so it would be easy to just go into my bathroom and hang myself. So I have been wondering a little more than usual about the afterlife, only because I used to be catholic and my sunday school teachers were always talking about hell all the time. Like I said, I don't think there is anything, and if there is, I think I'd be fine, but I still wonder a little. Because once your dead you can't change your mind.

So my question is, is there any actual PROOF that there is a heaven and hell, and if you believe in them, why? Is it just because you were raised that way?

It's hard to help you online. Those who seek Him will find Him. Tell a pastor what you believe and if you want to seek, tell him you want help to seek Him.

Memo to Unregistered -

We have noticed that you have asked several questions in this unregistered area in the past couple of days... and that is fine. But the overall theme of your inquiries seems to include depression, anger and self doubt.

There is only one way to remove the depression and unsavory thoughts from yourself and that is to know and understand why you are having these thoughts and questions. Please - seek the assistance of a qualified Christian councellor - and if you wish, we can give you a couple professional referrals in the Morristown area that you could meet with to discuss your personal issues and see if they can help you through this difficult time in your life.

Christians love to help others and we believe that you were led here to CFS to really seek that help. We would also like to recommend that you start reading a Bible version such as "The New Living Translation", so you can get a grasp on what God's Promises to us all actually are. Once you start Bible Studies on your own, you will have a much better idea of why you are here and how God wants to to be successful in life and to simply love Him and to know the teachings of Jesus Christ.

If we can be of any assistance to you in those regards, please let us know.

Unregistered, I totally agree with Pastor Gary. When you get that Bible look in the Index for the New Testament (which teaches all about Jesus) and read the 3rd book there, which is Luke. It was written for people who don't believe, or find it hard to believe.

The next book after that is John, and many love it because John was a loving kind of guy.

Is all that you'll read there true? SURE IS!!! The evidence of what you'll read is true proven history! You can trust it. It is God reaching out to YOU saying that He loves you, and there's much that you can read to discover for yourself that this is correct.

Like Pastor said, here at CFS we love you, even though we've never met you. Our love is why we care, and we will do all we can to help you. It's just difficult via written words, like Mark said. But not impossible. Depends how much you want to know the truth: I've helped people on forums with depression etc., and seen others do the same. I can certainly help you with your queries about God, the Bible, Jesus and so on. So there's an option for you (you ask questions, and I'll answer them truthfully for you to the very best of my ability).

Otherwise follow Pastor Gary's advice and seek out a good Christian counsellor, or let Pastor help you find someone in your area like he suggested.

Hang in there. You CAN find answers. There IS help you can get. And remember that you don't have to be on your own, and we love you, okay!

- BM

Dear Unresistered,

I hope this helps in some small way. I suffered from clinical depression and severe panic attacks all my life. About two years ago my wife left me to follow her career, we had been married 18 years. I pretty much went off the deep end if you know what I mean. I was drinking way way to much and taking 4 differant meds to try to control my depression and anxiety. Over a period of 6 months I lost 67 pounds from drinking and throwing up whenever I ate food. See I have no parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles or siblings, to say I was alone in this world is an understatement. I sat with a loaded pistol in my lap for months trying to get drunk enough to pull the trigger. A year and half ago I decided to go to church to say my goodbye to God, I figured maybe he could hear me there. I went to church that Sunday with my loaded gun in the truck so when I left I could finish what I started out to do that day. As I sat there hearing the message that day the paster looked straight into my eyes and said " there is another answer to this if you let him in ". That day changed my life. I went home after the service was over and unpacked a bible that my mother gave me when I was a kid. I fell to the floor crying and holding that bible to my chest. I sit here right now with tears in my eyes remembering how I felt that day. I prayed that day and for the first time I really felt like God heard every word and was right there with me, I realized I was not alone. I started going back to church as many times a week as I could, I could not get enough. Every sermon and message I heard hit me straight in the heart and soul, like I was the only person he was speaking to. It has been almost two years now and I do not drink anymore and the four differant medications that I was so dependent on all my life well I can say that I have not taken any in a year and a half and i have never felt better. That is all do to the grace and love of God. I owe God a thanks that I can never repay, for I am just a humble sinner but I do try everyday. The question that you asked was whether or not heavon and hell really exist, I am here to tell you that is DOES exist, why because God exists but he can not help you until you like me realize that we can not do it by ourselves. He is right there waiting for you to ask him into your heart and you will recieve the help we ALL need in our lives. You are not alone. My prayers are with you and may God bless you now and forever. I do not know if they allow it here but if there is anything I can do let me know and i will give you my email address.

Friend..

I am glad that you came to the forum.. I don't know you , but am praying for you, because the Lord knows you, and I pray friend that peace and love and happiness will fill your life and take away the depression that you feel..

Please let me explain all I can.. i have been saved about a year.. so as far as alot of depth from the bible, i would have to gety my ible to go into it for you.. but.. I do have a heartful of love, and didn't have that before i was saved, I call out to my Father and Savior and they do hear me, even though i don't deserve it, And your heart is the only thing the Lord wants.. he wants you to know him, know about him, and find him..

I believe that you are a good person as well, i use to believe that way, that because i was good, i would make it to heaven, but, i heard a preacher on the radio a few years ago say something that made so much sence and i agreed.. he said : you know, you can be a really good person, but if you don't have a plane ticket, then they ain't gonna let you fly".. honestly it is that way, Jesus died for our place in heaven, we have to accept him inot our hearts and then, once you find that love of him, oo friend!! It is wonderful.. those missing peices, those dissappointment, they seem to just leave and be filled with love!!.

Love freind, that is what life is about.. Once you find the true love of the lord, all the ther love falls into place.. People will come into your life that you never expected to, and they will love you and encourage you, just here on this site, i have found some of the greatest friends i will ever know!! because of the goodness of the lord!

Love to you dear friend, please seek him, call out to him, and if you need us, we are here to talk to you, and to listen to you.. Please, find stregth in him and the rest will fall right into place, God is god, he is our father, and wants good for his children..

You asked how to know if the Bible is true, and if Heaven ,or hell is real.
This is a long read but I have tried to answer all your questions with as much truth, as I can ,of what I have searched out for many others for years.

I'm thankful that you believe there is a God.

Some who argue that hell does not exist do so on the basis of their belief that Jesus taught love, peace, and forgiveness - and that He did not teach about an eternal place of fiery punishment for non-believers.

However, the exact opposite is true.

Jesus taught more about hell than anyone else in the Word of God.

Jesus described hell as an unquenchable fire (Matthew 3:12), a place of eternal fire, (Matthew 25:41) eternal punishment (Matthew 25:46), and as a place of torment, fire, and agony (Luke 16:23-24). Jesus taught specifically about hell many times in His ministry (Matthew 5:22, 29-30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15,33; Mark 9:43-47; Luke 12:6; 16:23).

People across the world are asking, "Is hell real?" Can there really be a physical location of burning torment and punishment that is spoken of in the Bible? Only three in ten adults (31%) see hell as an actual location: "a place of physical torment where people may be sent.

The question of why hell exists has perplexed many people through the ages. Countless have asked, "If God is so good, why would He create a place like hell?"

This is similar to asking, "If our government is so good, why would it create prisons?" The answer seems simple enough - places like hell and prisons exist because some people will choose to do the wrong thing, and because of that, they need to be punished. It is fairly easy to understand how this reasoning applies to the existence of prisons, but does it really pertain to hell as well?

In the biblical Creation account found in the book of Genesis, no mention is made of a place called hell. Everything that God made during the time of Creation was good.

However, the Bible tells us in Matthew 25:41 that hell was later prepared for "the devil and his angels" (see also Isaiah 14:12).
God did not create hell for man; it was never His intention that any man or woman should go to hell.

In 2 Peter 3:9, we learn that God does not want "anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

Hell is a real place.

We know this from many verses in the Bible, several of them spoken by Jesus, Himself; and we know that the wicked and unrighteous will go there when they die.

So once again, we are back to the main point that God is good, and life in hell is terrible, so why would God create such a place?

Even though hell was initially created to hold Satan and the angels that fell with him, there will also be men and women in hell.

Hell is a place of eternal separation from God, and people go there when they die because they chose to separate themselves from God while living on earth.

God created us with the free will to make our own choices, and separating ourselves from God is one of the choices we are free to make.

Our free will is a wonderful gift from God in that He does not force us to love Him or to follow Him. Without our free will, we would be nothing but puppets or robots, which does not please God, and certainly does nothing to better our lives.

While God desires that everyone would choose to love Him, some people will choose not to. These people will die in their sins and be separated from God forever in hell.

God loves us so much that He respects our freedom of choice. If we choose not to love Him, then why would He want to force us to live with Him eternally in heaven?

Wouldn't living for eternity with someone we don't love be hell anyway?

God wants to spare those people who don't love Him from having to live with Him and be under His rule for eternity in Heaven.

"Is hell real?" is answered "no" by a lot of people. These people would like to believe that when we die, we don't go to a heaven or a hell, we simply cease to exist. However, wouldn't a God who sends us into nonexistence at death be just as "cruel" as one who allows us to freely choose our own destiny, which could be hell?

Even atheist Friedrich Nietzsche said that he would rather choose eternally conscious suffering than nonexistence.

God's perfect justice also demands that there be a hell to punish the unrepentant and wicked among us.

As Walter Martin said about the existence of hell and eternal punishment in his book, "The Kingdom of the Cults," "They make much to-do about God being Love but forget that because He is Love, He is also Justice and must require infinite vengeance upon anyone who treads underfoot the precious blood of Christ, who is the Lamb slain for lost sinners from the foundation of the world."

What kind of a loving God would He be if the wicked were never punished? Why would He have sent His Son to die for our sins, if we could reject that redemption and not eventually pay the price?

What incentive would we have to do good and love God if we knew we could reject His Son and choose to do evil all of our lives and never be punished? We would not want this lack of justice in the streets of our cities and towns, so why do we expect God to mete it out in the overall universe

This is how to know that the Bible is true. No one has the wisdom nor the knowlege to see so far into the future to be able to predict so many things that can become this true, with so much perfection ,so many times over and over again.

Messianic prophecy is the collection of over 100 predictions (a conservative estimate) in the "Old Testament" ,about the future Messiah of the Jewish people.

These predictions were written by multiple authors, in numerous books, over approximately 1,000 years. Messianic Prophecy is so dramatic today, because with the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the reliability of the Septuagint version of the Old Testament (both of which have been proven to exist prior to the time Jesus walked on the earth) you can be assured that these prophecies were not “conspired” after-the-fact.

Messianic prophecy was fulfilled by the Messiah, Jesus Christ. Although many Jews did not accept Jesus as their Messiah, many did, and they became the Jewish sect later known as the Christians.

Christianity, based in dramatic part on the fulfillment of historical prophecy, spread rapidly throughout the Roman Empire of the 1st Century.

Examine the prophecies yourself, and calculate the probability of one man fulfilling just a handful of the most specific ones, and you’ll be amazed.

“Jesus said to them, ‘This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.’” Luke 24:44 (NIV)

The Old Testament verses are the prophecy; the New Testament verses proclaim the fulfillment. Check them all out for yourself!

Born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:21-23)

A descendant of Abraham (Genesis 12:1-3; 22:18; Matthew 1:1; Galatians 3:16)

Of the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10; Luke 3:23, 33; Hebrews 7:14)

Of the house of David (2 Samuel 7:12-16; Matthew 1:1)

Born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2, Matthew 2:1; Luke 2:4-7)

Taken to Egypt (Hosea 11:1; Matthew 2:14-15)

Herod´s killing of the infants (Jeremiah 31:15; Matthew 2:16-18)

Anointed by the Holy Spirit (Isaiah 11:2; Matthew 3:16-17)

Heralded by the messenger of the Lord (John the Baptist) (Isaiah 40:3-5;
Malachi 3:1; Matthew 3:1-3)

Would perform miracles (Isaiah 35:5-6; Matthew 9:35)

Would preach good news (Isaiah 61:1; Luke 4:14-21)

Would minister in Galilee (Isaiah 9:1; Matthew 4:12-16)

Would cleanse the Temple (Malachi 3:1; Matthew 21:12-13)

Would first present Himself as King 173,880 days from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25; Matthew 21:4-11)

Would enter Jerusalem as a king on a donkey (Zechariah 9:9; Matthew 21:4-9)

Would be rejected by Jews (Psalm 118:22; I Peter 2:7)

Die a humiliating death (Psalm 22; Isaiah 53)

involving:rejection (Isaiah 53:3; John 1:10-11; 7:5,48)

betrayal by a friend (Psalm 41:9; Luke 22:3-4; John 13:18)

sold for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:12; Matthew 26:14-15)

silence before His accusers (Isaiah 53:7; Matthew 27:12-14)

being mocked (Psalm 22: 7-8; Matthew 27:31)

beaten (Isaiah 52:14; Matthew 27:26)

spit upon (Isaiah 50:6; Matthew 27:30)

piercing His hands and feet (Psalm 22:16; Matthew 27:31)

being crucified with thieves (Isaiah 53:12; Matthew 27:38)

praying for His persecutors (Isaiah 53:12; Luke 23:34)

piercing His side (Zechariah 12:10; John 19:34)

given gall and vinegar to drink (Psalm 69:21, Matthew 27:34, Luke 23:36)

no broken bones (Psalm 34:20; John 19:32-36)

buried in a rich man’s tomb (Isaiah 53:9; Matthew 27:57-60)

casting lots for His garments (Psalm 22:18; John 19:23-24)

Would rise from the dead!! (Psalm 16:10; Mark 16:6; Acts 2:31)

Ascend into Heaven (Psalm 68:18; Acts 1:9)

Would sit down at the right hand of God (Psalm 110:1; Hebrews 1:3)

Christian persecution started with Jesus himself.

He was asked directly at his trial, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?”

Jesus left no room for ambiguity – His first two words were “I am.”

The religious elite in Jerusalem knew what Jesus was saying – It was very clear to them that He was claiming to be God. As such, Jesus was put to death on a Roman cross for the crime of blasphemy, thus becoming the first martyr for what would become the Christian Church.

Many of the Early Disciples Died for their Faith.

Christian persecution was a dramatic part of early church history.

For anyone who holds that the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ was a man-made hoax conspired by a group of disciples should check out the legacy of martyrdom.

Eleven of the 12 apostles, and many of the other early disciples, died for their adherence to this story.

This is dramatic, since they all witnessed the alleged events of Jesus and still went to their deaths defending their faith.

Why is this dramatic, when many throughout history have died martyred deaths for a religious belief?

Because people don’t die for a lie.

Dying for a belief is one thing, but numerous eye-witnesses dying for a known lie is quite another.

Here is an account of early Christian persecution, as compiled from numerous sources outside the Bible, the most-famous of which is Foxes’ Christian Martyrs of the World:

Around 34 A.D., one year after the crucifixion of Jesus, Stephen was thrown out of Jerusalem and stoned to death. Approximately 2,000 Christians suffered martyrdom in Jerusalem during this period.

About 10 years later, James, the son of Zebedee and the elder brother of John, was killed when Herod Agrippa arrived as governor of Judea. Agrippa detested the Christian sect of Jews, and many early disciples were martyred under his rule, including Timon and Parmenas.

Around 54 A.D., Philip, a disciple from Bethsaida, in Galilee, suffered martyrdom at Heliopolis, in Phrygia. He was scourged, thrown into prison, and afterwards crucified.

About six years later, Matthew, the tax-collector from Nazareth who wrote his gospel in Hebrew, was preaching in Ethiopia when he suffered martyrdom by the sword.

James, the brother of Jesus, administered the early church in Jerusalem and was the author of an Epistle by his name. At age 94, he was beat and stoned, and finally had his brains bashed out with a fuller's club.

Matthias was the apostle who filled the vacant place of Judas. He was stoned at Jerusalem and then beheaded.

Andrew was the brother of Peter who preached the gospel throughout Asia. On his arrival at Edessa, he was arrested and crucified on a cross, the two ends of which were fixed transversely in the ground (this is where we get the term, St. Andrew's Cross).

Mark was converted to Christianity by Peter, and then transcribed Peter’s account of Jesus in his Gospel. Mark was dragged to pieces by the people of Alexandria in front of Serapis, their pagan idol.

It appears Peter was condemned to death and crucified at Rome.Jerome holds that Peter was crucified upside down, at his own request, because he said he was unworthy to be crucified in the same manner as his Lord.

Paul suffered in the first persecution under Nero. Paul’s faith was so dramatic in the face of martyrdom, that the authorities removed him to a private place for execution by the sword.

In about 72 A.D., Jude, the brother of James who was commonly called Thaddeus, was crucified at Edessa.

Bartholomew preached in several countries and translated the Gospel of Matthew into the language of India. He was cruelly beaten and then crucified by idolaters there.

Thomas, called Didymus, preached the Gospel in Parthia and India, where exciting the rage of the pagan priests, he was martyred by being thrust through with a spear.

Luke was the author of the Gospel under his name. He traveled with Paul through various countries and is supposed to have been hanged on an olive tree by idolatrous priests in Greece.

Barnabas, of Cyprus, was killed without many known facts in about 73 A.D. Simon, surnamed Zelotes, preached the Gospel in Mauritania, Africa, and even in Britain, where he was crucified in about 74 A.D.

John, the "beloved disciple," was the brother of James. From Ephesus he was ordered to Rome, where it is affirmed he was cast into a cauldron of boiling oil. He escaped by miracle, without injury. Domitian afterwards banished him to the Isle of Patmos, where he wrote the Book of Revelation.

He was the only apostle who escaped a violent death.

Christian Persecution: The Church Grew Dramatically Despite the Horrible Deaths Christian persecution didn’t slow the growth of the Christian faith during the first few centuries after Christ. Even as its early leaders died horrible deaths, Christianity flourished throughout the Roman Empire. How can this historical record of martyrdom be viewed as anything but dramatic evidence for the absolute truth of the Christian faith – a faith, unlike any other, founded on historical events and eye-witness testimony.

Who and why would anyone die like this for something that they knew was not true?

Well, as for the Christian counselor.....

About a year ago I was having a major problem with my depression,and couldn't find a counselor that could take my insurance. I have had a lot of really bad experiences with churches in my life (really bad ones, including s*xual abuse in one in addition to 'spiritually' abusive ones) and thought I'd try going to the megachurch in Morristown for help.

They agreed to set me up with a christian counselor,knowing that my insurance would not cover anyone they let me pay on a sliding scale. I saw her once and she seemed very nice and compassionate.

Well, things continued to get bad for me and I attempted suicide. I landed in the hospital, and before my injuries had even healed, my counselor came to me. She explained that the church leaders had had a meeting,and that they had decided that I was too much of a liability. they were concerned that if I died under their care, my parents could sue the church. So they were cutting me loose. They wished me luck in finding other arrangements (those were the exact word of the pastor's email that I got the next day)

So no, I don't think Christian counseling is an option.

The truth is, I am basically at odds with Christianity. I have known some of the most terrible, cruel, reprehensible people who called themselves Christians. When I was in college, I first had problems with depression, and I went to the christian group in campus, I was told that I was a sinner and that is why I was sick. Even though I was born again and prayed the sinner's prayer with all my heart and meant it and repented and believed. I went to healing ceremonies, begging Jesus to heal me. I prayed and read the bible every night, including the book of John, in its entirety. I know you will say I was not a real Christian, I could not have been, because I completely reject Jesus now but I know what I believed and how sincere I was.

The Christian friends I had all turned on me. The non-christian friends I had remained kind, compassionate, sat up with me at night, dried my tears, and were wonderful. I never kept in touch with any of the Christians. I recently tried to facebook one of the ones who was nicer to me and she rejected my friend request.

Yet you would have me believe that all these Christian people are going to heaven and all my non-Christian friends are not. That is not right. In fact, that is obscene.

I don't think I'll post anymore. I think that my own course is whatever it is. It's ironic- I was wandering around Yahoo news and stumbled across a story- totally out of the blue. IT was about a government worker who was suspected to have been murdered. It turns out that he killed himself by hanging himself, and the medical examiner was quoted saying how he quickly went unconscious and "it was not a bad death." In the grand scheme of things, that is quite a coincidence. If having a pastor say something to a person at an opportune time is God's message in action, what is that? I mean, what are the odds?

We all have problems in live and sounds like you have more than your share. But the thing about getting to know the Lord is He will help us with the problems by HIS strength, not our own. It can get too discouraging alone. I'm not talking about "church", but keeping that relationship with Jesus alive and also some of His people.

We care about you :) Please stick around.

I don't think I'll post anymore. I think that my own course is whatever it is. It's ironic- I was wandering around Yahoo news and stumbled across a story- totally out of the blue. IT was about a government worker who was suspected to have been murdered. It turns out that he killed himself by hanging himself, and the medical examiner was quoted saying how he quickly went unconscious and "it was not a bad death." In the grand scheme of things, that is quite a coincidence. If having a pastor say something to a person at an opportune time is God's message in action, what is that? I mean, what are the odds?

friend I am sorry that the christians in your life were not kind, and i am so sorry for your depression, but please, please do not think like this.. Eternity is real friend, why would we be here? How??? it doesn't make sence that we would be here withut a purpose, a reason for it all. Yes all man has it in them to be kind or unkind, please don't think all christians are unkind based on them.. But, i don';t even worry with that, now i worry for your safety and life. friend it is so important that you not allow this to get into your head, but that you find someone, someway of making your life worth it, The Lord will guide you through, just believe in him, ask him, seek him, try it, just try it frind.. we care here we really do, and i pray you ar okay.. please respond back!!

I guess it doesn't hurt to respond back for now. I am sorry I got all upset before. I have a lot of bad feelings that got stirred up.

I have the extension cord ready to hang myself, if that is what I decide to do. If the universe does have a purpose, how do I know that stumbling across that article isn't a sign that I should do it? I was worried it would be painful, but I think from what I read that it is quite peaceful and then there would be nothingness. I've thought about suicide on and off for a long time, and this would only be fulfilling what I have been thinking about. But I'm not sure I really want to do it. After all, it would hurt my family. I dont' get along with my parents very well, but I still think they'd be hurt.

I am a 38 year old woman who lives alone - never married, have very few friends and I never really go anywhere. So I would not be some great loss to the community.

But I will try to check in from time to time as long as I'm still here.

Hello
Its good to see you back on here.

In regard to your question, the devil uses people just like God works through people. Jesus said the He comes to give abundant life, but the thief only comes to kill, steal, and destroy. So by that we know who is working though people. Satan will use others to kill us or steal from us if all areas of life -- and death.

Those that really have a relationship with Jesus encourage others and try to help them. Some who think they are Christians just know some things about the church or God, but they are only religious. The ones who truly have a vital relationship with Jesus are the true Christians. Its a world of difference. You can know which is which by their life.

Thank you so much for your responding back.
I cannot say to you i know what you are going through friend, i do not, but i care so much that you are. I am one that hangs on to life, I have a modest little life, i am 27, a female and i know that this is the only trip on this earth we are going to make!! Please understand hat i care, i hate thinking anyone is hurting this way, and even though i can't understand, i know that so many people would be so hurt without you. Sometimes we mean alot more to people than we know, some people are just really bad at showing it. But, you have right now at your fingertips, the chance to make your life anything that you want to make it!! You are limitless with chances, opportunites and you can reach out and help those that may be feeling this way too!! And you would understand!!

I am thankful you are here asking and searching and trying to find answer's, Life is full of questions that are so hard to answer, and most of the time we don't really now, we simply trust that the lord will keep us in His mercy and love. I don't know if you have read the bible, but I would say that if you get a chance soon, please read Mathew and Mark in the new testiment.. I think it will at least give to you an insight on some of the things you are wondering about.

Fiend, so much in life is hard, that i do understand, but, no matter what, this is never going to be the answer, you have to hold on and see what it is in life that is waiting for you! There are things in this life that only you are meant for, and i pray that the Lord will will help you, that you will give him a chance to show you those things you are meant for..

Dear one, I hope you can see from the positive posts here that there ARE good Christians on this earth!!! It's very SAD you've had so many bad experiences with people CALLING themselves Christians. They probably WEREN'T!!
The church that cut you loose like they did I find disgusting. But unfortunately it happens. This is because out there is a MIXTURE of true Christians and ones who are certainly NOT! Whereas HERE you will mostly meet caring, loving, TRUE Christians.
What you can do now is a choice you can make: to CHOOSE to let us love you, and support you as best we can. To us YOU ARE PRECIOUS!! And you are so very precious to God too - even though you don't know Him, or are even sure He exists.
** I am not an expert on problems like yours, but seeing you don't want to go the Christian Counsellor route, I do have quite a deal of experience of helping people via forum posts exactly like we're doing here. For example, I am still in contact with a young person who was in a mess of depression and thinking suicide, and I helped her on a forum about 4 years ago. Her life is now GREAT!! (And she loves us a lot cos we helped her so much!!)
I can even give you an email address for us to talk personally if you feel like that could help. My wife has been through bad depression, knows a lot about it, and she and I would work to help you with that.
We can love you, be there for you, and give you help and advice if you want it. With NO expectations, and NO commitments needed! And stop at any time, no problem! (Just say the word, and I'll give you the email address.)
With much love!!
- BM (with his Lady)

Addition to post above: if you want to say a word, or sentence, or whatever you wish to us, here now is the email address for you. [Edit: now removed] Just click it, and it's ready to start. The address is only for you, and the contents will remain totally private between you and us (anyone else who uses the email address, your email will simply be deleted).

Jeff, the owner of this forum trusts me, which is why he's officially appointed me as a Helper here (part of the staff of the forum). I do hope we may hear from you, dear one, and begin to help you if we can. Meantime, along with numbers of others here, I am praying most earnestly and sincerely for you and your situation.

Much love!

- BM (with his Beloved)

Is it ok if I start a new thread about this? So that I don't have to scroll through all the reponses on a different topic?

Certainly -

Just tell us in one more post in THIS thread as to the TITLE of the new one that you will be starting, so we can all watch for it.

Blessings and thank you...

I was thinking- thoughts on suicide and the bible. That way anyone who is in a fragile state of mind or doesn't want to read about such topics will know to avoid the thread. I don't want to upset or trigger anyone else into having bad thoughts.

That's very kind thinking indeed, and shows goodness and thoughtfulness in you!! I presume you're thinking of not mentioning suicide and so on in your new thread. I'm still hoping you'll talk to us via the email address, and am continuing to pray for this if it's in God's will for us to be able to love and support you.

I'm an Aussie and it's now ticked over to Thursday here, so I'm off to bed, but will be back here in the morning.

Until then - Love and Hugs from us both!!

- BM (with his Lady)

Back